ADVERTISEMENT

Champions Classic will be offical start to 2018-19 season

I like it. Duke has some success in Indy. Hopefully it continues.
Mostly post season, not exactly thrilled about an extremely young team playing their first game against a veteran UK squad that also contains stud freshmen.

Cal is gonna need to convince all of them to stay Laughing

A few are definitely gone. The rest, ehhhhhh.

Gabriel might leave and take overseas money too. It’s too soon to tell.

Does anyone else feel like the Champions Classic should rotate teams?

I don't but curios to others thoughts.

Mostly post season, not exactly thrilled about an extremely young team playing their first game against a veteran UK squad that also contains stud freshmen.

Stud freshman? Who? UK is like 1-91 in the last 2 classes in that category.

I think UK and Duke are tied for first in the all time Champions classic standings. The winner of the next game will be for the all out leader.

Thinking KU should be absolutely loaded with veterans/a really good class. I imagine MSU loses alot this year. I see that have a solid class, but not sure big instant impact guys. I love the Champions Classic!

Reactions: KisteK
They may come back or Calipari may rush them off to the NBA. Then say what a great day for the program it us
Outside of 14-15 UK has had players leave early that shouldn’t, this year might not be an exception. Knox, Diallo, and Richards are gone. Alexander looks more and more like a one and done. Vanderbilt is likely gone and SKJ may transfer.

Calipari is all about getting these guys to the NBA, and a lot of our fan base is starting to get burned out. Tired of high roster turnover and youth.

Duke will win

Does anyone else feel like the Champions Classic should rotate teams?

I don't but curios to others thoughts.

These four usually recruit well enough to keep these games somewhat competitive and interesting.
I do think UNC and UCLA could potentially bring in just as many eyeballs, tho.

wouldn't mind if they rotated 6, play two years, next year off type..

I'd like it if the power 6 had an annual early season invitational where the previous year's conf champs battled head to head.

Reactions: duke4life831
These four usually recruit well enough to keep these games somewhat competitive and interesting.
I do think UNC and UCLA could potentially bring in just as many eyeballs, tho.

wouldn't mind if they rotated 6, play two years, next year off type..

I'd like it if the power 6 had an annual early season invitational where the previous year's conf champs battled head to head.
UNC would, not sure about UCLA. The problem with UNC is Duke is in the classic and I doubt they put 2 teams from the same conference in. I know some IU fans think they should be in it but I'm not sure why other than it being named the champions classic and the fact that they won some a long time ago.

UNC would, not sure about UCLA. The problem with UNC is Duke is in the classic and I doubt they put 2 teams from the same conference in. I know some IU fans think they should be in it but I'm not sure why other than it being named the champions classic and the fact that they won some a long time ago.

Yeah, that's why I wouldn't mind the rotation with added teams, those two would just never play vs. With it being held in major cities, and not "at home", I think UCLA would still draw fans. I do think it being vs major competition, Bruins fans' eyeballs would find a way, since most of their asses have better things to do than attending games.

Well I'll feel better about it when Zion puts on his Duke hat Saturday.
xqr04_s-200x150.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT