ADVERTISEMENT

Duke’s easy ACC schedule

Both ways my friend. Other guys seem to be bent out of shape.

Right now you guys are the ones that can dish it out but you can’t take it. Now does it go both ways, absolutely but right now it’s you guys that are bothered.

Why would I need to hide that? I started a thread that said “Texas is straight trash” haha. If I wanted to take a shot at Duke for losing to NCSU by 22 and for finding a way to choke on a 9 point lead with 75 seconds to go against a terrible Wake team and then lose by 12, well I’d just come out and say it.

Dang, when did Duke fans (aside from Devilz) get so snowflakey?
Duke fan here. So many pound their chest in November and December, then want everyone to sit around roasting marshmallows saying we will turn it around, or we get to bickering about one and dones and the lack of developing our bench, and how much of the blame should K take.

We are as dysfunctional of a fan base as anyone. Yes, I am not happy. Tired of hanging banners in November for either beating Kansas, Kentucky, or Michigan State, only to watch us regress as the year goes on.
Kentucky is the best example of a team that starts slow, but does improve as the year goes on. Whether they win it or not, they do improve.

I mean, you seemed more worried about than Duke fans! You actually started a thread about it to complain. No Duke fan has mentioned our schedule and agree that it’s lighter than normal and we explained why (which seems to be missing from these type of discussions). We get it, you hate Duke, but you can be a little objective.

Where do you get that from? Only people complaining in this thread are Duke fans. I didn't complain at all.

All that information and you felt the need to start a thread about Duke. You didn't start a thread about the league or UL or UVA or Miami who is #1, you started a thread about Duke.

I start lots of threads. I've started threads about the ACC. And UVA. I started this one because the purpose was discuss Duke's performance this season. Not sure why that's so hard to comprehend.

I start lots of threads. I've started threads about the ACC. And UVA. I started this one because the purpose was discuss Duke's performance this season. Not sure why that's so hard to comprehend.
GE Nole, they are going to be coming after you with guns blazing. FSU is the top rated ACC school.

Keep your powder dry my friend! :)

Reactions: GE Nole
Not sure. Why is that relevant? You said no one complained. I just commented that plenty of Duke fans did. We all know the unbalanced schedule favors different teams in different years. However, I'm not sure if people realize this but a four or five day tournament is also unbalanced, sometimes even more so.

The 4 or 5 day tournament is unbalanced because teams earned their balance. The regular season is unbalanced by luck of the draw. That's the key difference. One is within your team's control and one isn't.

Reactions: Mac9192 and jhmossy
Duke fan here. So many pound their chest in November and December, then want everyone to sit around roasting marshmallows saying we will turn it around, or we get to bickering about one and dones and the lack of developing our bench, and how much of the blame should K take.

We are as dysfunctional of a fan base as anyone. Yes, I am not happy. Tired of hanging banners in November for either beating Kansas, Kentucky, or Michigan State, only to watch us regress as the year goes on.
Kentucky is the best example of a team that starts slow, but does improve as the year goes on. Whether they win it or not, they do improve.

That's a great point about UK. They seem to get better and better during January and February almost every year. It's impressive.

If Louisville loses to UVA and FSU loses @ ND, then there's a 3 way tie for the ACC regular season right? Would Louisville win on the tiebreaker?

The computers still love us at least.

Three way tie between UL/Duke/FSU and FSU wins the tiebreak.

Four way tie between those three plus UVA and FSU/UVA are 1/2. After that it depends on who finishes 5th (or tied for 5th).

The 4 or 5 day tournament is unbalanced because teams earned their balance. The regular season is unbalanced by luck of the draw. That's the key difference. One is within your team's control and one isn't.

That's absurd to me. If you think the unbalanced schedule is relevant then a tournament that you say is balanced doesn't make sense because it is based on an unbalanced season. You don't even think they actually earned it. Plus, you could theoretically play only bad teams in a tournament. That's impossible in the regular season.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
That's absurd to me. If you think the unbalanced schedule is relevant then a tournament that you say is balanced doesn't make sense because it is based on an unbalanced season. You don't even think they actually earned it. Plus, you could theoretically play only bad teams in a tournament. That's impossible in the regular season.

I value the ACC Championship. That is earned in the tournament, just like a national championship is earned in a tournament. You don’t win anything for being a 1 seed in the NCAAT—just ask UVA. Tournaments are what matters.

Now, I can certainly grasp the logic that the entire season is a better indicator of the best teams. And I pick accordingly in my brackets. But it’s still not as important historically speaking as winning the tournament.

When the regular season ACC schedule ceased being a round robin, that devalued it even more in terms of “winning.”

I value the ACC Championship. That is earned in the tournament, just like a national championship is earned in a tournament. You don’t win anything

Now, I can certainly grasp the logic that the entire season is a better indicator of the best teams. And I pick accordingly in my brackets. But it’s still not as important historically speaking as winning the tournament.

When the regular season ACC schedule ceased being a round robin, that devalued it even more in terms of “winning.”

Sure, I value it for sure. I said it was how the champ is crowned but not as good of an indicator. I just also stated how the unbalanced schedule argument is silly if the implication is that the tournament is in fact balanced. That isn’t logical. The earned balance argument is unreasonable if it is based on a season one thinks is unbalanced. That’s all I meant. Both are great accomplishments.

Last edited:
This seems like a pretty dang good summary.

Keep in mind some years they have 2 guys that are pretty much lotto picks
That's a great point about UK. They seem to get better and better during January and February almost every year. It's impressive.

They play D most years. I haven't seen them play much this year at all honestly but I'm guessing they play good D this year too. I know their C is a tough ball player and that probably rubs off on the rest of the team.

Reactions: GE Nole
Sure, I value it for sure. I said it was how the champ is crowned but not as good of an indicator. I just also stated how the unbalanced schedule argument is silly if the implication is that the tournament is in fact balanced. That isn’t logical. The earned balance argument is unreasonable if it is based on a season one thinks is unbalanced. That’s all I meant. Both are great accomplishments.

Fair enough.

ADVERTISEMENT