ADVERTISEMENT

Duke sucks

They haven't fallen off, I think they've improved, maybe not as much as the Zags and UK off but its tough to tell since they're more inconsistent. Our star freshman Paolo has hit a wall while his peers Holmgren at Gonzaga and Jabari Smith over at Auburn seem to have taken off. We've had another touted freshman Griffin step up though and he was a complete non factor when we played Gonzaga and Kentucky.

I'm not sure what some Duke fans or haters are expecting really. We were favored to beat FSU by 15 on Saturday and we ended up winning by 18. We were projected to beat UVA by 5 and we won by 4. Those are all outcomes that are fairly reasonable.

Apparently we're supposed to blow out every team in the ACC by 30 every game or something.

I really think the ACC has improved a lot as the season has gone on and terrible early season losses that conference schools had earlier in the year are dragging their computer metrics down.

I can only speak about FSU but the lines have been waaaaayyy off since our injuries. We got obliterated by BC and GT. Think about that. UNC was up on us like 30 in the first half.

I’ve been making a mint fading FSU for nearly a month now, just win after win after win. The only games in that stretch that were even remotely close in the first half were Clemson at home and Duke in Cameron. That’s not a good sign.

I think he's a complete fraud and a horrible basketball coach who has just rolled the ball out there for over 20 years now.
Funny how those that know him and his abilities have a completely different opinion than an anonymous message board poster. Shocking.

sometimes it works when you have the best players in the country year in year out, but usually only if you have a solid PG to make up for the crap coach. Just ask UNLV. Only reason they overcame Tark was because they had Greg Anthony and the only reason Duke beat them the next year is because Anthony fouled out with 10 minutes to go and Tark was exposed.

Let's look at those 3 Duke titles:

2001: Had an NBA PG and AA in Jay Williams + another NBA PG in Duhon + Boozer, Battier and Dunleavy. LOL, don't tell me Coach K needed to do anything more than roll the ball out with that group.

2010: Not as loaded as above, but had 2nd team AA at PG in Scheyer + Curry, Plumlee, Plumlee, Singler+ Smith. So another team loaded with NBA players.

2015: ok so this team only had 4 NBA guards in Grayson, Tyus Jones, Cook, Winslow + Okafur. Another team he onbly had to roll the ball out there for,
To be fair, I expect a complete analysis of every other team in the NCAA those years. I mean, I wouldnt want to just rely on your opinion.

sometimes it works when you have the best players in the country year in year out, but usually only if you have a solid PG to make up for the crap coach. Just ask UNLV. Only reason they overcame Tark was because they had Greg Anthony and the only reason Duke beat them the next year is because Anthony fouled out with 10 minutes to go and Tark was exposed.

Let's look at those 3 Duke titles:

2001: Had an NBA PG and AA in Jay Williams + another NBA PG in Duhon + Boozer, Battier and Dunleavy. LOL, don't tell me Coach K needed to do anything more than roll the ball out with that group.

2010: Not as loaded as above, but had 2nd team AA at PG in Scheyer + Curry, Plumlee, Plumlee, Singler+ Smith. So another team loaded with NBA players.

2015: ok so this team only had 4 NBA guards in Grayson, Tyus Jones, Cook, Winslow + Okafur. Another team he onbly had to roll the ball out there for,
Curry was a transfer sitting out the year in 2010, never played a minute, and if you're crediting a freshman and sophomore Plumlees with why they won the national championship you're high. They played back up minutes to Zoubek and Thomas- and Mason was injured most of the year. That to me was one of his finest years of coaching, I do believe he has taken a few steps back since but he's ****ing old.

You should look at some of the teams that were around in 2001 btw, when people used to stick around. Duke wasn't the only team with talent.

Curry was a transfer sitting out the year in 2010, never played a minute, and if you're crediting a freshman and sophomore Plumlees with why they won the national championship you're high. They played back up minutes to Zoubek and Thomas- and Mason was injured most of the year. That to me was one of his finest years of coaching, I do believe he has taken a few steps back since but he's ****ing old.

You should look at some of the teams that were around in 2001 btw, when people used to stick around. Duke wasn't the only team with talent.
There you go with facts again. That will only piss the irrational off.

It isn't that K is an asshole. They are all assholes. It is that he is such a massive sore loser at times. Nobody likes losing but there aren't many coaches who deal with it as poorly as he does.
While I agree he can be a sore loser and most Duke fans would agree that they don't like it, but he certainly does more good than bad. His good absolutely outweighs the bad.

Also, I will always take the coach that still has that fire in his stomach to win versus the one that signs Kum Ba Yah in the locker room.

Reactions: tw3301
Howard punches or real punches?
Either one.

beerfest-funny.gif

It isn't that K is an asshole. They are all assholes. It is that he is such a massive sore loser at times. Nobody likes losing but there aren't many coaches who deal with it as poorly as he does.
Kind of like Dean. A very bad sore loser. The worst.

While I agree he can be a sore loser and most Duke fans would agree that they don't like it, but he certainly does more good than bad. His good absolutely outweighs the bad.

Also, I will always take the coach that still has that fire in his stomach to win versus the one that signs Kum Ba Yah in the locker room.

Sure, but there are plenty of coaches with fire who hate losing.

ADVERTISEMENT