ADVERTISEMENT

Duke -21 at Pitt?

Down 20 chanting overrated, hilarious. Justin Robinson is the best 3 point shooter we have apparently.
He is ready to shoot when they pass him the ball. Seems like Trent has to fix his makeup and adjust his hair before he finally takes the shot allowing the defense to get in his face.

Reactions: pisgah101
Speaking of jinx. I just put the reverse jinx on Trent. Talk shit about his shooting and he starts drilling them.
Drilling twos, still not shooting great from 3. Allen is now missing free throws... Wtf.

Shout out to the OP and that one poster who says Duke has no bench!

I mean this is literally the story of Duke so far. They absolutely pound shitty teams. Then they play teams with a pulse and look mediocre to bad.

Duke doesn’t lack bench depth. The Duke bench lacks confidence.

Glad the bench got to play and make significant contributions. Hope to see more Robinson in the future.
Me too and it makes me feel better going into next season as well, because Duke is going to lose a lot after this year obviously. I keep thinking each and every day that Trent will be back next year also!

Duke doesn’t lack bench depth. The Duke bench lacks confidence.

Glad the bench got to play and make significant contributions. Hope to see more Robinson in the future.
I wouldn’t mind seeing Robinson get some minutes late in games this season when we might need a 3 because he’s proven that he can make them at a pretty good percentage and he also plays pretty good defense

Down 20 chanting overrated, hilarious. Justin Robinson is the best 3 point shooter we have apparently.
I was going to post the same thing. A friend (UConn fan) and I were watching the game and we both heard the overrated chant going when Duke was up 21. I am indifferent towards Pitt fans and their program but that’s some dumb ass type stuff right there. It was almost as if they were counting the spread in to the actual score.

Reminiscent of John Henson talking smack after dunking over Miles Plumlee... when his team was down by 30.

J-Rob looks like he could merit more minutes down the season. Decent outside-shooter and he has 8 blocks in just 51 minutes. Also, as some have mentioned, Jack White was a solid contributor last night. Not feeling up a box score, be has some grit.

I was going to post the same thing. A friend (UConn fan) and I were watching the game and we both heard the overrated chant going when Duke was up 21. I am indifferent towards Pitt fans and their program but that’s some dumb ass type stuff right there. It was almost as if they were counting the spread in to the actual score.
They were chanting Bagley sucks and then when he went to the FT line, they were chanting overrated. So I don't know if they were saying that Duke was overrated or if Bagley was. Dumb either way. Not sure his name, but number 15 for Pitt is the first player I have seen ALMOST push Bagley into making a poor decision out of frustration. Dude was poking the bear pretty good. It's nice that one of your worst games you get 16 points and 15 rebounds.

Reminiscent of John Henson talking smack after dunking over Miles Plumlee... when his team was down by 30.

J-Rob looks like he could merit more minutes down the season. Decent outside-shooter and he has 8 blocks in just 51 minutes. Also, as some have mentioned, Jack White was a solid contributor last night. Not feeling up a box score, be has some grit.
His rebounding and ability to get in the passing lanes should earn White some more playing time. But we know the drill.

His rebounding and ability to get in the passing lanes should earn White some more playing time. But we know the drill.
Kinda slipped back into riding the starting 5 in the second half... Didn't really hit the bench much until 8 minutes to go.

If Justin Robinson plays like he did last night, he will see minutes. He’s actually seen more time this year than I thought he’d get for the whole year. Meaningful
minutes anyway. Jack White played well last night but I don’t expect that to last once Javin and Marques come back. Which would be too bad, He has a lot to offer that doesn’t involve getting him shots.

I will say that if coach K sees more “efforts” like he saw against State and BC, these guys are going to keep playing some minutes.

I don't see JRob shooting 3/4 from three that often, although he HAS, in the past, shown a flair for defense and blocking.

I will say that if coach K sees more “efforts” like he saw against State and BC, these guys are going to keep playing some minutes.

As should be the case. There was a day where you didn't see the floor at Duke if you didn't play defense with passion and energy. But those were the days where you weren't promised anything either. I feel like the recruiting environment today makes it necessary to make certain promises to players that you wouldn't have 5 plus years ago as a coach.

The effort also goes for offense as well. Allen has done more standing around without the ball than I have ever seen him do. In particular the State game. I know he is struggling with his shot right now, but you will never criticize a player who gives it his all and contributes in other ways. And lately we haven't gotten that from him until a little bit last night. I would like to see O'Connell be more of a focal point of the offense when he is in there. Not comparing him to Redick in any other way, but he reminds me of Redick with the way he runs around without the ball.

Reactions: Mac9192
I don't see JRob shooting 3/4 from three that often, although he HAS, in the past, shown a flair for defense and blocking.
Of course. That said, when you’re posting up Bagley or Carter, you really just need...say, 33%. Which considering how open he should be, is realistic.

Am I delusional? No. JRob is a 2* with very obvious limitations who has played in only 8 games thus far. That said, a good stretch-4 option off the deep end of the bench

Of course. That said, when you’re posting up Bagley or Carter, you really just need...say, 33%. Which considering how open he should be, is realistic.

Am I delusional? No. JRob is a 2* with very obvious limitations who has played in only 8 games thus far. That said, a good stretch-4 option off the deep end of the bench
I don’t think you are delusional at all. Robinson can shoot the ball. His teammates know it too. He shoots it with confidence as well. I am very hopeful he continues to get minutes. I really haven’t seen anything he has done that isn’t better than both Javin and Bolden.

I don’t think you are delusional at all. Robinson can shoot the ball. His teammates know it too. He shoots it with confidence as well. I am very hopeful he continues to get minutes. I really haven’t seen anything he has done that isn’t better than both Javin and Bolden.
I love the confidence. Squared up and ready to shoot for every pass on the perimeter

I love the confidence. Squared up and ready to shoot for every pass on the perimeter
That's what I see too. If shooting threes is your game, you need to be ready to shoot when you get the ball. And he is in place ready to shoot just about every time. As frustrating as Matt Jones could be, that was a good quality of his and something that is needed on this team. If Jordan Tucker was ready, this would have been his role.

Have you EVER seen a jump shooter get less elevation, though? I cannot remember ever seeing ANYONE like that. Like... ever.

Hey, he's got a great pedigree... you never know what he could be!

Have you EVER seen a jump shooter get less elevation, though? I cannot remember ever seeing ANYONE like that. Like... ever.

I see that as irrelevant, though, because he absolutely shouldn’t be shooting unless he’s wide open

Sleepy Sam! Obviously not comparing Robinson to Perkins. But Perkins rarely left the floor on his shots.

Watch Larry Bird shoot.

Reactions: LTDukeFan
Those kids are a bunch of jagoffs. They're probably the same ones that haven't shown up for any of the games this year, aside from the WVU game.

Honestly, this season can't end soon enough. I like to think of myself as a pretty hard-core supporter but even I can't stomach watching every game anymore. Stallings burnt it to the ground and the players either have no talent or no heart. And what makes it worse is that they're gonna give him another year after this one.

Reactions: denniden and tw3301
ADVERTISEMENT