ADVERTISEMENT

Graham Couch

I am hoping that within a few days this clown will no longer have a vote. Absolutely insane this person has a say in where teams are ranked. Shock value and being different is not part of that job description. The "hey look at me" in some people is very strong.

tenor.gif

I am hoping that within a few days this clown will no longer have a vote. Absolutely insane this person has a say in where teams are ranked. Shock value and being different is not part of that job description. The "hey look at me" in some people is very strong.
Self importance is at an all time high these days.

Self importance is at an all time high these days.
It sure is. It has been getting worse as well.

The voters reasoning for doing what he did is evidence he is not qualified to be a voter. The fact that he spelled it out in article form for everyone to see that he is infinitely unqualified to be a voter, is even more proof to get rid of this guy....and everyone like him. It does a disservice to those programs that are working their asses off to remain on top of the mountain.

Reactions: Quavarius
It sure is. It has been getting worse as well.

The voters reasoning for doing what he did is evidence he is not qualified to be a voter. The fact that he spelled it out in article form for everyone to see that he is infinitely unqualified to be a voter, is even more proof to get rid of this guy....and everyone like him. It does a disservice to those programs that are working their asses off to remain on top of the mountain.

I don't agree with all that. I read the article by Parrish at CBS and he said that Couch is a good writer who doesn't take voting lightly. Couch is just trying to make a philosophical point that he believes big time programs should schedule more true OOC road games. He even says that as soon as those teams play their first true road game (first week of January the latest) he will put them back in the poll at the spot they deserve, even if that means #1.

So in the end all he's doing is using the early completely irrelevant December top 25 poll to make a statement about scheduling and in 3 weeks his poll will look just like everyone elses.

He's still better than the voters who don't even pay attention or care about the rankings and just do it anyway. Those are the ones who should really lose their voting rights.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I don't agree with all that. I read the article by Parrish at CBS and he said that Couch is a good writer who doesn't take voting lightly. Couch is just trying to make a philosophical point that he believes big time programs should schedule more true OOC road games. He even says that as soon as those teams play their first true road game (first week of January the latest) he will put them back in the poll at the spot they deserve, even if that means #1.

So in the end all he's doing is using the early completely irrelevant December top 25 poll to make a statement about scheduling and in 3 weeks his poll will look just like everyone elses.

He's still better than the voters who don't even pay attention or care about the rankings and just do it anyway. Those are the ones who should really lose their voting rights.
That’s all well and good but did this guy that Parish defends do the job as it was asked of him or did he make up his own crap and make his vote based on it? It’s fine to make a philosophical point, when it calls for it. I hardly think this is the time for him to enact that on a vote that has nothing to do with his own self importance.

Reactions: Quavarius
That’s all well and good but did this guy that Parish defends do the job as it was asked of him or did he make up his own crap and make his vote based on it? It’s fine to make a philosophical point, when it calls for it. I hardly think this is the time for him to enact that on a vote that has nothing to do with his own self importance.

I don't agree with Couch's position, but I do believe he has the right to use his own voting criteria when making his picks. It just so happens his criteria is that he doesn't believe you can truly evaluate a team until they have played a road game. very weird criteria, but I don't think he's doing anything so insulting that he should be removed from the voting pool.

I don't agree with Couch's position, but I do believe he has the right to use his own voting criteria when making his picks. It just so happens his criteria is that he doesn't believe you can truly evaluate a team until they have played a road game. very weird criteria, but I don't think he's doing anything so insulting that he should be removed from the voting pool.

Hm, I find myself disagreeing. The voting criteria should be “which are the 25 best teams in the country?” Unless he truly believes, road games or not, that Duke and Tenn and the rest aren’t among the top 25 teams in the country, that is a misuse of his position.

Purely me me me look at me sort of stuff. Give his vote to someone else.

Reactions: ThreeTwaunMoore
the first time I ever heard of this clown was when I was looking at the ap votes and couldn’t figure out who had Kansas 12th in the nation when everyone else had us 2nd about 3 years ago. Than I looked at his voting record and he always ranks Kansas lower than teams it shouldn’t be behind (even behind teams we were ranked ahead of and beat). He is a quack and I could care less for what his grading criteria is.

Reactions: DallasJayhawk
This clown said Villanova wasn't worthy of its number one ranking midway through last season. He said that teams like MSU and Duke wouldn't lose to a team like Butler on the road, which hilariously came just after Duke lost to Boston College on the road IIRC. That was his reasoning, along with some other dumbass shit. Then Villanova dumptrucked everyone en route to a 36-4 season and a national championship. lol

The only reason he is doing this is for attention and to generate clicks on his newspaper's website. That's all journalists are judged on these days. Quality reporting and professionalism is no longer valued. His voting privileges should be stripped immediately because this clown and his agenda are diminishing (quickly) the credibility of the poll. People say rankings don't matter, and that they don't matter at this time of the year, but to many programs they do. Being ranked is a small but positive selling point to recruits that your program is having success and being noticed. Yes, this whole thing has me......
giphy.gif

Reactions: JayhawkWriter
Lots of voters vote for weird reasons. I would imagine there are voters out there who give higher rankings for blue bloods or certain schools because they like them or look at them favorably. Do they all need to have their voting rights taken away as well? IDK, maybe. This seems to be a whole lot of nothing though tbh. It is weird people are this worked up about this dude I've never heard of.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
ADVERTISEMENT