ADVERTISEMENT

Duke -21 at Pitt?

gldendog

Jul 24, 2001
Really??

The team who lost at BC and at NC State their first 2 conf road games is laying 21 to a similar team?

Seriously?

Really??

The team who lost at BC and at NC State their first 2 conf road games is laying 21 to a similar team?

Seriously?
The guys that are laying the odds are not Duke fans, they are statistical analysts working for all the sportbooks. If you feel the odds are out of whack, lay down the money -- they are always happy to take your bet.

Right now, as a Duke fan, I am keeping my green in my back pocket and wait to see how the team responds to our last game.

Lost to West Virginia by only 9, but at the same time lost to Penn State by 30. They are wildly inconsistent. 21 is a lot to give though.

21 points does seem a little high, especially considering how poorly Duke has been defending. But Pitt is significantly less talented than both State and BC... and Ryan Luther, Pitt's best player, has been out with a foot injury for several weeks.

KenPom:
74. NC State
78. Boston College
180. Pittsburgh

Reactions: GE Nole
Yeah, Pitt is not good. Duke can struggle on the road against a team that is solid (anyone can). I doubt they struggle against a team like Pitt though.
We'll see. They've struggled against some bad teams this year at home. Relative to how they should of course. A 17 point win doesn't exactly look like a struggle.

I really feel like Robinson and White need to see a minute or two here and there
I think they will going forward. If K wants to play pressure D (seems he does) he can't run the legs off of the 5 starters. Pitt is garbage but should help these guys that haven't been playing get some confidence, the effort they're showing will earn PT imo.

The one thing that will change for Duke going forward from this game is that Duval’s 3FGAs will skyrocket

Reactions: Quavarius
Would be cool if Trent or Allen could ****ing shoot.

You sound like me last night. Up 30 and still frustrated over every play that isn't perfect, haha. I'm always like that during the game.

You sound like me last night. Up 30 and still frustrated over every play that isn't perfect, haha. I'm always like that during the game.
They've been missing wide open threes for the entirety of conference play outside of the 2nd half of the BC game for Trent. If Trent is a first round draft pick this year the NBA GM's are crazy.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
8 points in the second half... Also wtf did Capel do to get a technical?

ADVERTISEMENT