ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Fsu ! Guess who is coming to Dinner

You’re allowed to be a fan, just don’t expect us not to be one back. But I would say both teams have progressed since the last game, and we know how that one ended, and how your last two games on the road went

He's a playful shit talker. Not to talk for him LOL!

You’re allowed to be a fan, just don’t expect us not to be one back. But I would say both teams have progressed since the last game, and we know how that one ended, and how your last two games on the road went

I know how the last game in Tallahassee went for UofL.

This is what ive been waiting for.
All those other games ( save Duke) were practice games for our Revenge !

Which throwback FSU great is the most beloved?

A) Alton Lee Gipson
B) George McCloud
C) Mitchell Wiggins
D) Randy Allen
E) Toney Douglas (Not a Throwback but cousin of Cards great Harry Douglas)

I'm going with McCloud. That dude could not be stopped. Wiggins was a sniper. Gipson was mean. Allen was alright. Toney D got buckets.

Gotta go with Dave Cowens or Reggie Royals, maybe Ron King Winking

Which throwback FSU great is the most beloved?

A) Alton Lee Gipson
B) George McCloud
C) Mitchell Wiggins
D) Randy Allen
E) Toney Douglas (Not a Throwback but cousin of Cards great Harry Douglas)

I'm going with McCloud. That dude could not be stopped. Wiggins was a sniper. Gipson was mean. Allen was alright. Toney D got buckets.

Toney Douglas was freaking incredible. But he’s often overlooked for some reason. In terms of all time, probably Dave Cowens or Ron King. Sam Cassell and Charlie Ward are of course up there too.

In terms of the last 15 years or so, I’d say Al Thornton. Just a straight monster.

Toney Douglas was freaking incredible. But he’s often overlooked for some reason. In terms of all time, probably Dave Cowens or Ron King. Sam Cassell and Charlie Ward are of course up there too.

In terms of the last 15 years or so, I’d say Al Thornton. Just a straight monster.

Ron King is from Louisville and was Mr Basketball in Kentucky.

Reactions: GE Nole
The Tuck is a fortress.

you’ve already lost before you get off the bus

Ironically, i have to drive through Louisville tomorrow on the way to Indianapolis from Tallahassee, sucks but unavoidable

Be ready for a lot of close lane traffic from Louisville to Indy... Seems there is always a lot of construction and for me it feels like the lanes are extremely tight on that path for a good 30-45 minutes.

Reactions: supergreennole

Biggest game in FSU history. Hopefully our CARDS spoil it! I believe they can!!!

Replicate the game @ Duke!!! 40 minutes of effort.....this one is important for ACC/NCAA seeding

It may not be a stretch to say it is the biggest home game in the modern era considering the stakes. FSU still has a chance at a regular season championship, and 1 seed in the NCAAT, and it would begin with winning this game and winning out. I think there would be an outside shot at getting a 1 seed if we win all of our games between now and the ACCT championship but lose to Duke.

It may not be a stretch to say it is the biggest home game in the modern era considering the stakes. FSU still has a chance at a regular season championship, and 1 seed in the NCAAT, and it would begin with winning this game and winning out. I think there would be an outside shot at getting a 1 seed if we win all of our games between now and the ACCT championship but lose to Duke.

We likely wouldn’t even get a 1 seed if we won out, including the ACC Tourney. Kansas and Baylor are locks. Gonzaga is a near lock. Dayton, Duke, and Maryland are probably all ahead of us and all will continue to win games too.

We likely wouldn’t even get a 1 seed if we won out, including the ACC Tourney. Kansas and Baylor are locks. Gonzaga is a near lock. Dayton, Duke, and Maryland are probably all ahead of us and all will continue to win games too.
I think that we would definitely be a 1 if we won out. That would mean we would likely have 4 or 5 wins over teams in the top 3 seed lines, and a 10 game winning streak. I don't think Dayton would be able to withstand that resume. At the end of the day, I'd of course take a 2, but other than UVA a few years ago, you can pretty much chalk up the first game as a win.

I think that we would definitely be a 1 if we won out. That would mean we would likely have 4 or 5 wins over teams in the top 3 seed lines, and a 10 game winning streak. I don't think Dayton would be able to withstand that resume. At the end of the day, I'd of course take a 2, but other than UVA a few years ago, you can pretty much chalk up the first game as a win.

Even with winning out, we’d at most have 9 or 10 Quad one wins. Kansas has 11 right now lol. Creighton has 9. Maryland already has 6 or 7.

Even with winning out, we’d at most have 9 or 10 Quad one wins. Kansas has 11 right now lol. Creighton has 9. Maryland already has 6 or 7.
Quad one wins aren't the only thing that matters. The fact is, not all Quad 1 wins are equal. With a 30-4 record, with perhaps only 1 bad loss by 2 on the road in the first game of the year, I think we'd be getting a lot of publicity to get that final 1 seed.

Quad one wins aren't the only thing that matters. The fact is, not all Quad 1 wins are equal. With a 30-4 record, with perhaps only 1 bad loss by 2 on the road in the first game of the year, I think we'd be getting a lot of publicity to get that final 1 seed.
Let's have this argument when it happens ;)

Reactions: Fsuwarpath10
Game will decide who gets to split the regular season title with Duke in the ACC.

Should be a great one.

I dont think that is true since Louisville won @Duke. If we win out, we would win it outright.

But of those Q1 wins FSU would likely have four Q1 A1 wins. Not a lot of those to go around. I think a 31-4 ACC regular season and conference champ gets the fourth 1 seed.

Also, I'd wager that FSU has close to, if not the most, P5 wins this year. I know that isn't a metric that really is used for anything, but it should be mentioned that we didn't really rack up a ton of wins against teams no one has ever heard of. Something that I think is really hurting us is we played Chicago St in a game that was scheduled for us by the exempt tourney we played in. They are just awful.

Currently we have wins against UF, Purdue, Tennessee, and 13 ACC wins. By the time it is all said and done, I think it'll be about 19 or 20 wins by the time the Post season starts. None of those OOC wins against P5 look all that great now, but each of those teams has had some great wins this year, or is stacked with talent, and none of them were at home.

Still a lot of BB to be played. Just don’t see FSU running the table. If they get thru the next 4 at 3-1, it’s a good job IMO.

Also, I'd wager that FSU has close to, if not the most, P5 wins this year. I know that isn't a metric that really is used for anything, but it should be mentioned that we didn't really rack up a ton of wins against teams no one has ever heard of. Something that I think is really hurting us is we played Chicago St in a game that was scheduled for us by the exempt tourney we played in. They are just awful.

Currently we have wins against UF, Purdue, Tennessee, and 13 ACC wins. By the time it is all said and done, I think it'll be about 19 or 20 wins by the time the Post season starts. None of those OOC wins against P5 look all that great now, but each of those teams has had some great wins this year, or is stacked with talent, and none of them were at home.

Under the old RPI, the Chicago State game would be brutal. Total dead weight. Under the NET, it’s not factored in nearly as much.

What’s really hurting us is, we aren’t blowing average to slightly above average teams out. Syracuse for example. The computers don’t know we played that game without Vassell, and mostly without MJ. So that 3 point win looks pedestrian compared to what UL just did.

Reactions: jhmossy
Ooooh I might have to watch this instead of the Bachelor tonight.

Love me some Hannah Ann though

itwx3gj6sz431.jpg

I dont think that is true since Louisville won @Duke. If we win out, we would win it outright.
If Louisville wins tonight and wins out the rest of the regular season then yes Louisville would win the ACC regular season title outright but if FSU wins tonight and wins out the rest of the regular season and Duke wins out the rest of the regular season then Duke and FSU would split the regular season title. There are no tiebreakers used to determine ACC regular season champions. Tiebreakers are only used for determining seeds in the ACC Tournament.

Reactions: HRTheCard
If Louisville wins tonight and wins out the rest of the regular season then yes Louisville would win the ACC regular season title outright but if FSU wins tonight and wins out the rest of the regular season and Duke wins out the rest of the regular season then Duke and FSU would split the regular season title. There are no tiebreakers used to determine ACC regular season champions. Tiebreakers are only used for determining seeds in the ACC Tournament.

That’s what I thought.

That’s what I thought.
I actually forgot one other scenario. If Louisville wins tonight and wins out the rest of the regular season and Duke also wins out the rest of the regular season then they would also share the ACC regular season title but Louisville would get the 1 seed in the ACC Tournament because of the tiebreaker. So basically Duke has 2 different ways to share the ACC Regular Season Title by winning out the rest of the regular season if whoever wins tonight also wins out the rest of the regular season because 2 of Louisville, Duke and Florida State could possibly end the regular season at 17-3 in the ACC.

ADVERTISEMENT