ADVERTISEMENT

Elam Ending

I’m the OP. And my OP is referring to buzzer beaters. A game winning shot at the buzzer, IMO, is more exciting than a game winning shot in the Elam Ending.

I didn’t say a shot at 3 seconds has less of a chance of going in than a shot to hit a target score. I’m saying when you have a full shot clock the probability of scoring is undeniably higher than if you have 3 seconds to score.

Ahh, for some reason I thought IUBordan was the OP. One of my responses was for him then.

I’m not trying to change your mind. I said I’d like to see it for something like the NIT, not for all of college basketball. Thought it would be cool to make the NIT standout a little.

Ahh, for some reason I thought IUBordan was the OP. One of my responses was for him then.

I’m not trying to change your mind. I said I’d like to see it for something like the NIT, not for all of college basketball. Thought it would be cool to make the NIT standout a little.

Yeah, I don't mind stuff like that for things like the XFL or All-Star games to give them some mystique.

@hailtoyourvictor
Yep. There is no way I can show you an alternative universe where the Elam ending produced miracle after miracle ending. I guess you win. Eyeroll

Win what? You’re aware we are allowed to have different opinions on this, right?
You inundated the thread w examples of why one is better when I said how both make sense. You seem to really care about being right, even though my first post was about how both could be right.

Yes, both could be right.
One thing this Elam ending (had no idea it had a name) does help is we don’t have to watch free throw competitions in the final minute, especially in regards to the NBA.

And don’t get me wrong, buzzer beaters are the bees knees, but this style has its perks. Thing is, we may have seen the best version of it in the ASG. I’m sure it can play out pretty boringly, too.

ADVERTISEMENT