ADVERTISEMENT

Did Steph not play AAU one summer?

Jul 6, 2007
I always thought this was a true story but not finding much on the internets to verify. Asking because I told my 3rd grader we weren't going to do summer AAU and used Steph as a reason why. "If Steph can skip it in high school, you can skip 3rd grade." Anyone who does travel baseball knows that's more than enough for the summer, and that's where we'll be. Anyway, wanted a link to send him, but like I said, no luck. Any help? Or did I lie to him? If the latter, no worries. I have zero issue gaslighting my 9-year old.

I always thought this was a true story but not finding much on the internets to verify. Asking because I told my 3rd grader we weren't going to do summer AAU and used Steph as a reason why. "If Steph can skip it in high school, you can skip 3rd grade." Anyone who does travel baseball knows that's more than enough for the summer, and that's where we'll be. Anyway, wanted a link to send him, but like I said, no luck. Any help? Or did I lie to him? If the latter, no worries. I have zero issue gaslighting my 9-year old.
You should tell him to forget baseball and send him to football camps instead......

You should tell him to forget baseball and send him to football camps instead......
Loves football. Plays flag and has cried about not being allowed to play tackle. Told him when he's in 6th grade. At that point I plan to hurt his feelings again and tell him high school, which will be the truth. Just buying myself some time. ;)

My unsolicited two cents: the longer you wait to put the kid in football, the more likely he is to get hurt playing football. I’d say get them in tackle football young when they’re all slow and uncoordinated and can’t hit each other hard enough to cause concussions if they wanted to.

ADVERTISEMENT