ADVERTISEMENT

How many of your team's players are exploring other options?

frazor

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2002
For Alabama 4 guys have entered the draft. Two expected to stay and two expected to come back. Two guys who contributed a good deal this year have hit the portal (Bradley and Burnett). The lone bright spot to this off season is that 9 year Sr. Javon Quinnerly is looking to return for one more year.

Is this now the trend with every school? How on earth does a team like SDSU find itself with even 4 seniors, much less 8?

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
For Alabama 4 guys have entered the draft. Two expected to stay and two expected to come back. Two guys who contributed a good deal this year have hit the portal (Bradley and Burnett). The lone bright spot to this off season is that 9 year Sr. Javon Quinnerly is looking to return for one more year.

Is this now the trend with every school? How on earth does a team like SDSU find itself with even 4 seniors, much less 8?
Last year Kansas won a title with 4 seniors and 2 juniors. They didn’t have a freshman that really contributed.

Seniors
Ochai Agbaji, Dave McCormick, Mitch Lightfoot, and Remy Martin

Juniors
Christian Braun and Jalen Wilson.

Every player at UK does this every damned year and it gets tiresome.

They must look out for their best interest but it sure gets bad for the poor simple fan. You can't depend on one kid doing the correct thing for the team. I sometimes wonder if they know what a damned team is.

We haven't had anyone enter the portal since we hired this chick to handle NIL partnerships. Obviously it will happen. But, I suspect the # of players transferring out will be relatively minimal, provided she's able to secure lucrative deals for the valuable bench players.

We haven't had anyone enter the portal since we hired this chick to handle NIL partnerships. Obviously it will happen. But, I suspect the # of players transferring out will be relatively minimal, provided she's able to secure lucrative deals for the valuable bench players.
Duke pays well. There is a lot of money in New York and New Jersey.

Kentucky should do the same.

Joe Girard seems like he got forced out, so he’s going to spend his extra year of eligibility somewhere else.

Mintz is testing the draft waters.

Jesse Edwards is transferring. The sentiment is Cuse couldn’t get a NIL deal to his liking, especially after seemingly cutting ties with our billionaire NIL guy. But since Jesse is a foreigner, I’m not sure how that all works. Maybe he wants to go to a team that’ll play a game outside the US because there’s some loophole where he could grab a check when he gets off the plane (I think).

Then 2 guys who didn’t play much/at all; Symir Torrence and John Bol Ajak.

Hoping Mintz comes back. He’s projected early 2nd round, afaik, so it could go either way.

Girard will be phenomenal at a smaller school. He put up a few years of decent numbers against high major competition, almost always smaller and slower than his opponents. He’ll probably transfer to a conference where he gets to play against more white guys, which can only help his stats.

I assume Jesse is a top 10 transfer target. He’ll go somewhere big.

My first thought was hopefully all, but then I read your post. Outside of a couple, I assume all.

She was "employed" with Duke before she was employed by Duke.

FUp4ufgWIAILGwT

It's kind of nuts that once it became legal you gave her an important title.
But hey why not. Makes Duke inclusive (which wasn't always y'alls thing), and keeps it business as usual.
*seriously **** NCAA and everything at this point. The new "Modern Era".
Just for the record and so everyone agrees, when did the new modern era begin.
After covid season?
NIL has to be it.

*UK owned the era when it was illegal to pay players. Everything going forward is subject.

Last edited:
I'd love to see a payroll and results chart. We know Miami, and we also with covid, we have multi-year teams. Sorry, players that's transferred and played into their mid 20's.

It's going to take a couple of years to truly get a grasp on salary caps in college sports' value to winning.

She was "employed" with Duke before she was employed by Duke.

Everyone used to say that Capel was the bag man. But, the Duke coaches aren't stupid. They're not going to leave a paper trail that can be traced backed to them. Would be interesting to know how much money the Duke recruits were getting then and now. I suspect Filipowksi is getting 7-figures.

Honestly, kind of surprised that no one from our deep bench has transferred - Jaylen Blakes, Jaden Schutt, or Christian Reeves. They all have potential, but I think all 3 will struggle to crack the rotation next year. I think they could have valuable roles in 2024-25. Gotta imagine they're receiving decent compensation to keep them happy with their current roles.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Vols have 4. Barnes has already replaced them. We should be a better scoring team, but will lose some of our interior defense.

FSU has had 4 players transfer so far. 2 were asked to leave (McCleod and Bembry), 1 was mutual (Mills), and 1 is probably not the preferred option of the staff but also not that surprising (Cleveland).

Baba surprisingly is returning for another year and one of last years transfers, Darin Green, is also returning.

It’s possible someone like Jalen Warley could still transfer but less than 50/50 I think. Tom House or De’Ante Green (both freshmen last year) could still transfer as well.

We currently have 2 open spots.

ADVERTISEMENT