ADVERTISEMENT

In a vacuum, who do you root for in these rivalries?

Most non Big Ten guys picked MSU and almost all of the Big Ten guys picked Michigan. That’s about exactly what I would have guessed.

I do. It's been awhile since I have seen you work someone. I need to know you still got it
There was a big brew ha on Sound off the other day. I penned an innocent thread about SOS and it got tons of folks upset. It was me vs the board and then all of a sudden a UK fan jumped in on my side. I had work to do and left the thread and the UK fan was all alone. I came back and felt sorry for him even though he had gone and jumped back into it. The MOD finally locked the thread after 8 pages.

There was a big brew ha on Sound off the other day. I penned an innocent thread about SOS and it got tons of folks upset. It was me vs the board and then all of a sudden a UK fan jumped in on my side. I had work to do and left the thread and the UK fan was all alone. I came back and felt sorry for him even though he had gone and jumped back into it. The MOD finally locked the thread after 8 pages.

Damn. Why were they jumping on you? And UK fan is a good dude. Kinda surprised any UK fan would stick up for a Vol. Lol

And I am done posting over there. Gus can suck my dick. In fact the way that place is run is a joke.

I was just saying Cardinals have red necks. ;)
5-female-cardinal-diane-giurco.jpg

Female Cardinal's don't have red necks. I think this needs to be noted.

Reactions: cdbearde
Damn. Why were they jumping on you? And UK fan is a good dude. Kinda surprised any UK fan would stick up for a Vol. Lol

And I am done posting over there. Gus can suck my dick. In fact the way that place is run is a joke.
In SOS, the Vols happen to have had the most difficult schedule ytd. I hardly even noticed it and didn't mention it, but they took it the wrong way, like I was bragging or something. Imagine them thinking little ole me bragging! I'm sure this shocks you as much as it did me.

Reactions: hawkit3113
If the game between 2 teams has no players you like and has no impact on your team, what team or brand do you generally pull for in these rivalries.

Duke/UNC
UK
/Louisville
Purdue/Indiana
Michigan/Michigan State
Florida/Florida State

I bolded the teams I root for generally.
Neither (or whoever is the underdog)
UK
Purdue (duh)
MSU (but usually whichever has the worse conference record)
Florida

Outside of UNC I don't really have a strict rooting allegiance in any of the others. Probably just depends on the year and maybe some of the players.

UK/Louisville - well, duh.
Duke/UNC - fuxk em both
Purdue/Indiana - Cold day in hell before I root for IU
Michigan/Michigan State - I've always liked Sparty and how they handle their business, football and basketball both. Every Michigan fan I've encountered is fuxking insufferable.
Florida/Florida State - I guess. More of a root against Florida than anything. Don't really care about this game TBH

Reactions: Floyd170
I'm actually going to take a shot at this.

UK/Louisville - Probably Louisville in basketball and UK in football but I've pulled for UK before in basketball I think.
Duke/UNC - Obviously the good guys.
Purdue/Indiana - Do not care but this year I will pull for Purdue if I think it will help UNC since we played them.
Michigan/Michigan State - This year Michigan (again because we played them). I probably slightly pull for Michigan in basketball and MSU in football as a general rule though.
Florida/Florida State - FSU most of the time actually.

If the game between 2 teams has no players you like and has no impact on your team, what team or brand do you generally pull for in these rivalries.

Duke/UNC
UK
/Louisville
Purdue/Indiana
Michigan/Michigan State
Florida/Florida State

Duke/UNC (terrorist attack)
UK/Louisville
PurdueIndianaMichiganFloridaFloridaState (no preference, depends on the players year to year)

Reactions: UL_1986 and MGC_07
Michigan State fans seem humble, while Michigan fans behave like they’re in the middle of a Woodenesque dynasty. Strange, considering that Mich St is the program that wins the league every other year and goes to the final four regularly.
Ya Michigan fans really turned me off of the program last year. They were not good.

Duke/UNC
UK
/Louisville
Purdue/Indiana
Michigan/Michigan State
Florida/Florida State

1) I cannot “root” for UNC or Duke, really. I respect both (more respect for Duke), but both schools and the excessive hype around them can be nauseating.

2) I usually root for the home team or underdog in UK/UL, which ends up being Louisville most times I watch.

3) Purdue, unless an IU win actively helps Illinois.

4) Absolutely no preference, whatever helps Illinois.

5) Florida, though I barely care and am kind of surprised this made the list over others. :)

Reactions: MGC_07

Duke/UNC
UK
/Louisville
Purdue/Indiana
Michigan/Michigan State
Florida/Florida State

Duke
UL
Purdue
Michigan State
FSU (duh)
K-State if that one is added in.

Hardest one for sure was Duke/UNC.

ADVERTISEMENT