ADVERTISEMENT

Could Coach K Replicate

So you are the one with the ACTUAL proof. Cool. Let’s see it.
Just a question....Do you think no Duke players were paid? Even though kids at places like NC State, Seton Hall, LSU, etc, etc....did get paid. You believe a kid like Zion passed up hundreds of thousands dollars, to play for free? I mean maybe he did. But what about Barrett....Carter, so on and so on.

No proof doesn't mean innocence. It just means no proof.

Just a question....Do you think no Duke players were paid? Even though kids at places like NC State, Seton Hall, LSU, etc, etc....did get paid. You believe a kid like Zion passed up hundreds of thousands dollars, to play for free? I mean maybe he did. But what about Barrett....Carter, so on and so on.

Yeap, I want to see the proof.

I do not. Until someone proves otherwise.

Remember K Irvin one and done at duke no explanation on the jewelry he bought when at duke saying something like somebody lent or gave him the money to buy it..Totally sweep under the table coach k had no idea or comment.

I do not. Until someone proves otherwise.
LinearOfficialKudu-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I guess a better question would be.., how many current/future HOF coaches could replicate/come close to their success at a much smaller school with much smaller resources?

Take a traditional bottom of the barrell P5 school and let them go to work. The homer in me, and the coach I'm most knowledgeable with is Calipari with UMASS and Memphis. Roy coached at KU and UNC (both established), K with Duke(semi-established) and Army, not familiar with others off the top of my head. Pitino with Providence (FF)

*I was reminded of this thread yesterday when Calipari said "if you want to win a title as a coach, get the UK job, 5 coaches won a title here". Meaning, It's not as hard when you have all the resources in the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Random UK Fan
No one has any “proof” but my 5 year old can connect the dots to know at the very least bagley(family) was paid and most likely Zion as well being as his father was “shopping around” during his recruitment. But hey I guess if u don’t get caught u didn’t do it.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
No one has any “proof” but my 5 year old can connect the dots to know at the very least bagley(family) was paid and most likely Zion as well being as his father was “shopping around” during his recruitment. But hey I guess if u don’t get caught u didn’t do it.

Huh? Bagley's dad was paid by Nike because he ran the AAU program. There is nothing illegal about that and all AAU coaches are paid to run their programs. IF you want to argue how much he was paid, that's a different argument.

2nd, perhaps Zion's parents were shopping him around, but it definitely looks like the FBI may have scarred them away from continuing to shop him around. So, it's very reasonable that Zion went to Duke without being paid. Remember, the FBI investigation was announced in September of 2017 and Zion didn't announce Duke until January of 2018. It would make sense that the FBI investigation scarred off the Williamson's and decided to go to the school that would help him fulfill his dreams. I think that worked out for him pretty well.

What dots exactly. Lot of assuming and innuendo in your post, but that is it.

So you are the one with the ACTUAL proof. Cool. Let’s see it.
What actual proof do you have, that UNC cheated? I mean the NCAA said otherwise. So, I mean, you have something they don't? If so, they'd probably appreciate you sharing.Laughing

What actual proof do you have, that UNC cheated? I mean the NCAA said otherwise. So, I mean, you have something they don't? If so, they'd probably appreciate you sharing.Laughing

IU, I like you as a poster but really? Are you asking for proof that UNC cheated? They even admitted they cheated and the two things that saved them were the classes were open to all students and the NCAA cannot tell a university how to teach kids. No proof was needed because it boiled down to the NCAA not being about to make rulings on this.

The NCAA did not say they didn't offer fake classes to keep athletes eligible, if they did, why did UNC have to spend millions of dollars fighting.

I think things like paying kids and changing eligibility, proof is 100% needed.

IU, I like you as a poster but really? Are you asking for proof that UNC cheated? They even admitted they cheated and the two things that saved them were the classes were open to all students and the NCAA cannot tell a university how to teach kids. No proof was needed because it boiled down to the NCAA not being about to make rulings on this.

The NCAA did not say they didn't offer fake classes to keep athletes eligible, if they did, why did UNC have to spend millions of dollars fighting.

If I did not have to go to class I could have many degrees. Dang, I should have gone to UNC.

Reactions: silkcitypirate

I missed that part.

I missed that part.

Oh yeah, Roy Williams even said so. In fact, after the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) quoted him, he said he didn't mean it exactly how he said it and refuted the quote. Seems as if Williams changed his knowledge of the classes a few times.

There wasn't much the NCAA could really do except for drag out the investigation, they couldn't really punish them regardless.

ADVERTISEMENT