ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs Kansas game thread

Grayson Allen has a very punchabe face

0VM1FJY.gif

If Newman has another game like he's been having, I like our chances.

I like the fact both teams are going right at one another. There hasn't been any backing down.

Graham has struggled once again. He just hasn't been very good in postseason play outside of the 2nd half against WVU.

We gotta start stroking our threes like we usually do. Vick has to make them pay in the middle.

Reactions: KisteK
The difference in this game is how much Duval has outplayed Graham in the 1st half.

Graham has struggled once again. He just hasn't been very good in postseason play outside of the 2nd half against WVU.

He's done a solid job running the point so when he's not shooting well, he has to be the one to facilitate.

No reason for Graham to be racing out on Duval. Let him shoot the 3! He should never step outside of the 3pt line when guarding that guy.

Graham has given Duval the lane 4 times that half because he jumped out to challenge his 3pt shot. Duval is a 28% 3pt shooter. Show some better IQ Graham.

Looks like KU has figured out Duke’s zone. Will Coach K try some man to man in 2nd half?
I am more impressed with Kansas for taking Bagley out of the game with their defense than I am for them figuring out Duke's zone. Both teams go into the half with some adjustments to make. It may only take a slight adjustment to make the difference.

Reactions: KisteK
I am more impressed with Kansas for taking Bagley out of the game with their defense than I am for them figuring out Duke's zone. Both teams go into the half with some adjustments to make. It may only take a slight adjustment to make the difference.
Not really sure many adjustments need to be made. Just better execution. I would certainly ask Graham though why in the **** are you chasing a 28% shooter, off the 3 point line. Let him shoot that.

Is Higgins in the Witness Protection Program? Just asking cuz none of those dudes look like him.:eek:

Could be. Honestly, I haven't been looking at the officials. I know it sounds crazy but I'm more interested in what the players are doing on the floor. I'm sick & tired of hearing about all the tin foil hat conspiracy theories about officials screwing over certain teams. It's getting sad.

I really don't feel too many adjustments need to be made. All I really feel is Duke needs to make shots. Their defense is solid and on offense they had good movement they just missed a bunch of open jumpers. For KU they just have to play stronger and not hesitate. Their defense strategy is working to force Duke to beat then from deep. On offense they're getting what they want but hesitation have allowed Duke to recover and made shots difficult.

This 2nd half will be all about who executes a little better. No adjustments really needed.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Could be. Honestly, I haven't been looking at the officials. I know it sounds crazy but I'm more interested in what the players are doing on the floor. I'm sick & tired of hearing about all the tin foil hat conspiracy theories about officials screwing over certain teams. It's getting sad.
I agree Rock. Amazing how much more fun a game can be, when your not dissecting EVERY.SINGLE.CALL

ADVERTISEMENT