ADVERTISEMENT

Do Gonzaga's Mark Few & Baylor's Scott Drew Stay With Their Programs For Many More Years?

Do Gonzaga's Mark Few & Baylor's Scott Drew Stay With Their Programs For Many More Years?

• Yes, Both Do

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Just Few

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Just Drew

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Neither Do

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I doubt Mark Few ever leaves Gonzaga unless he wants a shot at the NBA. He rarely entertains even the top openings. He grew up outside Eugene and went to UO and at least entertained that position when it opened up in 2010 but ultimately didn't take it. If he can compete for championships at Gonzaga, which he can, he's not leaving.

I have no read on Scott Drew so I won't comment.

Reactions: ozfrog
Drew is far more likely to leave but it doesn’t seem like the top schools like Drew. I think drew is still vastly underrated by a lot of people. Seems he rubs a lot people wrong as well

Reactions: ozfrog
Nah. Both will stay. They've been at their schools forever. Both are modern day powerhouse. They will each win a NC each at their schools soon.
They'd be nuts to leave what they've built.
Few already shunned away jobs over the yrs. I recall USC and UCLA went after him yrs ago. He would've been gone by now. I've seen UNC fans giddy about gettin him.
No way. Not a good match. Thats way out on the east coast. Hes from the Pacific NW.
Drew had job offers in the past but has remained at Baylor.
Why leave?

I doubt either leave...I had a baseball series a few years ago at Louisville. Dan McDonnell, UL baseball coach was being rumored to the opening at Miss St. We had a 2 hour weather delay...Dan comes in the locker room and we are talking about PPD the game....I asked him---Hey Dan, you leaving this great place man? He's like, Why would I? I am competing at the highest level here.

Same with Drew and Few. They are competing with the best where they are...

Why leave?

I doubt either leave...I had a baseball series a few years ago at Louisville. Dan McDonnell, UL baseball coach was being rumored to the opening at Miss St. We had a 2 hour weather delay...Dan comes in the locker room and we are talking about PPD the game....I asked him---Hey Dan, you leaving this great place man? He's like, Why would I? I am competing at the highest level here.

Same with Drew and Few. They are competing with the best where they are...

Why leave?

I wouldn't expect Few to leave, but I'm not sure there'd be no advantage at a few places. They're at the top at the moment, and are on an uptick in recruiting, but will they sustain that level and be up there every year? How have they had such a sudden and dramatic boost in recruiting? Not to mention it has to be dead boring to play teams like Pepperdine and Santa Clara all year. Plus the time zone issue. And money.

Drew's situation is weird. He was the butt of jokes for years and drastically underappreciated. Now, all of a sudden, he's being treated like a top 2-3 coach in the game. Little overboard all around. I don't know that we can expect a perennial monster. They weren't very strong for a few seasons prior to last year. He's not going to have 4-5 guards that shoot 40+ from three every year. It's not like he suddenly started getting talent. In terms of class rankings, he was getting more talent in the past. This roster just came together perfectly, and at the right time, when other top programs are down.

But stealing Beard's no-middle defense last year is paying off so far. We'll see if it leads to a perennial power.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I wouldn't expect Few to leave, but I'm not sure there'd be no advantage at a few places. They're at the top at the moment, and are on an uptick in recruiting, but will they sustain that level and be up there every year? How have they had such a sudden and dramatic boost in recruiting? Not to mention it has to be dead boring to play teams like Pepperdine and Santa Clara all year. Plus the time zone issue. And money.

Drew's situation is weird. He was the butt of jokes for years and drastically underappreciated. Now, all of a sudden, he's being treated like a top 2-3 coach in the game. Little overboard all around. I don't know that we can expect a perennial monster. They weren't very strong for a few seasons prior to last year. He's not going to have 4-5 guards that shoot 40+ from three every year. It's not like he suddenly started getting talent. In terms of class rankings, he was getting more talent in the past. This roster just came together perfectly, and at the right time, when other top programs are down.

But stealing Beard's no-middle defense last year is paying off so far. We'll see if it leads to a perennial power.
Scott drew is far better than anyone has given him credit for. Just getting Baylor into the Tourney after the situation he walked into there is phenomenal

Don't see Few leaving. He has built Gonzaga into a powerhouse. I could see Drew ending up somewhere else down the line though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT