ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana, contender or pretender?

My cousin was a part of back to back national title swimming teams at auburn
Who was that? You don’t have to post his name if you don’t want to though.

I swam at KU and during a winter training trip in Largo, FL we trained for a couple of days with Auburn. This was around 20 years ago when they had some of the best sprinters in the world. Brett Hawke being one of them. Auburn dominated swimming there for like a 5 year period. Those guys worked us in practice.

Who was that? You don’t have to post his name if you don’t want to though.

I swam at KU and during a winter training trip in Largo, FL we trained for a couple of days with Auburn. This was around 20 years ago when they had some of the best sprinters in the world. Brett Hawke being one of them. Auburn dominated swimming there for like a 5 year period. Those guys worked us in practice.

Kurt Cady. He was there from 03-06. Auburn had it rolling with David marsh. Then marsh became the Olympic coach. We go out and hire quick who had won titles. He wins 1 at auburn. Then passed away unfortunately. Program hadn’t been the same since

Reactions: schoonerwest
So you're one of about eleven people who watched any of those events, assuming you actually went.

There were at least 100 of us there. I have also seen auburn win a national title with 50,000 other auburn fans in the venue as well

Kurt Cady. He was there from 03-06. Auburn had it rolling with David marsh. Then marsh became the Olympic coach. We go out and hire quick who had won titles. He wins 1 at auburn. Then passed away unfortunately. Program hadn’t been the same since
I’m guessing Richard Quick? He was at Stanford with Skip Kenney when I was coming up. Stanford and Texas were both known as the top “blue bloods” of the sport. Then Auburn began crushing it. I just looked your team up. I didn’t realize that Auburn won that many titles after I was out of the sport. Bummer they aren’t what they used to be. Plenty of schools come and go like that in swimming. If you didn’t know already, Indiana was the “it” program of the 1960’s and 1970’s. They had Mark Spitz along with some other famous Olympians of the time.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Too early to tell. Their schedule has been bad.
If we beat Arkansas, that will be wins over Two, Top 50 KenPom teams...Albeit both would be at home. Overall it would be wins over FSU(17), Arky(37), UConn(58) and Notre Dame(68). Throw in Louisiana Tech(75), and thats 5, Top 75 wins. The schedule was horrendous to start. Agree. But lately its been solid.

ADVERTISEMENT