ADVERTISEMENT

Full potato

Did you get the shot?

• Total voters
Yeah. You’re asking a question not for the sake of an answer, rather to make a point. The point you’re trying to make is kind of moot though. No?

I’m genuinely curious as to why someone so adamant that 725k covid deaths is a big number and we should be doing what we can to help that would so willingly not social distance. Where is the line drawn between what steps we should take and what steps we shouldn’t take?

COVID is so dangerous that everyone better get the vaccine but not dangerous enough to stay home from a comedy show. It’s odd mental gymnastics and my questions are trying to understand how you guys make sense of it.

I’m genuinely curious as to why someone so adamant that 725k covid deaths is a big number and we should be doing what we can to help that would so willingly not social distance. Where is the line drawn between what steps we should take and what steps we shouldn’t take?

COVID is so dangerous that everyone better get the vaccine but not dangerous enough to stay home from a comedy show. It’s odd mental gymnastics and my questions are trying to understand how you guys make sense of it.
Didn’t he hypothetically bring up the Chappelle stand up live? I don’t recall him saying he was literally not social distancing, or maybe I missed something?

It’s a valid question. Most people I know that adamant about covid spread being prevented aren’t cool with big gatherings and certainly not inside. It’s odd to see someone so passionate about the dangers and spread of COVID have no problem with an indoor comedy show.

It’s a valid question. Most people I know that adamant about covid spread being prevented aren’t cool with big gatherings and certainly not inside. It’s odd to see someone so passionate about the dangers and spread of COVID have no problem with an indoor comedy show.
Perhaps you should ask him again about his hypothetical statement. I get what you’re trying to say most definitely. Personally I try to stay as safe as possible within reason.

Perhaps you should ask him again about his hypothetical statement. I get what you’re trying to say most definitely. Personally I try to stay as safe as possible within reason.

It’s not even just hypotheticals. He said:

“Doin' my thing means living my life. To the fullest. I'm good. No hesitation to go out. If Dave Chappelle was in town I'd try to get a seat in the crowd. House parties, going to games if I got the time, getting exercise on the bike, going to the liquor store, family events, etc... I'm living it.”

That take on COVID and this rant don’t really jive together. That’s all I’m pointing out/asking about.

It's the #2 cause of death in the US and the deaths are preventable.

Pushing 725k since it strolled through not that long ago. If this virus was way down the list and that "Fact" death count was waaaaay down I'd agree with you. But since it is not....

In the mood to wait in line at the grocery behind 725k people? It's not that many. Meet you there homie. Or, maybe you can count to 725k out loud every time you log on here before you post.

I'll start for you.

1. 2. 3. 4. 5.

Now you go.

We aren't talking about farts in a month. We talking dead people. Body bags. It's not a video game where you can go get that 725k back or some shit.

They dead.”

It’s not even just hypotheticals. He said:

“Doin' my thing means living my life. To the fullest. I'm good. No hesitation to go out. If Dave Chappelle was in town I'd try to get a seat in the crowd. House parties, going to games if I got the time, getting exercise on the bike, going to the liquor store, family events, etc... I'm living it.”

That take on COVID and this rant don’t really jive together. That’s all I’m pointing out/asking about.

It's the #2 cause of death in the US and the deaths are preventable.

Pushing 725k since it strolled through not that long ago. If this virus was way down the list and that "Fact" death count was waaaaay down I'd agree with you. But since it is not....

In the mood to wait in line at the grocery behind 725k people? It's not that many. Meet you there homie. Or, maybe you can count to 725k out loud every time you log on here before you post.

I'll start for you.

1. 2. 3. 4. 5.

Now you go.

We aren't talking about farts in a month. We talking dead people. Body bags. It's not a video game where you can go get that 725k back or some shit.

They dead.”
You work in healthcare and you know the risks and what’s happened. That’s a lot of death. What do you think his answer will be?

You work in healthcare and you know the risks and what’s happened. That’s a lot of death. What do you think his answer will be?

I have no idea what it will be. I don’t think he will answer because it will be hypocritical of his other posts.

Either it’s super dangerous and we should be doing things to present the spread like wearing masks and avoiding house parties / comedy shows

Or

It’s going to run it’s course anyways and everyone who is concerned can take the measures they deem necessary. Maybe grandma shouldn’t go to the comedy show, but hopgood can. Maybe grandpa should go to the drag show, but brooky can.

The latter seems like common sense to me. And probably you too. But it contradicts the former. If Hopgood’s goal was to limit the spread as much as he could, he’d social distance. Instead he does what is convenient for him while lecturing others about 725k dead.

And don’t get me started on denying health care for unvaccinated people. That is a hilariously bad idea and slippery slope.

I have no idea what it will be. I don’t think he will answer because it will be hypocritical of his other posts.

Either it’s super dangerous and we should be doing things to present the spread like wearing masks and avoiding house parties / comedy shows

Or

It’s going to run it’s course anyways and everyone who is concerned can take the measures they deem necessary. Maybe grandma shouldn’t go to the comedy show, but hopgood can. Maybe grandpa should go to the drag show, but brooky can.

The latter seems like common sense to me. And probably you too. But it contradicts the former. If Hopgood’s goal was to limit the spread as much as he could, he’d social distance. Instead he does what is convenient for him while lecturing others about 725k dead.
Wait, so grandpa can go to the drag show?

Do think politics will change that?

It’s the new normal. 10 years ago no one gave a shit if I was a democrat or republican. Now I’d say a good 5% of the population would automatically dislike me if they knew I was republican. And to me that is wild. And not normal. But it’s the precedent being set and isn’t changing IMO.

And in my experience it’s entirely liberals automatically disliking and disowning people for voting republican. Not the other way around.

It’s the new normal. 10 years ago no one gave a shit if I was a democrat or republican. Now I’d say a good 5% of the population would automatically dislike me if they knew I was republican. And to me that is wild. And not normal. But it’s the precedent being set and isn’t changing IMO.

And in my experience it’s entirely liberals automatically disliking and disowning people for voting republican. Not the other way around.
Do you think social media has a major part to blame in this regard?

Do you think social media has a major part to blame in this regard?

Sure it’s an avenue for people to voice their opinions and realize they disagree with each other.

I was golfing with a kid I’ve been golfing with several times this year. We get along good. Nice dude. Even played two scrambled together. I don’t talk about politics with people and he made some comments about how stupid republicans are. I hope it’s not awkward for him if he comes to our Halloween party and sees my Thin Blue Line flag carving in my house.

Reactions: UL_1986
I’ve seen so many people post things like:

“You may claim to not be a racist, bigot, or sexist, but if you vote for Trump you’re saying you’re okay with all of that and therefor I have no use for you” type shit.

Just for fun wear a Joe Biden shirt one day and a MAGA hat the next and see which one gets you more hate.

I’ve seen so many people post things like:

“You may claim to not be a racist, bigot, or sexist, but if you vote for Trump you’re saying you’re okay with all of that and therefor I have no use for you” type shit.

Just for fun wear a Joe Biden shirt one day and a MAGA hat the next and see which one gets you more hate.
I think if you own a Biden shirt or a maga hat, you need to re evaluate your life.

Sure it’s an avenue for people to voice their opinions and realize they disagree with each other.

I was golfing with a kid I’ve been golfing with several times this year. We get along good. Nice dude. Even played two scrambled together. I don’t talk about politics with people and he made some comments about how stupid republicans are. I hope it’s not awkward for him if he comes to our Halloween party and sees my Thin Blue Line flag carving in my house.
Did it piss you off regarding his remark? What did you say in response? Also, I may be behind the times, and I haven’t googled yet, but what’s the thin blue line flag? Honestly don’t know.

Didn’t he hypothetically bring up the Chappelle stand up live? I don’t recall him saying he was literally not social distancing, or maybe I missed something?

AFMU asked me how long I was gonna hide in a basement. I was drinking all weekend and drinking when I responded.

Was just letting dude know I'm not in hiding, I'm living my life.

I mask up, doesn't bother me. I social distance, not an issue I'm old I stopped seeing friends on the reg a decade ago. I don't go many places but I didn't before COVID. I work at home. Spend 95% of my day with my wife. I got the jab as soon as I was eligible. I care for a couple of seniors on the weekends before I start getting sloshed so I am careful as can be to not acquire COVID and risk bringing that on to them.

I have gone to a few outdoor gatherings but it's not like there was 500 people. Under 10 people and know them well, they are vaccinated so am I. I'm getting my exercise outside every other day. Etc. Etc.

The Dave show example was a hypothetical, I'd consider attending if proof of vaccination or a negative test were required to enter, which is fair to assume would be required. If somebody sneaks in or whatever and they get the Rona and die, they dumb. My point was I'd consider going if it's something I really, really wanted to do. Confession, I probably wouldn't really wanna go. Some things sound great until it's time to go do them. I prefer the crib with the queen by my side in our pajamas watching some bullshit shows.

If clowns don't wanna jab I said on page 3 they shouldn't have to get it. I feel sorry for anybody dying on it, it's especially rough when you hear about the ones that beg for the jab right before they go under. The issue is why are they so dumb dawg? And why don't they give a shit if they pass it on to somebody else who can't get jabbed and they die? It's just a rhetorical question people gonna do what they do.

So ya know, no need to keep it serious, let's just get fired up cause our boy Exit is gonna be here with a graph of my dick or some link from wherever any minute.

Did it piss you off regarding his remark? What did you say in response? Also, I may be behind the times, and I haven’t googled yet, but what’s the thin blue line flag? Honestly don’t know.

No. Just thought it funny that he has this warped sense of what a republican is while not recognizing the friend he’s choosing to golf with is very conservative.

We’ve had family completely cut ties out our family because they found out we voted for Trump in 2016. Their daughter is gay and apparently voting for Trump meant we supported her losing her rights. Think they are able to realize how much they over-feared about they and make amends? Nope. Orange man bad. Orange man voters homophobes.

No. Just thought it funny that he has this warped sense of what a republican is while not recognizing the friend he’s choosing to golf with is very conservative.
Kinda weird to bring up on his part imo. I have conservative friends. Since he’s not a super close friend it seems, I’m guessing he has no clue on your political stance, hence your Halloween reference?

Kinda weird to bring up on his part imo. I have conservative friends. Since he’s not a super close friend it seems, I’m guessing he has no clue on your political stance, hence your Halloween reference?

We were talking about the vaccine. He asked my opinion. I said I got the vaccine but don’t really care about what others do. If it works, sweet I have it. If it doesn’t work, then it’s pretty stupid to insist other people take it. Then he made the comment about how stupid republicans are when it comes to the vaccine.

AFMU asked me how long I was gonna hide in a basement. I was drinking all weekend and drinking when I responded.

Was just letting dude know I'm not in hiding, I'm living my life.

I mask up, doesn't bother me. I social distance, not an issue I'm old I stopped seeing friends on the reg a decade ago. I don't go many places but I didn't before COVID. I work at home. Spend 95% of my day with my wife. I got the jab as soon as I was eligible. I care for a couple of seniors on the weekends before I start getting sloshed so I am careful as can be to not acquire COVID and risk bringing that on to them.

I have gone to a few outdoor gatherings but it's not like there was 500 people. Under 10 people and know them well, they are vaccinated so am I. I'm getting my exercise outside every other day. Etc. Etc.

The Dave show example was a hypothetical, I'd consider attending if proof of vaccination or a negative test were required to enter, which is fair to assume would be required. If somebody sneaks in or whatever and they get the Rona and die, they dumb. My point was I'd consider going if it's something I really, really wanted to do. Confession, I probably wouldn't really wanna go. Some things sound great until it's time to go do them. I prefer the crib with the queen by my side in our pajamas watching some bullshit shows.

If clowns don't wanna jab I said on page 3 they shouldn't have to get it. I feel sorry for anybody dying on it, it's especially rough when you hear about the ones that beg for the jab right before they go under. The issue is why are they so dumb dawg? And why don't they give a shit if they pass it on to somebody else who can't get jabbed and they die? It's just a rhetorical question people gonna do what they do.

So ya know, no need to keep it serious, let's just get fired up cause our boy Exit is gonna be here with a graph of my dick or some link from wherever any minute.
You don’t have to tell me brother. I’m the king of cancelling plans. 😂 I was listening to the radio earlier today, and they were talking about how young kids don’t get as excited about attending sporting events as they once used to. It got me thinking, I really like to catch a game, but I also like my 70” screen and a 6 pack of beer that costs the same as a shitty draft one at an arena.

You don’t have to tell me brother. I’m the king of cancelling plans. 😂 I was listening to the radio earlier today, and they were talking about how young kids don’t get as excited about attending sporting events as they once used to. It got me thinking, I really like to catch a game, but I also like my 70” screen and a 6 pack of beer that costs the same as a shitty draft one at an arena.
Oh and those home football games are some social distancing practice RollLaugh

I love the nosebleeds on the flight deck. Wife hates it so I only drag her out once a year. But it's so cool up there you can see every play unfolding that high up it's just wild not sure if you've been up there. Most people hate it. Watching kick off teams form their blocking plays is pretty crazy when it works.

But yeah once a year for me really.

I hate the Rona for the kids, they are getting robbed of some of their best times.

I love boning but we didn't make any kids. RollLaugh

• Haha
We were talking about the vaccine. He asked my opinion. I said I got the vaccine but don’t really care about what others do. If it works, sweet I have it. If it doesn’t work, then it’s pretty stupid to insist other people take it. Then he made the comment about how stupid republicans are when it comes to the vaccine.
Very strange. I don’t see the vaccine debate as a Republican Democrat thing. People desperately want it to be that narrative, but people that vote for each party still haven’t gotten the vaccine. I guess I just don’t see the correlation. Kyrie Irving is a good example.

I don’t even like wearing shirts with logos.

Next time you’re bored there’s about 100 videos out there of this stuff. If you show support for a conservative candidate or political stance you’re way more likely to come across this type of crazy shit from the left than the inverse.

This is what I mean by things won’t be normal. This is now “normal”.

Reactions: cdbearde
Next time you’re bored there’s about 100 videos out there of this stuff. If you show support for a conservative candidate or political stance you’re way more likely to come across this type of crazy shit from the left than the inverse.

I’m glad I grew up without social media in school. I also can’t believe I watched this whole video lol. Good god. I see what you mean, I’ve also seen lunatics harassing moms and their children on the way to school for wearing masks. I hope there’s a shift in mindset for the future. We seem to be digressing as whole in society. Sad really.

Reactions: toonces11

I 100% agree with this.

Speaking of clowns....you buy those stories about people begging for the vaccine on their deathbeds? 🤣

Of course you do.

Look out for those ivermectin ODs. Might trip over one.

“There’s no such thing as reverse racism!”😆

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT