ADVERTISEMENT

Duke, KU and UK

I have Spectrum cable, internet and phone. It costs me $220 a month, taxes included, and about once a year I have to go to war and threaten them to keep it at that price. There is no contract.

I have all the Fox sports, all the movie channels, all the locals, three DVR's and one non-DVR boxes. My internet is 400 Mbps and the phone is free for North America and the EU. If I have problems (last month my modem went out and I had a new one in three hours) they are addressed rapidly.

All the normal shows etc and movies on the movie channels are also available "on demand". Also my wife has to have Netflix and I have Amazon Prime (which I never watch). Plus my house is wired with Cat5e so I don't have any pixelation. All the DVR's computers, TV's et.al. are wired directly except for two lap tops.

So I see little value in switching. It would cost me more to get the same. I also, with cable, get two feeds on CBS which occasionally carries different games. Money is not everything. Seeing a program on and not being able to watch it drives me crazy and it is worth $220 a month to not be crazy! Eyeroll

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I have Spectrum cable, internet and phone. It costs me $220 a month, taxes included, and about once a year I have to go to war and threaten them to keep it at that price. There is no contract.

I have all the Fox sports, all the movie channels, all the locals, three DVR's and one non-DVR boxes. My internet is 400 Mbps and the phone is free for North America and the EU. If I have problems (last month my modem went out and I had a new one in three hours) they are addressed rapidly.

All the normal shows etc and movies on the movie channels are also available "on demand". Also my wife has to have Netflix and I have Amazon Prime (which I never watch). Plus my house is wired with Cat5e so I don't have any pixelation. All the DVR's computers, TV's et.al. are wired directly except for two lap tops.

So I see little value in switching. It would cost me more to get the same. I also, with cable, get two feeds on CBS which occasionally carries different games. Money is not everything. Seeing a program on and not being able to watch it drives me crazy and it is worth $220 a month to not be crazy! Eyeroll
yeah, I'm a poor. 40 a month splitting three ways is my go to. I just care about UK games. I was going to cancel it after the basketball season, but the wife decided she's a fan.

I'm not sure it would cost you more. I pay $35/mo for YouTube TV, another $20 for Showtime and HBO, and then $100 for internet (1,000 Mbps). I actually wouldn't be able to go your route. I use chromecast for all of my TVs, and wouldn't be able to put traditional boxes on my outside TV's. Plus, it's pretty cool being able to tell Google to "play ESPN on all of the TV's" and it just happens.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I'm not sure it would cost you more. I pay $35/mo for YouTube TV, another $20 for Showtime and HBO, and then $100 for internet (1,000 Mbps). I actually wouldn't be able to go your route. I use chromecast for all of my TVs, and wouldn't be able to put traditional boxes on my outside TV's. Plus, it's pretty cool being able to tell Google to "play ESPN on all of the TV's" and it just happens.
how do only pay 35 for youtubetv?

You’re able to get sports on Hulu? I just cancelled my cable the other day and haven’t committed to anything yet. Was thinking about doing YouTube tv. Right now all we have is Netflix but I’m looking for something to add so I can watch live sports.

All of ESPN, SEC NW, major networks and other sports channels..fox etc

Plus you can record games...

all on CBS this Saturday. How did ESPN let that happen?

KU plays at 12; UK at 2 and Duke at 4.

Also the Mich St/ IU game is on Fox. It'll probably be the first Saturday I don't tune into ESPN(s) to watch a game since beginning of football season.

Reactions: Quavarius
pm me your email address and you can try it for a while, I have one account open. tbh, you can try it up until someone closer to me claims it.
I went ahead and got my own subscription but thanks again for the offer. I figured that I'd eventually want it on my own anyways so felt this was the best choice for me.

So far I'm a fan. It's weird not being able to click on an info icon to tell me what the show on the guide is about but that's not that big of a deal. Is there an easier way to go back to something you were watching instead of having to pull up the guide again and find the channel? I feel like that could be an inconvenience during the tournament but again, not that big of a deal. @sgrooms @lurkeraspect84

ADVERTISEMENT