ADVERTISEMENT

Going to be very hard to watch my Cats this year

My mom, the reason I love UK as much as I do, passed away this morning from cancer. She was 55. Watching games together was what we bonded over the most, and it breaks my heart that I won’t ever get to do it again. She would have loved this group.

I’m sure a lot of you feel the way I do about this place, but it is kind of a second family to me in strange ways. And it helps me feel better to share with you fine folks.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. It would mean a great deal to me and my family. Thank you so much.

Very sorry to hear about your loss.

My mom, the reason I love UK as much as I do, passed away this morning from cancer. She was 55. Watching games together was what we bonded over the most, and it breaks my heart that I won’t ever get to do it again. She would have loved this group.

I’m sure a lot of you feel the way I do about this place, but it is kind of a second family to me in strange ways. And it helps me feel better to share with you fine folks.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. It would mean a great deal to me and my family. Thank you so much.
Prayers for you and your family.

Prayers for you and yours.

My first season without my UK lovin' father was Cal's first year at the helm.
It's a hard thing to go through, will say a prayer for you guys. It was a fun year for us fans (despite the outcome) but it was miserable not sharing that excitement with him throughout the season.

Sorry for your loss. It is tough times when you lose a parent. I'm rooting for you.

Sorry for your loss, brah.....

I feel your pain. Buried both of my parents last year; both after suffering from alzheimers. It was tough seeing my pop gradually withdraw and become disinterested in the Hoosiers....

McHoop

Hi JimboBBN, thank GOD for the time you had with your mother and all the good memories you have stored up in your mind. I wish GOD to be with you in the celebration of your mother's life.

Sorry for your loss...55 is way too young these days.

A different way to look at it is your mom will be watching in the afterlife, so you can still watch the games together.

Sorry for your loss, brah.....

I feel your pain. Buried both of my parents last year; both after suffering from alzheimers. It was tough seeing my pop gradually withdraw and become disinterested in the Hoosiers....

McHoop
Alzheimer is an evil disease. We went through that with my wife's grandma.

55 is much too young.She is not suffering now and believe with all my heart you will see once again in heaven.Prayers and condolences to you and your family

Sorry for your loss. She died way too soon. It reminded me of my dad, who started taking me to KU games when I was 8. Again, sorry for your loss.

Just wanted to drop in here and say, I am very grateful and appreciative of everyone that said a prayer or sent positive vibes my way over the past week. To say it’s been difficult is an understatement. I am very fortunate to have the support that I do, in real life and on here. You guys make this place very special to me. God bless.

Sorry to hear that. **** cancer

Just wanted to drop in here and say, I am very grateful and appreciative of everyone that said a prayer or sent positive vibes my way over the past week. To say it’s been difficult is an understatement. I am very fortunate to have the support that I do, in real life and on here. You guys make this place very special to me. God bless.
It is absolute hell loosing your mother. I lost mine 3 years ago to a drunk driver. Not a day goes by that I don’t miss her or something reminds me of her. It does get easier over time. God bless you man!

So sorry for your loss . The only thing that will comfort you is time and knowing that she knows she raised a great son who has turned out to be the person she can be proud of !! Hang in there time heals slowly but will give you grace .

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
She was never much of a football gal, but man she loved her wildcats basketball. Makes me sad just thinking about how I won’t get to talk to her about this special team.
I'm sorry, man. I should've left this alone. My apologies. Hope you're doing good, man. I really do.

Sorry to hear it Jimbo. I only pop over here briefly when basketball isnt in season so Im a day late and a dollar short. You can be sure she'll be rooting the Cats on from above with us this season.

I'm very sorry to hear this Jimbo. I pray that God will give your family comfort in this time of grief.

ADVERTISEMENT