ADVERTISEMENT

Do you like the political threads?

Do you like the political threads?

• Total voters

WojoRising

Jul 3, 2015
Just curious where the board falls. I don’t partake, but personally, I love them. I love a debate, fighting of any kind and we’ve really cultivated some awesome rivalries. I love the offseason here.

At first they’re fine. They kind of wear on me after a while, but that’s only because I post in them all summer long. Typically would like to have more self control next summer. But I don’t mind them when there’s no basketball.

Not especially.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that our daily lives are over saturated with politics though.

Plus, the dialogue sucks. Nothing substantive ever comes of the shouting matches because no one cares about context or nuance, they just want to feel like they won an argument.

I wish they got somewhere. But there does seem to be too much personal animosity and that sort of stuff to make it really as good as it could be.

they have no place on a college basketball forum, where for the most part we have some fun

I voted yes just because I couldn't justify saying no when I am a regular in those threads.

@829305 , just got back from Michael Franti. Very good show, loved how he included everyone into his show. He had like 30 children on the stage at the end. Very powerful.

Reactions: 829305
I voted yes just because I couldn't justify saying no when I am a regular in those threads.

@829305 , just got back from Michael Franti. Very good show, loved how he included everyone into his show. He had like 30 children on the stage at the end. Very powerful.

That’s awesome! He’s just the ****ing best. Saw him for first time last summer. Four more since. Took kids to most recent show and my oldest (8yo) had no one between him and MF for song “My Lord.” MF asked people to swing something around in air. He took off his Kukoc jersey and started whipping it around right in front w him. I could’ve cried. MF is always all over the place at the show. Most interactive musician I’ve ever known. And always does the kids thing at end of show. My boys were sleeping on it when it happened. Oh well. He’ll also stay after every show taking pics til everyone that wants one gets one. Just a great human. Best I’ve ever “known.”

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
I like the idea of them. But they tend to get mired down in distracted silliness and personal stuff.

then you should start a lot of political threads..............on a political forum

i put you on ignore for a few months because of all the political threads you start
i hated doing it because i enjoy talking sports with you

it's funny you voted "no" when you start more political threads then everyone else combined
It's funny that you claim you don't like them b/c they aren't fun, yet here you're starting something with theDude1.

I voted that I do like them, but the truth is that I think their presence in the off-season is important. They're actually very unenjoyable.

I voted yes, cuz I do participate sometimes. Politics and religion are the biggest troll threads ever. Nothing of any value goes into or out of them. The board is not a good example of sane discussions but chaotic fun. Nothing more, nothing less. Waiting for basketball.

It we were out having a beer, and I certainly would buy anyone on here a beer or two, but politics and religion would never be discussed. I don't care for either outside of our passive aggressive threads....

On me guys and gals

drink-beer.jpg

Reactions: treyforuk
I like them because participation is voluntary and the "sides" switch so much from basketball topics (the Duke contingent in particular is all over the spectrum). But they are flaming dumpster fires in terms of quality.

It's funny that you claim you don't like them b/c they aren't fun, yet here you're starting something with theDude1.

I voted that I do like them, but the truth is that I think their presence in the off-season is important. They're actually very unenjoyable.

me stating a fact that he voted "no" and starts more political threads then everyone else combined is not starting something "political"
you are really reaching on that one

me stating a fact that he voted "no" and starts more political threads then everyone else combined is not starting something "political"
you are really reaching on that one
I'm not reaching, but fair point on the rest.

My other response distinguished between liking these threads and participating in them.

I'm not reaching, but fair point on the rest.

My other response distinguished between liking these threads and participating in them.

sadly we all get sucked into them every now -n- then, myself included

They get annoying but I find them interesting and give me a chance to rant on some topic I’ll forget about in a week.

There have been some classic fan base offseason threads in this board’s history though. The Duke vs Kentucky and Kentucky vs Tennessee offseason threads almost led to bloodshed.

They get annoying but I find them interesting and give me a chance to rant on some topic I’ll forget about in a week.

There have been some classic fan base offseason threads in this board’s history though. The Duke vs Kentucky and Kentucky vs Tennessee offseason threads almost led to bloodshed.
No Duke vs Tennessee threads?

Weird.

No, this is supposed to be a college basketball board and they take up too much space. There are probably plenty of message boards online dedicated to politics where people care about your opinion. Not here.

ADVERTISEMENT