ADVERTISEMENT

Do the ACC teams have an advantage?

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
I keep seeing these great ACC match ups week after week. Do all these tough games give an ACC team a leg up at tourney time? I think it does and btw, thanks for giving us fans some great CBB to watch during the season.

Maybe. The great SEC matchups in football didn’t necessarily help Bama.

Reactions: kl40504
I keep seeing these great ACC match ups week after week. Do all these tough games give an ACC team a leg up at tourney time? I think it does and btw, thanks for giving us fans some great CBB to watch during the season.

It’s certainly great to be tested each week so that when you get to the tournament it’s not a big shock. But you can also arrive to the tournament beat up, as well!

Reactions: kl40504 and jhmossy
It’s certainly great to be tested each week so that when you get to the tournament it’s not a big shock. But you can also arrive to the tournament beat up, as well!
I hadn't thought about it like that. It could be a mental grind and you could find yourselves exhausted.

Last edited:
I hadn't thought about it like that. I could be a mental grind and you could find yourselves exhausted.
Some would say this is why Roy shits the bed in the ACCT. He cares more about the real tournament. Whether or not it’s true, he does lay some eggs come the ACCT, or so it seems.

Some would say this is why Roy shits the bed in the ACCT. He cares more about the real tournament. Whether or not it’s true, he does lay some eggs come the ACCT, or so it seems.

We have fans who want us to lose early in the ACC tournament simply because it doesn’t matter as much as the ncaa tournament. I’m not sure if the two are really linked but it’s hard for me to want to lose any game.

Reactions: 829305
Man, I hope your boys make a run to the FF. You’ve had to play out this joke too long, and you’ve been a great sport. Go Hoos!
I agree, that had to suck in the worst possible way. They play great team BB and they are Orange, what's more to like?

Reactions: 829305 and jhmossy
Man, I hope your boys make a run to the FF. You’ve had to play out this joke too long, and you’ve been a great sport. Go Hoos!

A FF or even championship doesn’t erase what happened. But man I wouldn’t give a shit about UMBC if we win it all this year. Hell I’ll take another loss to a 16-seed next year if we win it all this year.

I think the simple answer would be yes. It also helps that the ACC has a wide variety of styles and great coaches, as it prepares you for the kind of variances you might see in the NCAAT.

But ACC teams also perform well in the NCAAT because they are just good teams.

I think a less talked about, but equally valuable part of the equation is that recruits want to play in big games against great competition. Even if the ACC showdowns that happen multiple times a week don’t help with performance in that specific year’s NCAAT, they certainly help attract more great talent that over the long term surely helps with NCAAT performance.

I think the simple answer would be yes. It also helps that the ACC has a wide variety of styles and great coaches, as it prepares you for the kind of variances you might see in the NCAAT.

I think a less talked about, but equally valuable part of the equation is that recruits want to play in big games against great competition. Even if the ACC showdowns that happen multiple times a week don’t help with performance in that specific year’s NCAAT, they certainly help attract more great talent that over the long term surely helps with NCAAT performance.

Yep. You see it all. I don’t follow other leagues, but I bet you won’t find one that has as many different styles of play as the ACC.

Kinda like the SEC in CFB.

ADVERTISEMENT