ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Hawkeyes

do you always misspell McCaffery? Not about to look through all your posts, but you do know it's spelled the same way your head coach spells his last name, yes?

I lol'd when it was Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, but dude...
Regardless, it doesn't seem (from an outsider's perspective) that Iowa has any clamp on Iowa high school stud basketball players..
Wonder where Foster ends up..

IU was allowed to play gorilla ball last night not BB and the refs played a very big role as Iowa who went into the game avg'ing 31 FTA SHOT 6 FT in the 1st half and only 3 in the 2nd half.
Cook only played 14 minutes because foul trouble just 2 days after scoring a double double on against PSU yet in that 14 minutes he put these up for numbers 9 points, 3-7 from 2 and 1-1 from 3 0-0 from the FTL 5 rebounds and 1 steal, against PSU he was 9-13 from the FTL and played 34 minutes. yeah right
Baer picked up 2 fouls in 45 SECONDS to start the 2nd half and he too played just 14 minute with these for stats.
3 points 3 rebounds and 3 blocks IU played out of their minds with a lot of help from the refs allowing them to play as physical as they wanted.

IU shot 38% from 3 and 65% from the line. In no way, shape, or form is that “out of their minds.” If they had made several wide open shots, they would’ve won by 30.

Regardless, it doesn't seem (from an outsider's perspective) that Iowa has any clamp on Iowa high school stud basketball players..
Wonder where Foster ends up..
they didn't have any reason to till Fran showed up as players like his style of play and the bigs the freedom to face the basket rather than being forced to play with their back to the basket, That is why Garza chose Iowa, Nunge is originally from Iowa,
it all started in the 2012 class when top 50 Woodbury chose Iowa over UNCheats
even Uthoff a native Iowa came back after choosing Wisconsin,

you have to remember Iowa was a raging forest fire wheb Fran took over. the fans attending Iowa BB games had dropped to between 5000 and 7000 on a good night. Lick over 3 years avg'd just 5 wps.
SA started the fan decline over the Pierre Pierce Fiasco.
not only has Fran had to rebuild this team from scratch but he also had to give the fans a reason to come back. which is what he has done as the crowds are tipping the scale at over 13,000 in a arena that holds 15,500 fans,

Fran runs a up tempo offense and gets the players that want to play in a up tempo offense.

as for McCaffery vs McCaffrey I have misspelling his name with out giving it thought since he has been Iowa's HC. I will remember that for future postings

Reactions: KisteK
they didn't have any reason to till Fran showed up as players like his style of play and the bigs the freedom to face the basket rather than being forced to play with their back to the basket, That is why Garza chose Iowa, Nunge is originally from Iowa,
it all started in the 2012 class when top 50 Woodbury chose Iowa over UNCheats
even Uthoff a native Iowa came back after choosing Wisconsin,

you have to remember Iowa was a raging forest fire wheb Fran took over. the fans attending Iowa BB games had dropped to between 5000 and 7000 on a good night. Lick over 3 years avg'd just 5 wps.
SA started the fan decline over the Pierre Pierce Fiasco.
not only has Fran had to rebuild this team from scratch but he also had to give the fans a reason to come back. which is what he has done as the crowds are tipping the scale at over 13,000 in a arena that holds 15,500 fans,

Fran runs a up tempo offense and gets the players that want to play in a up tempo offense.

It’s laughable that Woodbury was a top 50 guy. He played like a lowly 3* guy.

as for McCaffery vs McCaffrey I have misspelling his name with out giving it thought since he has been Iowa's HC. I will remember that for future postings
This is why nobody here takes you seriously. You post information as if it proves your point and here you don’t even know how to spell your own coaches name.

This is why nobody here takes you seriously. You post information as if it proves your point and here you don’t even know how to spell your own coaches name.

East Chicago is a suburb of Chicago dude. Haha

Hold your horses, buddy. That's tomorrow. As for the prediction, I agree. Never thought before the season that losing to you guys by DD was a truly possible outcome, but here we are

I don't think either teams are that good, especially right now. I think Iowa has the better chance to make a run late in the year though.

Jesus, isn't it bad enough that we spent the offseason being bludgeoned to death by overeager Iowa fans about how good they were going to be this year? Now that they are 0-2 in the Big Ten and 4-5 overall and it's pretty obvious that they really aren't any good (as all non-Iowa fans predicted), you've moved on to crowing about how great Iowa will be NEXT year?!? Just give it a break already. This desperate yearning for recognition is kind of rancid and pathetic.

ISU by double digits tonight
gger.gif

huge.
if.
true..

Hold your horses, buddy. That's tomorrow. As for the prediction, I agree. Never thought before the season that losing to you guys by DD was a truly possible outcome, but here we are

I think iowa has more talent, but isu has better coaching. I'm not sold on Prohm (sp, I'm sure), tho.

I think we all starve waiting for a frantrum and the Hawkeyes earn the win.

Best of Luck to the Clones.
And to the fans who'll be starving for college hoops on Thursday.

Jesus, isn't it bad enough that we spent the offseason being bludgeoned to death by overeager Iowa fans about how good they were going to be this year? Now that they are 0-2 in the Big Ten and 4-5 overall and it's pretty obvious that they really aren't any good (as all non-Iowa fans predicted), you've moved on to crowing about how great Iowa will be NEXT year?!? Just give it a break already. This desperate yearning for recognition is kind of rancid and pathetic.
Iowa bring in #40 Wieskamp and loses Uhl who has only played in 5 of the 9 games this season in spite of all the injuries, so banking on Iowa next season being better is not a stretch. last season Iowa started out 3-5 in the OOC this season they are 4-3, they also went 8-5 in the OOC and can still go 10-3 or 9-4 depending on the game vs ISU.

Iowa bring in #40 Wieskamp and loses Uhl who has only played in 5 of the 9 games this season in spite of all the injuries, so banking on Iowa next season being better is not a stretch. last season Iowa started out 3-5 in the OOC this season they are 4-3, they also went 8-5 in the OOC and can still go 10-3 or 9-4 depending on the game vs ISU.
I didn't say it was a stretch, I said it was pathetic that we're only a few games into THIS season and we're already having to hear Iowa people blab about NEXT season as if we should just ignore how wrong all the blabbing about how good they were going to be THIS season was.

Seriously, have you not caught on to the common delimiter in disappointing Iowa basketball seasons yet?

I didn't say it was a stretch, I said it was pathetic that we're only a few games into THIS season and we're already having to hear Iowa people blab about NEXT season as if we should just ignore how wrong all the blabbing about how good they were going to be THIS season was.

Seriously, have you not caught on to the common delimiter in disappointing Iowa basketball seasons yet?
these are Fran's 1st 7 seasons
4-14 10th in the BT
8-9 T-7th
9-9 6th alone
9-9 6th alone
12-6 T-3rd
12-8n T-3rd
10-8 T-5th
if that is what you call disappointing seasons you have a severe problem. 6 straight post season appearances after seeing the forest fire before Fran was hired where the team averaged 5 BT Wins per season

Fran has rebuilt this team after 12 years of listless BB and the apathy that had settled around the program.

If anything, this works against Iowa.

Like KisteK said "Good Luck"
how #40 4* Wieskamp lives within a hour of IC and just signed his LOI, so I don't see how it can work against Iowa.

in Dr. Tom's 13 season he lost just one top instate player, Fran has been keeping the top Talent home and even Uthoff who lived 45 minutes from Carver came back

all I see are a lot of people hoping that Iowa loses top recruits and loses on the court. as Iowa has absolutely no right to recruit top talent and never win.

how #40 4* Wieskamp lives within a hour of IC and just signed his LOI, so I don't see how it can work against Iowa.

in Dr. Tom's 13 season he lost just one top instate player, Fran has been keeping the top Talent home and even Uthoff who lived 45 minutes from Carver came back

all I see are a lot of people hoping that Iowa loses top recruits and loses on the court. as Iowa has absolutely no right to recruit top talent and never win.
I like the kid, hoping he chooses KU..
But in the likelihood he does not, "Good Luck" to Iowa.

Next year is always Iowa’s year. Can perpetuate mediocrity that way. Same thing for football.

Next year is always Iowa’s year. Can perpetuate mediocrity that way. Same thing for football.
so what's Wisconsin's excuse this year as they are fully healthy and yet they are worse than Iowa

so what's Wisconsin's excuse this year as they are fully healthy and yet they are worse than Iowa

In what way are we worse? Better in every metric and ranking system. No losses to morehead st either.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
In what way are we worse? Better in every metric and ranking system. No losses to morehead st either.
In the way that "I can say anything on the internet, double down on, and ignore the fact that I'm a compete moron " way.

Reactions: jwardelt
Iowa has not played morehead state and I see your mighty badgers are losing to super power Temple.

for the record it was Louisiana [Lafayette] who was picked to win their conference and SDSU who were picked to win their conference.

Before the season when writers were predicting Iowa would finish 8th in the B1G I boldly proclaimed there was no way that would happen. So far I'm correct, there's not way they finish that high with this dumpster fire of a team. Yikes.

This is correct. Shocker he’s wrong
. here are the current standing
Boise State 8-1
Nevada 8-1
SDSU 7-2
UNLV 7-2

the MWC is not a pushover league oh wait South Dakota State isn't even IN the MWC.
so who is the one that is WRONG when you can't even get the conference right.

Boise State 8-1
Nevada 8-1
SDSU 7-2
UNLV 7-2

the MWC is not a pushover league oh wait South Dakota State isn't even IN the MWC.

Iowa basketball=
giphy.gif

Boise State 8-1
Nevada 8-1
SDSU 7-2
UNLV 7-2

I don’t need a brush up on my Wolfpack. Those aren’t standings just overall record. Nevada will win the conference by a couple games.

Sorry I can’t keep up with what shitty teams Iowa has lost to

I don’t need a brush up on my Wolfpack. Those aren’t standings just overall record. Nevada will win the conference by a couple games.

Sorry I can’t keep up with what shitty teams Iowa has lost to
none of them are worse than the ones the Indiana has lost to. in that arena that needs to be torn down before somebody gets hurt or possibly killed.

Boise State 8-1
Nevada 8-1
SDSU 7-2
UNLV 7-2

South Dakota STATE also wasn't picked to win their conference. South Dakota was.

Reactions: KisteK and klize17
none of them are worse than the ones the Indiana has lost to. in that arena that needs to be torn down before somebody gets hurt or possibly killed.

Ah yes because when a building loses power for a few it means they will get killed.

A couple Indiana High Schools have better gyms than Carver

ADVERTISEMENT