ADVERTISEMENT

Evansville winless vs. MVC, 1-0 vs. SEC

A one seed for sure?

Even if you scratch that game, you have one win over a team that’s currently ranked and multiple losses to unranked teams. Doesn’t really scream guaranteed one seed.
Many teams have multiple losses to unranked teams. Take away Evansville we finish the year 27-4 conference champs. That’s a one seed

Many teams have multiple losses to unranked teams. Take away Evansville we finish the year 27-4 conference champs. That’s a one seed

Not teams in the 1 seed conversation. In fact, I think there are only two losses to unranked teams among the projected ones (and Dayton).

And I didn’t realize it was a foregone conclusion that Kentucky is going to win out. Although they certainly won’t face murderers row.

Not teams in the 1 seed conversation. In fact, I think there are only two losses to unranked teams among the projected ones (and Dayton).

And I didn’t realize it was a foregone conclusion that Kentucky is going to win out. Although they certainly won’t face murderers row.
**** you if you don’t think we are going to win out. That’s the best I have.

how many unranked teams has duke lost to? I think it’s more than one. They could lose 12 and still be in the one seed conversation.

**** you if you don’t think we are going to win out. That’s the best I have.

how many unranked teams has duke lost to? I think it’s more than one. They could lose 12 and still be in the one seed conversation.

Duke only helps to prove my point. They’re in a better league than Kentucky, have only four losses and a win over KU, and they’re not a 1 as of today.

Duke only helps to prove my point. They’re in a better league than Kentucky, have only four losses and a win over KU, and they’re not a 1 as of today.
According to who? They also only had to play FSU and Louisville once each this season, both at home.

Its because Purdue actually blows out decent teams sometimes while UK plays all of its mediocre opponents close. Purdue lays eggs all the time while UK manages to keep winning the close games.

I don't think either is a recipe for a long March run but yeah its one of the more interesting disparities between a team's record and their efficiency metrics that you"ll see.

Oh i know how it goes. Hell even Purdue in games they were getting blown out made it much closer than it was at the end. Its just not the year for computers.

According to who? They also only had to play FSU and Louisville once each this season, both at home.

I think it may have been close before Auburn lost what’s-his-name, but that tips the scale to the ACC.

Louisville is a final four contender. Florida St is a final four contender. I don’t see anyone in the SEC other than Kentucky as a legit final four contender.

Comparing the 10th place teams is pointless to me.

Last edited:
I think it may have been close before Auburn lost what’s-his-name, but that tips the scale to the ACC.

Louisville might be in a rut, but they’re still a title contender. Florida St is a final four contender. I don’t see anyone in the SEC other than Kentucky as a legit final four contender.

Comparing the 10th place teams is pointless to me.
Okoro has been practicing again and will likely be back for Auburn tomorrow. Also, if you're saying the ACC is better than the SEC, don't we have to compare the entire conference? After all, these metrics and eye tests and everything else are coming from games being played against every team. You only mention Louisville and FSU, who as I said, only played Duke once each. That's 2 conference games out of what, 20? Since NET seems to be all the rage, what would you say if I told you the average NET right now for an SEC team is 65 and for an ACC team is 69?

Okoro has been practicing again and will likely be back for Auburn tomorrow. Also, if you're saying the ACC is better than the SEC, don't we have to compare the entire conference? After all, these metrics and eye tests and everything else are coming from games being played against every team. You only mention Louisville and FSU, who as I said, only played Duke once each. That's 2 conference games out of what, 20? Since NET seems to be all the rage, what would you say if I told you the average NET right now for an SEC team is 65 and for an ACC team is 69?

What would you say if I told that you the average is influenced heavily by outliers? Give me a median score bruh

Reactions: BasketBallJunkie-UK
Just for shits and giggles I tossed out the top 3 and bottom 3 from each conference. Then you get SEC 60, ACC 73. Let's just throw out the bottom 3 and see what that does. OK... SEC 51, ACC 57.

I don't even care that the SEC looks better. I'm just glad I made you do some extra work because of what I said.

Cool story bro...you do realize UVA has owned the ACC and Louisville for the most part since Bennett was hired.

Louisville is much more likely to go back to being irrelevant than UVA is.

Not sure about your Bennett mancrush but we both agree that Louisville sucks.

ehh Virginia isn't great this year but I don't see them falling off too much, they have some good pieces coming in next season.

We shall see. I think Bennett is closer to being a Rollie Massamino than he is a K, Roy, Cal and Self.

Cool story bro...you do realize UVA has owned the ACC and Louisville for the most part since Bennett was hired.

What kind of shit you smokin.
UofL has never been irrelevant.
Before the failed uofk coach sabotaged the program, UofL was number 7 in all time wins with 10 final fours and 3 Titles.

Outside of Ralph Sampson and one Title, there is no such thing as Virginia basketball. Well except to being Duke, UNC and NC States whippin boy.

Reactions: UL_1986

I'd remind you that you declared computer rankings to be worthless. SmokinSmile

I know that Okoro will be back soon, but the damage is done. Their chances of winning the SEC were squashed.

Yes because after we got ****ed by the ncaa we still have a top 10 team. Yikes. Take a nap little dude.

What kind of shit you smokin.
UofL has never been irrelevant.
Before the failed uofk coach sabotaged the program, UofL was number 7 in all time wins with 10 final fours and 3 Titles.

Outside of Ralph Sampson and one Title, there is no such thing as Virginia basketball. Well except to being Duke, UNC and NC States whippin boy.
What a dipshit that dude is lol.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Its because Purdue actually blows out decent teams sometimes while UK plays all of its mediocre opponents close. Purdue lays eggs all the time while UK manages to keep winning the close games.

I don't think either is a recipe for a long March run but yeah its one of the more interesting disparities between a team's record and their efficiency metrics that you"ll see.

IDK I think we stand a good chance at a run. Get to the ft line a lot and we're making a good percentage. We're a grind em out team, solid defense, not relying on the 3 plus 3 dang good guards plus a solid big. I think we have as good a chance as anyone for a deep run.

It definitely doesn't. Of course it all depends what all the other teams do, but I think the ceiling for UK is a 3 (outside shot at a 2 if they were to win out with a lot of help).
I would prefer a three seed in the region with Gonzaga and San Diego State as the one and two seeds. Both are great teams that I don't have much respect for.

I do not think that the ACC is a better league than the SEC. Louisville, Duke and FSU are formidable, but who else? NC State? Miami? Georgia Tech? Come on.

UL, Duke and FSU threesome are arguably better than Auburn, UK and LSU but not by much. I think that the middle part of the SEC is better than the middle part of the ACC.

Reactions: Oneandnotdone38
IDK I think we stand a good chance at a run. Get to the ft line a lot and we're making a good percentage. We're a grind em out team, solid defense, not relying on the 3 plus 3 dang good guards plus a solid big. I think we have as good a chance as anyone for a deep run.
UK is a bad perimeter shooting team (190th in 3 point shooting and 113th in 2 point FG percentage), struggles to force TOs (283rd in D1), is bad at keeping opponents off the offensive glass (204th in D1) and your PG turns the ball over 4+ times a game.

This UK team seems to have a lot of heart, mental toughness and is excellent at the FT line. That's not enough to win a title though-you need elite guard play, great team defense and more than 1 reliable scorer.

I'm shocked that so many people have this team as a Final 4 sleeper rather than the likes of Creighton, Seton Hall or Villanova.

UK is a bad perimeter shooting team (190th in 3 point shooting and 113th in 2 point FG percentage), struggles to force TOs (283rd in D1), is bad at keeping opponents off the offensive glass (204th in D1) and your PG turns the ball over 4+ times a game.

This UK team seems to have a lot of heart, mental toughness and is excellent at the FT line. That's not enough to win a title though-you need elite guard play, great team defense and more than 1 reliable scorer.

I'm shocked that so many people have this team as a Final 4 sleeper rather than the likes of Creighton, Seton Hall or Villanova.
I would take Kentucky over all three of those teams. Of course I am biased, but I have watched UK win 5 titles and only seen one of those teams win 1.

Kentucky sucks, but try to beat them. I hope that UK gets to play Duke. 1st round, 2nd round, 3rd round, 4th round or 5th round. Hell it would be great to play them in the 6th round.

Let us see just how pitiful UK is.

I hate the rankings stat. The difference between Kentucky and being in the top 100 is 2 percentage points. I’ll say it again, 2 percentage points from being top 100.

We aren’t a great shooting team but let’s not act like 34.7 and 32.7 are really that much a difference.

You said deep run... not title You like the overall stats, check out the past 7 games. Same story every year, we improve. None of the computer rating systems account for trends, at least none that I know of.

Cal has turned Quickley loose on the 3's. Team made 11-22, IQ made 8 of them, 52% from the 2. I like where this team is headed. TO's have been a problem but that will be corrected.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT