ADVERTISEMENT

Have you Ever Lived outside a 100-mile radius of where you were born?

Are there any roaming gnomes, gypsies, or workers here?

Kentucky, Ohio, Florida, and West Memphis here.

All of my moving was work-related.

@Bert Higginbotha
Kentucky, North Carolina, Kentucky, Florida, Indiana, Texas, Maryland, Florida and retired to Kentucky.

In Sales and Marketing they move you around. I am in my 10th house.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Born in NC, lived in San Diego, Japan, Millington TN, and Orlando
My wife and I both work off of Covington Pike. We've almost moved to Millington a couple of times. It just didn't work out but I'm very familiar with the town. How long did you live there/when?

How long did you live in Asheville? What part of town?
For about a year and a half a couple years ago. We were in a new complex on Patton a couple blocks west of Grove Arcade “downtown.”

We moved quick on finding a place and didn’t realize it was at the center of the homeless hotspot(s). Very strong mixed feelings about the town.

For about a year and a half a couple years ago. We were in a new complex on Patton a couple blocks west of Grove Arcade “downtown.”

We moved quick on finding a place and didn’t realize it was at the center of the homeless hotspot(s). Very strong mixed feelings about the town.

Hah yeah. You're going to be exposed to a lot more stuff when you're living off of Patton.

I lived in a quiet part of town, where there's not too much craziness (Arden/Royal Pines area). For not being a huge city, there's certainly plenty to do here. I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea. I don't think I would enjoy it as much if I lived in the middle of the city.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
MA: 4 cities (Martha's Vineyard/Edgartown, Lowell, Framingham, Malden)
Brazil: 4 cities (Sao Paulo, Campina Grande, Joao Pessoa, Natal)
NC: 3 cities (Asheville, Greensboro, Cherokee)
UT: 2 cities (Ogden, Layton)
SC: 1 city (Spartanburg)

I've lived in 14 cities. I think I got them all.
You are an interesting fella. Durham is the closest thing to a city that I have lived. Let's see what I come up with.

Chapel Hill
Durham
Liberty
Hillsborough
Mebane
Pittsboro
Castle Hayne
And currently Wilmington.

I've lived in places in Orange and Alamance counties that I am not sure what town they are considered. But everywhere other than Wilmington was during my childhood. I have lived here since I was almost 18.

You are an interesting fella. Durham is the closest thing to a city that I have lived. Let's see what I come up with.

Chapel Hill
Durham
Liberty
Hillsborough
Mebane
Pittsboro
Castle Hayne
And currently Wilmington.

I've lived in places in Orange and Alamance counties that I am not sure what town they are considered. But everywhere other than Wilmington was during my childhood. I have lived here since I was almost 18.

Wilmington would be a fun place to live. Lots of good memories of Wrightsville Beach. And the Triangle would be spectacular for being in the heart of ACC country.

It's been fun living in different areas over the years. Moving frequently is also a pain. Been in Cherokee ever since I got married 11 years ago; I can't imagine ever relocating. I never even lived in a rural area before. There are some limitations here, but I quite enjoy the light traffic.

Glasgow,KY. To Valdosta ga. Lexington, London, Berea, KY. Lived 2 months in sazuka, Japan.
I need to tell folks about how bad Barren County folks are. I married a girl born in Glasgow. She is still controlling me after 58 years. 🤣

I love Glasgow. I nearly retired there, but Smiths Grove did not have a red light. At the time I retired my good friend Woody Gardner was the Barren County Judge Executive. He was our starting point guard on my high school basketball team. Woody went to Western on a basketball scholy. Great fellow.

I need to tell folks about how bad Barren County folks are. I married a girl born in Glasgow. She is still controlling me after 58 years. 🤣

I love Glasgow. I nearly retired there, but Smiths Grove did not have a red light. At the time I retired my good friend Woody Gardner was the Barren County Judge Executive. He was our starting point guard on my high school basketball team. Woody went to Western on a basketball scholy. Great fellow.
It's great you became the mayor of that town.

I read you're gettting a buckee's or however you spell it.

And now you have a Buckees. Time to move, Bert.

Last edited:
Grew up in Birmingham, college in Tuscaloosa and then Ft Lauderdale for 2 years to Atlanta and got the hell out of there as fast as I could.
Lived in Nashville then back to Birmingham.

MA: 4 cities (Martha's Vineyard/Edgartown, Lowell, Framingham, Malden)
Brazil: 4 cities (Sao Paulo, Campina Grande, Joao Pessoa, Natal)
NC: 3 cities (Asheville, Greensboro, Cherokee)
UT: 2 cities (Ogden, Layton)
SC: 1 city (Spartanburg)

I've lived in 14 cities. I think I got them all.
dukedevilz you are, by a large margin, the most moved.

I suggest that you pay your rent on time and they will not continue to kick you out! 🤣

Hah yeah. You're going to be exposed to a lot more stuff when you're living off of Patton.

I lived in a quiet part of town, where there's not too much craziness (Arden/Royal Pines area). For not being a huge city, there's certainly plenty to do here. I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea. I don't think I would enjoy it as much if I lived in the middle of the city.
It’s somewhere I’d love to go back and raise a family. Somewhere like Arden, Hendersonville, etc. As far as the in-town experience, I find myself much more partial to Greenville, SC. Utopian vibes, almost to a fault.

Born in Indiana...

Lived in Miss, Alabama, Kentucky, TN.....Army sent me to South Carolina(Ft Jackson), VA(Ft lee), TX(Sam Houston), Col(Ft Carson), TENN(Ft C), and a vacation to the desert.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT