ADVERTISEMENT

I love Luke Maye

TheDude1

Apr 15, 2010
Would have posted this, win or loss. I’d take that damn kid on my team any day... absolute nose for the ball, especially on the offensive boards, soft touch, good shooter, hustles... he will score up close, and will STILL be the first back on D.

So yeah. It looks like he wears makeup. Oh well. Kid is just a rock.

He is good. He struggled when Zion guarded him tonight. A play that wasn't talked about was Zion blocking him late. Would have made the shot. Just a great play. He took it to Zion a few times though. He certainly wasn't scared.

TBH, UNC really played Zion pretty well and the dude still scored thirty something. He is pretty unreal.

Would have posted this, win or loss. I’d take that damn kid on my team any day... absolute nose for the ball, especially on the offensive boards, soft touch, good shooter, hustles... he will score up close, and will STILL be the first back on D.

The title is kinda creepy IMO but that’s just me.

Struggling against a physical specimen like Zion... well, what can you do. Maye is a “gets the absolute most out of his physical gifts, and then some, and then grabs one more board on top of that” type of guy. Add in some big time, balls shots when it mattered most...

He is good. He struggled when Zion guarded him tonight. A play that wasn't talked about was Zion blocking him late. Would have made the shot. Just a great play. He took it to Zion a few times though. He certainly wasn't scared.

TBH, UNC really played Zion pretty well and the dude still scored thirty something. He is pretty unreal.
I thought they played Zion as well as you could have. You are right, he is unreal. He is just so disruptive all over the court. I am not sure Duke wins either of the other two games against UNC, pretty sure they wouldn’t have even if Zion played but Duke is not a national title contender without him. Second or third round at best.

I thought they played Zion as well as you could have. You are right, he is unreal. He is just so disruptive all over the court. I am not sure Duke wins either of the other two games against UNC, pretty sure they wouldn’t have even if Zion played but Duke is not a national title contender without him. Second or third round at best.
I'm confident they win both with Zion, we saw proof of that tonight despite Reddish shaving points and Barrett missing both free throws.

Reactions: sgrooms
I'm confident they win both with Zion, we saw proof of that tonight despite Reddish shaving points and Barrett missing both free throws.

Htfb.gif

I am as disappointed with Reddish as I’ve been with nearly any freshman ever, all things considered.
I think Reddish has a ego problem.He is letting the attention of the other two play mind games with himself. he has all the skills to be great, mentally, it's not there yet.

Reactions: heelpharm
UNC isn’t going to miss a million threes every game. Duke won by one with Zion. They’re pretty evenly matched with him on the court. Don’t be a homer.
I'm sorry Duke's defense bothered UNC's 3 point shooting so much.

Maye is a kid you can’t help but like. Not a major recruit but came in and worked his ass off and plays hard. Hard for me not to like guys like that.
RACK! I'd take a kid like Maye anytime. Plays hard, good shooter,rebounder,don't get rattled, excellent passer, makes few mistakes. I still hate that he made that three on us, but got to give credit where credit is due. UNC will miss him next year.

I'm sorry Duke's defense bothered UNC's 3 point shooting so much.

I think it did some, for sure. But they also missed plenty of open looks.

I’m just glad duke had Zion this time. That leveled the playing field. The rest of us actually got to watch two evenly matched duke/UNC teams for the first time this season.

I am as disappointed with Reddish as I’ve been with nearly any freshman ever, all things considered.
Me too. For the first few months of this exact play, I was willing to chalk it up to being young. Now that it has gotten worse, I just hope he isn’t played as much any more. I think K finally had enough last night.

Reactions: tw3301 and TheDude1
Me too. For the first few months of this exact play, I was willing to chalk it up to being young. Now that it has gotten worse, I just hope he isn’t played as much any more. I think K finally had enough last night.

And how messed up is that? The kid came in with such a rep against high schoolers... but man, he hasn’t been very good.

Hats off to Duke. Zion was certainly the difference. There has never been anything quite like him. Reflecting in the game this morning, I’d have to say K out coached Roy after failing to do so the first two games. He went to the bench and got good minutes from guys who hadn’t done much all year. He had them playing an attacking defense and UNC didn’t respond.

Shame that UNC probably won’t be a 1 seed now.

Reactions: denniden

Great post. Even though he stopped our run a couple of seasons ago, he did what he was supposed do. Just a great blue collar kid.

Hats off to Duke. Zion was certainly the difference. There has never been anything quite like him. Reflecting in the game this morning, I’d have to say K out coached Roy after failing to do so the first two games. He went to the bench and got good minutes from guys who hadn’t done much all year. He had them playing an attacking defense and UNC didn’t respond.

Shame that UNC probably won’t be a 1 seed now.
I don’t really agree that Roy got out coached. Zion is a different animal & might be the greatest college player I’ve ever seen.
UNC lost this game because Williams, Maye & White shot 1-15 from 3. Very rare that all 3 of them are off at the same time.

I think it did some, for sure. But they also missed plenty of open looks.

I’m just glad duke had Zion this time. That leveled the playing field. The rest of us actually got to watch two evenly matched duke/UNC teams for the first time this season.
Well, almost evenly matched.

BTW, anyone ever seen this Red Panda lady live? Is it pretty amazing?

Yeah, I remember some street performers on Beale Street while there. Pretty entertaining. Wish I had a money making skill.

BTW, anyone ever seen this Red Panda lady live? Is it pretty amazing?
I have, at a Celtics game last year. She is incredible. Couldn't take my eyes off of her while she did her thing.

ADVERTISEMENT