ADVERTISEMENT

Greatest All-Time Coaches from different Conferences.

Auburn has a basketball player that is better than every player in the history of the Kentucky program. I have drank with him a few times. Back to bed geezer
What is his name BOOZO?

Is he better than Issel, Walker, Givens, Bogans, Delk, Mashburn, Grevey, Prince, Nash, Groza, Spivey, Dampier, Beard, Robey or even Davis who was only there 1 year?

Also who at Auburn is better than UK's Oscar Tshiebwe BOOZO?

Has Auburn ever had an undisputed Player of the Year? The answer is NO, BOOZO.

What is his name BOOZO?

Is he better than Issel, Walker, Givens, Bogans, Delk, Mashburn, Grevey, Prince, Nash, Groza, Spivey, Dampier, Beard, Robey or even Davis who was only there 1 year?

Yes Charles Barkley is better than every player that’s played basketball at Kentucky. Oscar verses Charles? Lololololololol. Oscar is a fringe nba player at best. Charles is one of the 50th best basketball players of all time and a HOFer. Again no one in Uk history Vimeo’s close to sir Charles

• Wow
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
What is his name BOOZO?

He may be talking about this.

Yes Charles Barkley is better than every player that’s played basketball at Kentucky. Oscar verses Charles? Lololololololol. Oscar is a fringe nba player at best. Charles is one of the 50th best basketball players of all time and a HOFer. Again no one in Uk history Vimeo’s close to sir Charles
Yes Charles was great, and I like him as a commentator/ sports announcer!! At least he doesn't cry any more. 👍

He may be talking about this.

Yeah let’s trade Charles Barkley’s life for some no name dipshit that only Kentucky fans know. Whoever the hell Kenny walker is I am sure would choose his basketball career over Charles though right?

Somewhere on an old phone i am sure. Any auburn fan that been around a decent amount of time has drank in person with Charles at some point. He is always out at auburn bars in stuff when he comes in for games. It’s not really a rare thing to have a drink with him

Oh my. I love Charles Barkley, but was Charles Barkley better than Dan Issel?

Charles Barkley was better than Kenny Walker (All American, SEC player of the year)? You are a johnny-come-lately fan so your dumb ass does not even know that it was Kenny Walker who made your hero cry. You don't know your left nut from applebutter.

Walker was the fifth pick in the draft. GEEZE.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Oh my. I love Charles Barkley, but was Charles Barkley better than Dan Issel?

Charles Barkley was better than Kenny Walker (All American)? You are a johnny-come-lately fan so your dumb ass does not even know that it was Kenny Walker who made your hero cry. You don't know your left nut from applebutter.

Walker was the fifth pick in the draft. GEEZE.
LOL. Yes Charles Barkley is a much better basketball player than walker or issell. The nba success shows it

• Wow
SEC:
1. Adolph Rupp (4 NC's, 6 Final4's; SEC: 27, SECT: 13) - 876 wins (#1 at UK)
2. Billy Donovan (2 NC's, 4 Final4's; SEC: 7, SECT: 4) - 467 wins (#1 at UF)
3. Dale Brown (--------------2 Final4's; SEC: 4, SECT: 1) - 448 wins (#1 at LSU)
4. John Calapari (1 NC, 4 Final4's; SEC: 6, SECT: 6) - 380 wins (#2 at UK)

5. Joe B Hall (1 NC, 3 Final4's; SEC: 8, SECT: 1) - 297 wins (#3 at UK)
6. Nolan Richardson (1 NC, 3 Final4's; SEC: 4, SECT: 1) - 267 wins at Ark(in SEC)(#1 at ArK)
7. Tubby Smith (1 NC, 1 FF4; SEC: 7, SECT: 5) - 263 wins (#4 at UK)
8. Rick Pitino (1 NC (2nd NC at Louisville), 7 Final4's; SEC: 2, SECT: 5) - 219 wins (#5 at UK)
:
9. Frank McGuire(2 Final4's at UNC & 1 NC (32-0 in '57) at UNC; ) - 283 wins (#1 at South Carolina)
10. Norm Sloan (1 NC (at NC St), 1 Final4; '73 team: 27-0; SEC: 1) - 235 wins (2nd in UF wins)
:
11. Bruce Pearl (1 Final4; SEC: 5 (2 at AU, 3 Tenn) SECT: 1 (at AU)) - 328 wins
328 SEC wins: {183 wins at AU ranks #3 all-time; 145 wins at UT ranks #5 all-time)}
12. Hugh Durham (1 Final4; SEC: 1, SECT: 1) - 298 wins (1st in GA wins; '83 FF4 at UGA)
:
13. Rick Stansbury (---------; SEC: 5, SECT: 2) - 293 wins (1st in Miss St wins)
14. Wimp Sanderson (-----------------------; SEC: 1, SECT: 5) - 267 wins (1st in AL wins)
15. Ray Mears (-------------------------; SEC: 3, SECT: 0) - 278 wins (1st in Tenn wins)
16. Kevin Stallings (----------; SEC: 0, SECT: 1) - 332 wins (1st in Vandy wins)

17. Lon Kruger ( 2 Final4's; 674 wins at six different schools) - 104 wins (#5 at UF; '94 FF4 at UF)
18. Frank Martin (1 Final4; --------------------) - 171 wins (#2 at USC; 2107 FF4 at S.Car)

===============================================================================
I've included Dale Brown on this list because of his number of all-time SEC wins which ranked 2nd only to Adolph Rupp for a very, long time before Billy Donovan eventually passed him on this list. Brown also recruited some of the greatest SEC players that would later go one to be NBA stars including Shaquille O'Neil, Chris Jackson, etc. In his 14th year at Kentucky, John Calapari is in the best position to go up further on this all-time SEC-list. We will see because Calapar's UK team have not made the NCAA Final4 since 2015 (8+ years). Florida has a similar drought (last UF FF4 in 2014) and are now on their 2nd basketball coach since Donovan.

At 328 total SEC wins, Bruce Pearl is someone else to keep an eye on.

Frank McGuire would coach North Carolina to its first national championship in 1957 with his team going 32-0 while defeating Kansas who was led by the legendary Wilt Chamberlin. McGuire became the first coach to lead two different teams to the Final4: St Johns & North Carolina. McGuire also led St Johns to a baseball College World series (becoming one of only 3 coaches to do so). Later, Frank Mcguire would become the all-time winningest coach at South Carolina where he ended his career.

In 1974, Sloan coached North Carolina St (30-1) led by David Thompson before there was a Michael Jordan to its first national championship while defeating John Wooden's legendary UCLA program in the Final4. The invinceable UCLA teams had previously won 7- straight national titles(1967-1973) that had legendary players like Lew Alcinder and later Bill Walton. UCLA was also winners of 9/10 last NC's ('64, '65; '67-'73; '75) . Who will ever do that again?

It would take a great team led by a great coach to take down UCLA - just once.

Sloan could have won back-to back national titles but his '73 NC St team (27-0) was ruled ineligible for the NCAA Tournament. Sloan would leave a solid nucleus of players (i.e Lorenzo Charles) with the wolfpack that would help its next coach to win the 1983 NCAA Tournament.

At Florida, Sloan attempted to build another championship program similar to the one he had at NC State.
In 1987, Sloan took Florida to its first of three straight NCAA Tournaments('87-89) which were led by the M&M Boys "Vernon Maxwell (2400 pts) & Andrew Moten (1900+ points). In 1989, Florida would win its first ever SEC title in basketball led by a dominant front-court: 7'2 Center Dwayne Schintzius, PF Dwayne Davis and SF Livingston Chatman.

While Billy Donovan would be considered as the father of Florida Basketball, Norm Sloan could be mentioned as either the Grand-Father or grand-Uncle of Florida basketball who had two stints at Florida('60-'66; '80-'89): i.e in the 1960s, Florida had its first ever win over Adolph Rupp's Kentucky wildcats in the old "Alligator Alley aka the Florida Gym" before the O'Connell Center was later built in 1980.
===================================================================================
I'm a huge cbbal fan and was looking for this kind of answer for all conferences.

Thanks. for taking the time to do the SEC.

LOL. Yes Charles Barkley is a much better basketball player than walker or issell. The nba success shows it
Charles was a great player, I loved watching him play for Philadelphia, and Phoenix. But times are different, like how would he do in today's NBA? It is the same as even older players from the past, like the players that Bert is asking about. Who knows? 🤷‍♀️

Charles was a great player, I loved watching him play for Philadelphia, and Phoenix. But times are different, like how would he do in today's NBA? It is the same as even older players from the past, like the players that Bert is asking about. Who knows? 🤷‍♀️
Are walker or issell in the Naismith hall of fame?

Are walker or issell in the Naismith hall of fame?
Issel;

Honors[edit]​

• Issel was inducted into the Illinois Basketball Coaches Association Hall of Fame in 1973.[3]
  • In 1985, Issel received the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award.[38]
  • In 1985, Issel's jersey #44 was retired by the Denver Nuggets.[39]
  • Issel was inducted into the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame in 1987.[40]
  • In 1993, Issel was elected to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.[38][7]
  • Issel was inducted into the University of Kentucky Athletics Hall of Fame in 2005.[11]
  • In 2006, Issel was inducted into the College Basketball Hall of Fame.[41]
  • Issel was inducted into the Batavia High School Hall of Honor in 2015.[42]
  • In 2018, Issel was inducted into the Kentucky Sports Hall of Fame.[43]

But did not make this list?

Issel;

Honors[edit]​

• Issel was inducted into the Illinois Basketball Coaches Association Hall of Fame in 1973.[3]
  • In 1985, Issel received the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award.[38]
  • In 1985, Issel's jersey #44 was retired by the Denver Nuggets.[39]
  • Issel was inducted into the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame in 1987.[40]
  • In 1993, Issel was elected to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.[38][7]
  • Issel was inducted into the University of Kentucky Athletics Hall of Fame in 2005.[11]
  • In 2006, Issel was inducted into the College Basketball Hall of Fame.[41]
  • Issel was inducted into the Batavia High School Hall of Honor in 2015.[42]
  • In 2018, Issel was inducted into the Kentucky Sports Hall of Fame.[43]
But was not

How many points did Barkley score in college? I don't the answer, but we are talking about college right?
No. We are talking overall basketball player for their career. Kentucky does not have anyone at Barkley’s level. Anthony Davis I believe is only UK player on this list but he can’t seem to go 2 weeks without getting getting a paper cut and being out 6 weeks so he doesn’t really compare either

Reactions: cdbearde
No. It’s entire basketball career. Uk does not have anyone more successful in basketball form a playing stand point then Barkley. Pat Riley has been a stud in coaching and running teams though
Charles Barkley, one man, has wiped out all of Kentucky's 55 All Americans as greats. Contrast this with Auburn's 13 All Americans. 55 is greater than 13, but Auburn's Barkley out shines those additional 42 All American from UK.

Geeze if getting an All American is so easy why does Auburn only have 13?

UK's record against Auburn is 96-23, but that does not matter as Kentucky never had a player like Sir Charles. Sir Charles got jobbed by UK while he was at Auburn. Why if he was so great? Why did Kenny Walker own Sir Charles?

Then we got to poor Dan Issel Kentucky's leading scorer. He could only score 25.8 ppg during his career (2,138 for three years). His senior year he only scored 33.9 ppg. This pales in comparison with Sir Charles senior year of 15.1 ppg. Sir Charles blew Dan out of the water!

REALITY: Dan more than doubled Sir Charles' numbers yet Auburn's player is far greater than Kentucky's Issel.

Bottom line:
Only a dumbshit would believe this crap.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
pac-wooden
big 12: self
big 10-knight
acc: K, Roy, Smith
sec. Rupp & I guess Donovan?
big east: boeheim, thompson, wright
I like it. This is prob right. But you left out Calhoun for the BE. And id remove Boeheim bc only 1 natty. Did Thompson win one? Wright is prob 2nd for the BE. The BE is just so loaded with options. Pitino, Boeheim, Thompson, Massimino, etc

If you’re just going ONE BEST:

PAC - wooden
Big 12: self
B10: knight
ACC: K
Sec: Rupp
Big east: Calhoun

ADVERTISEMENT