ADVERTISEMENT

Did Huber Davis get lucky with Roy Williams players.

How much does coaching play a part compared to recruiting and rolling the ball out there?

Possibly. Hubert's recruiting has been mixed so far. GG looks like a rock star but Wilcher is falling pretty swiftly. He hit with Manek but Garcia and McKoy not so much. Jury is still out on the guys coming in this year of course. The talent he won with last year even outside of Manek he did help recruit though. The bigger question about Hubert is if their run through the tourney was more just everyone playing well at once or the team finally buying in.

Scheyer has way better players than Hubert did though so it will be tough to tell with him until later in the season when they are consistently challenged week to week (or maybe even until the tournament if the ACC is garbage again).

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I’m honestly thinking he did but am not going to stand on a table to defend that stance yet. They were really bad this year for a relatively experienced team up until the last month or so. Now he deserves credit for getting them improved.

It remains to be seen to be honest.

I’m honestly thinking he did but am not going to stand on a table to defend that stance yet. They were really bad this year for a relatively experienced team up until the last month or so. Now he deserves credit for getting them improved.

It remains to be seen to be honest.
Roy’s boys (at Carolina) nearly always peaked in February/March. Hubert did the same, and some. RIP, Coach K.

Everyone who wins a title (or comes close) gets lucky. Obviously Davis got lucky, but so did every other coach who accomplished stuff this year.

Duke is not in the same position as the other teams you mentioned, because K announced his retirement well ahead of time. We didn’t get players who thought they would be coached by K and then ended up playing for a replacement, so it’s not really the same… Scheyer built this team.

If Duke makes the Elite Eight that’s a real success. So much of winning and losing in the tourney is sheer luck and the tiniest differences… a few different grips on the ball, a little too much or too little strength on a shot, and win a win turns to a loss or a loss turns to a win.

Reactions: Brucepg2000
We didn’t get players who thought they would be coached by K and then ended up playing for a replacement, so it’s not really the same… Scheyer built this team.
I'd say that worked out ok, landing 3 of the top 4 ranked high school players in country along with 2 more in the top 25 range, as well as a handful of experienced grad transfers. Very few, if any, teams will be able to match their starting 5 strictly from a talent standpoint. Of course the one weak link may be the most important one, PG, although Roach is definitely serviceable and has experience. Maybe Proctor can be an upgrade there at some point?

I'd say that worked out ok, landing 3 of the top 4 ranked high school players in country along with 2 more in the top 25 range, as well as a handful of experienced grad transfers. Very few, if any, teams will be able to match their starting 5 strictly from a talent standpoint. Of course the one weak link may be the most important one, PG, although Roach is definitely serviceable and has experience. Maybe Proctor can be an upgrade there at some point?
They had one of the most talented teams we’ve seen last year. Good thing big brother don’t care. 😉

They had one of the most talented teams we’ve seen last year. Good thing big brother don’t care. 😉
Typical, building yourselves up because you won a game over Duke. You Hole fans talk shyt about Duke until the actual game and then if you beat them they are then somehow the greatest team ever assembled and you beat them and K. Amusing. AWill, in 1,2,3

Typical, building yourselves up because you won a game over Duke. You Hole fans talk shyt about Duke until the actual game and then if you beat them they are then somehow the greatest team ever assembled and you beat them and K. Amusing. AWill, in 1,2,3
RIP K

(twice, bioooootch!!)

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
I mean, they didn't just beat Duke. They beat them in the Holy Day of K game and in the Final Four and went to the Title game. So yeah, those are decent reasons to talk well about one's team, lol.
Gave up the biggest lead ever in the NC game and got your ass handed to you, but still worried about Duke. Love it. Btw, Duke still exists and so does Afam u. There will be more games.

Gave up the biggest lead ever in the NC game and got your ass handed to you, but still worried about Duke. Love it. Btw, Duke still exists and so does Afam u. There will be more games.

On the way way UNC made duke/you their bitches. They got you on your dads biggest day and ended your season a few weeks later. UNC will always have the upper hand in this rivalry, something you have to deal with. This duke team had 4 first round picks and you lost the last 2 games to your rival but that’s not a big deal. I guess 4 first round picks were the highlight of your season because UNC wrecked was left it.

On the way way UNC made duke/you their bitches. They got you on your dads biggest day and ended your season a few weeks later. UNC will always have the upper hand in this rivalry, something you have to deal with. This duke team had 4 first round picks and you lost the last 2 games to your rival but that’s not a big deal. I guess 4 first round picks were the highlight of your season because UNC wrecked was left it.
And there will be more rivalry games. The rivalry is not over. Yep 4 first round picks. All OAD. And no, it isn’t a big deal. Well, it is to Afam u fans. Due to the ass kicking in the final beating Duke is all you have.

And there will be more rivalry games. The rivalry is not over. Yep 4 first round picks. All OAD. And no, it isn’t a big deal. Well, it is to Afam u fans. Due to the ass kicking in the final beating Duke is all you have.

You’re right it’s big deal to you. You’re a fan.

Sorry. Wrong. It is obviously a much bigger deal to Cheater U fans after the final embarrassment.

The final embarrassment was handing duke/your pops his last 2 L’s. Don’t downplay it, that hurt your sensitive ass to the core.

The final embarrassment was handing duke/your pops his last 2 L’s. Don’t downplay it, that hurt your sensitive ass to the core.
You make me laugh. How long have you been reading minds of people you have never met.

Actually, well, it was two......Just sayn'.......

Oh, and yeah, I mean one of those wins happen to come in the NAtional Semi-finals....

And yes I know-----Indiana sucks.

100% it did......And TBH, it would have bothered/pissed me off as well. I mean I would have hated to lose to Purdue on say KNights last ever game at AH, THEN...........lose to the ****ers in the FF. Lucky for me, I never had to worry about playing PU in the FF.... 😁 🤣 🥴

And yes I know-----Indiana sucks.

giphy.gif

He got lucky in general. Brady Manek ended up being a lightning in a bottle scenario (he wasn't even starting until Dawson imploded).

The 3% from Love and Davis will likely not be replicated from mid-season with both 45% before they tailed off.

Defense did improve remarkably all year, so that could be on Davis (or that they were making baskets that if missed would have led to possibly a lot of run outs).

I don think PG will be the weak point… I think inexperience and youth will be. And I have yet to see a team totally overcome that.

100% it did......And TBH, it would have bothered/pissed me off as well. I mean I would have hated to lose to Purdue on say KNights last ever game at AH, THEN...........lose to the ****ers in the FF. Lucky for me, I never had to worry about playing PU in the FF.... 😁 🤣 🥴
Lost 13 of the last 15 to Purdue, hasn’t had a winning conference record in 6 fvcking seasons and still taking shots. Unbelievable stuff honestly

Reactions: Villian07
You mad?

Nope. Just facts. UNc fans are a lot more concerned with Duke than Duke fans are with Afam U.

No, you're more concerned with UNC, the receipts are here, on this board. I gotta say those 2 L's UNC hung on you got you real bad. If anything UNC fans are laughing at you and as always you can't stand it.

No, you're more concerned with UNC, the receipts are here, on this board. I gotta say those 2 L's UNC hung on you got you real bad. If anything UNC fans are laughing at you and as always you can't stand it.
I comment less on here now than I ever have. New era for Duke. I think Scheyer will be great. And any loss to the cheaters is bad in my book. Those two are just like any other. Still surprised you haven’t used your talents on the lottery.

I comment less on here now than I ever have. New era for Duke. I think Scheyer will be great. And any loss to the cheaters is bad in my book. Those two are just like any other. Still surprised you haven’t used your talents on the lottery.

Those 2 losses especially the last one are not like any other. And you're probably thinking that your dad may do a 180 and unretire huh?

Those 2 losses especially the last one are not like any other. And you're probably thinking that your dad may do a 180 and unretire huh?
Obviously they aren't to the AFAM U fans, but are to Duke fans. And no. Happy with Scheyer and K needed to hang em up.

Obviously they aren't to the AFAM U fans, but are to Duke fans. And no. Happy with Scheyer and K needed to hang em up.

You may have something there. I mean you did win draft night so that may have taken some of the sting away from those last 2 L's UNC hung on you. I will say you guys always dominate the off season, boss moves I tell ya.

Lost 13 of the last 15 to Purdue, hasn’t had a winning conference record in 6 fvcking seasons and still taking shots. Unbelievable stuff honestly
I mean, facts are facts, no matter how bad IU has been. Sorry that hurts your feelings there Nancy...

And **** lets be honest, Purdue's fortunate IU didn't ****'em sweep them this year.....

And even more honest.....You guys once again choked in the NCAAT. Solid path to the FF, and you lose to a catholic church league team... 🤣

Lets talk some shit, brother....I'm in the mood for it.

You may have something there. I mean you did win draft night so that may have taken some of the sting away from those last 2 L's UNC hung on you. I will say you guys always dominate the off season, boss moves I tell ya.
Yeah, those 5 Nc’s show that. And how many Acc championships again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT