ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats on the Big 12 Title KState, but your seasons over...

So, the same group, with less experience, beat Kentucky and reached the elite 8, but they have no shot vs UC Irvine?

Reactions: KStateFootball82
It is turning into a game that so many people will pick as an upset, I probably will go the other way. K state beat Irvine 71-49 last season and these teams are essentially the same this year in terms of personnel (sans Wade).

Man, I really feel for the kid. You know he dreamed of playing in this year’s tourney all year after missing last years. Wow.

Reactions: KisteK
I picked against KSU last year when it came out Wade wasn't going to play and then they go to the friggin Elite 8 and take out Kentucky along the way. They are not a 1 man show and they have players who can pickup the slack, they had two Big XII tournament games and a week of practice to figure out how to play without him.

That said UCI is good, they rolled like no other team through their conference tournament winning by an average of 18+ points and are red hot riding a 16 game winning streak.

I think I will pick KSU for my bracket but will not put money on the game.

Considering we made our elite 8 run last year entirely without Dean (beating Creighton, UMBC and Kentucky), I’ll take our chances to at least get to UVA. Then, we will get curb stomped.

I picked against KSU last year when it came out Wade wasn't going to play and then they go to the friggin Elite 8 and take out Kentucky along the way. They are not a 1 man show and they have players who can pickup the slack, they had two Big XII tournament games and a week of practice to figure out how to play without him.

That said UCI is good, they rolled like no other team through their conference tournament winning by an average of 18+ points and are red hot riding a 16 game winning streak.

I think I will pick KSU for my bracket but will not put money on the game.

He played like 5 min against Kentucky the whole tourney last year.

He may show up randomly in the second weekend again this year.

It is turning into a game that so many people will pick as an upset, I probably will go the other way. K state beat Irvine 71-49 last season and these teams are essentially the same this year in terms of personnel (sans Wade).
Never forget to factor in pressure. There was no pressure last time they played. Doesn’t mean they’ll lose, but sometimes that hoop becomes real small when all the pressure is on you.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
Never forget to factor in pressure. There was no pressure last time they played. Doesn’t mean they’ll lose, but sometimes that hoop becomes real small when all the pressure is on you.
I stuck with Irvine. You're right, this is way different than a game in November. I like some of Irvine's metrics even though the big west was trash this year

Reactions: Turinturumbar
Shameless bump

giphy.gif

The real Big12 champions won today, just sayin.

You talking about the Jayhawks with all their players? We played yesterday

I thought you were going to be a Iowa St fan other than TTU and KSU they are the only people that won anything this season.

I thought you were going to be a Iowa St fan other than TTU and KSU they are the only people that won anything this season.
Oh...we are 26-9 and its been a cripplingly terrible season. Things did not go our way and if we somehow play very well, we will give auburn a game.

ADVERTISEMENT