ADVERTISEMENT

Division 2 Elite Eight

PA_Panther

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2010
Anyone been paying attention to the Division II tournament? With Pitt falling off a STEEP cliff and IUP being very close to where I live and a D2 powerhouse, I’ve been paying more attention these past few years and it is cool season kids actually stay at their schools and develop.

It really reminds me of before the one and done BS from the NBA And the level of play is pretty high.

My Ferris State Bulldogs won the DII basketball natty in 2018 and football in 2021. But no I don’t follow.

This post really hammers home just how sorry I am about saddling you with Jeff Capel. I feel terrible about it.

Anyone been paying attention to the Division II tournament? With Pitt falling off a STEEP cliff and IUP being very close to where I live and a D2 powerhouse, I’ve been paying more attention these past few years and it is cool season kids actually stay at their schools and develop.

It really reminds me of before the one and done BS from the NBA And the level of play is pretty high.
I used to follow D2 a ton-----Attended USI when we were runner-up/national champs...PLus, I worked D2 basketball for quite some time....Back when I was in college, the GLVC was an absolute monster in D2..

This post really hammers home just how sorry I am about saddling you with Jeff Capel. I feel terrible about it.
To make it worse IUPs coach is a former Jamie Dixon assistant. He has had numerous former players who played under Dixon join his staff and after a year or two they end up with a nice D1 assistant jobs.

Reactions: WojoRising
To make it worse IUPs coach is a former Jamie Dixon assistant. He has had numerous former players who played under Dixon join his staff and after a year or two they end up with a nice D1 assistant jobs.
Not to derail the thread, but I really am shocked how bad it’s been. I didn’t want Capel as the Duke coach, that’s for sure - but I figured he’d recruit very well, miss the tourney some years, make the S16 others, rinse and repeat for Pitt. As a Northeasterner who has so many fond memories of those late 2000’s, early 2010’s Big East years I was looking forward to Pitt being back, even if it was a step down from those top 10 teams.

Not to derail the thread, but I really am shocked how bad it’s been. I didn’t want Capel as the Duke coach, that’s for sure - but I figured he’d recruit very well, miss the tourney some years, make the S16 others, rinse and repeat for Pitt. As a Northeasterner who has so many fond memories of those late 2000’s, early 2010’s Big East years I was looking forward to Pitt being back, even if it was a step down from those top 10 teams.
See that’s the thing he’s actually recruited decent.
Justin Chanpaigne (NBA)
Aduise Toney (Starter at Arkansas)
Xavier Johnson ( Starting PG at Indiana)
Trey McGowens ( Starter at Nebraska)
Hugely 4 star probably going to transfer
William Jeffress who he had reclass 4star to young.

His problem is there is zero attention to detail. Far too many times players are screening air, not setting up screens or the timing of the screens are off and are pointless.

His staff is a bunch of failed head ex coaches who outside of Andy O’Toole are about as useless as a condom with a hole in it. His brother is supposed to be coaching the big men and next time one of these dudes set a screen and roll to the basket currently will be the first.

This guy is so far over his head in what needs done versus what he does. As a human though seems like a great guy so he has that going for him.

ADVERTISEMENT