ADVERTISEMENT

Duke sucks

Only caught the 2nd half, Virginia seems to be playing a lot better than the beginning of the year. Griffin was clutch AF.

Reactions: UCLA_Nation
Only caught the 2nd half, Virginia seems to be playing a lot better than the beginning of the year. Griffin was clutch AF.

While that is true, I think the fact that Duke struggled this much vs. this UVA team says more about Duke than UVA.

While that is true, I think the fact that Duke struggled this much vs. this UVA team says more about Duke than UVA.
yeah i agree, the thing is Duke has proven they can beat anyone and lose to anyone. i'm not worried about Duke losing to a 1 seed in the tournament but wouldn't be surprised if a 15 or 12 seed took them out. They seem to play down and up to the competition.

I was happy with the game last night. Had a guy go off for 18 pts in the first half with 6 3 pointers and Duke was still up at the half.

One change I would make is to put Paolo on the block with Mark at times to take advantage of their height and ability over other big men. Those two guys from VA couldnt handle either one down low.

And I just love the fans of other teams who will not make the tourney saying Duke has issues. You wish you had Duke's issues.

Reactions: ceilo77
IDK, I thought Duke looked good in stretches. Some guys stepped up and hit big threes and they won a tough road game.nothing wrong with that.

Clark went off in the first half, tgen Duke shut him down.

Looked good to me. UVA needed that win last night.

Banchero is 5 for 22 in the two games against Virginia. Gardner has done a good job at bodying up PB and making him uncomfortable.

Crazy that the UVA road games isn't even a Quad 1 game (they're currently 80th). UVA may not be up to their old standards, but the way they've been playing in the last month, they're at least a top 50 team.

Reactions: jhmossy
A Duke sucks thread might be the right place to include an exchange between me and my wife this week. She's a Carolina fan, FWIW. So, we were discussing a kid in my daughter's class who is apparently two years older than everyone else.

Me: There was a girl in my HS class that was 15 when we started our senior year.
Wife: Really?
Me: Yeah. I think she skipped two grades.
Me: She actually married a Duke basketball player.
Wife: Wait. I thought she was smart.

Nice burn.

Duke sucks and still won at Virginia. Nice reverse jinx
It was torture on the eyes. But then again, it's always torture on the eyes when they play Virginia. Bennett knows how to disrupt Duke's offense. I am surprised he hasn't had more success in the win column.

Duke looked great against Kentucky and Gonzaga in the beginning of the year. Haven’t seen them as much in league play. Why have they fallen off?

The size of the average man's penis is twice the length of his thumb.
comp-1567083031.png

yep, I've (and others) have always said you learn about a person's character when they lose, not when they win.

And coach K is POS.
Aren't most great coaches assholes? Look at how Belichick, Popovich and Saban treat the media and handle any sort of criticism of their program or players.

Any specific reason why you hate K specifically?

Aren't most great coaches assholes? Look at how Belichick, Popovich and Saban treat the media and handle any sort of criticism of their program or players.

He still hasn't gotten over the 99' Duke team losing to UCONN

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Duke looked great against Kentucky and Gonzaga in the beginning of the year. Haven’t seen them as much in league play. Why have they fallen off?
They haven't fallen off, I think they've improved, maybe not as much as the Zags and UK off but its tough to tell since they're more inconsistent. Our star freshman Paolo has hit a wall while his peers Holmgren at Gonzaga and Jabari Smith over at Auburn seem to have taken off. We've had another touted freshman Griffin step up though and he was a complete non factor when we played Gonzaga and Kentucky.

I'm not sure what some Duke fans or haters are expecting really. We were favored to beat FSU by 15 on Saturday and we ended up winning by 18. We were projected to beat UVA by 5 and we won by 4. Those are all outcomes that are fairly reasonable.

Apparently we're supposed to blow out every team in the ACC by 30 every game or something.

I really think the ACC has improved a lot as the season has gone on and terrible early season losses that conference schools had earlier in the year are dragging their computer metrics down.

Reactions: ceilo77
They haven't fallen off, I think they've improved, maybe not as much as the Zags and UK off but its tough to tell since they're more inconsistent. Our star freshman Paolo has hit a wall while his peers Holmgren at Gonzaga and Jabari Smith over at Auburn seem to have taken off. We've had another touted freshman Griffin step up though and he was a complete non factor when we played Gonzaga and Kentucky.

I'm not sure what some Duke fans or haters are expecting really. We were favored to beat FSU by 15 on Saturday and we ended up winning by 18. We were projected to beat UVA by 5 and we won by 4. Those are all outcomes that are fairly reasonable.

Apparently we're supposed to blow out every team in the ACC by 30 every game or something.

I really think the ACC has improved a lot as the season has gone on and terrible early season losses that conference schools had earlier in the year are dragging their computer metrics down.
The haters dont like logic. Easy now.

He still hasn't gotten over the 99' Duke team losing to UCONN
The biggest trick the devil ever played was convincing college basketball fans he could coach after the 99 debacle.

The K in Coach K might as well stand for Keyser.

I think he's a complete fraud and a horrible basketball coach who has just rolled the ball out there for over 20 years now.

So he just rolled the ball out there to win 3 titles in the last 2 decades?
Coach K is to him what Obama was to the rightest of righties. You can just say his name and it will double his blood pressure. It doesn't bother me more than it amuses me.

So he just rolled the ball out there to win 3 titles in the last 2 decades?
sometimes it works when you have the best players in the country year in year out, but usually only if you have a solid PG to make up for the crap coach. Just ask UNLV. Only reason they overcame Tark was because they had Greg Anthony and the only reason Duke beat them the next year is because Anthony fouled out with 10 minutes to go and Tark was exposed.

Let's look at those 3 Duke titles:

2001: Had an NBA PG and AA in Jay Williams + another NBA PG in Duhon + Boozer, Battier and Dunleavy. LOL, don't tell me Coach K needed to do anything more than roll the ball out with that group.

2010: Not as loaded as above, but had 2nd team AA at PG in Scheyer + Curry, Plumlee, Plumlee, Singler+ Smith. So another team loaded with NBA players.

2015: ok so this team only had 4 NBA guards in Grayson, Tyus Jones, Cook, Winslow + Okafur. Another team he onbly had to roll the ball out there for,

ADVERTISEMENT