ADVERTISEMENT

***Champions Classic Thread***

Somehow UK has more boards at the half. Went way too soon on that last drive. Stupid.

Very impressive first half from UK for such a young team. They barely forced anything and just took what KU gave them which was bad turnovers and good looks from 3.

Somehow UK has more boards at the half. Went way too soon on that last drive. Stupid.

For some reason Self has instructed KU to double the post and help hard on drives which has left KU defense will out of position for rotation and rebounding. Very confusing game strategy from Self that half.

We are running Kansas to death right now.

Kentucky is just faster and better with the basketball than Kansas is (so far). This Kentucky team with all their dudes back has the potential to be nasty...so nice to see this new offense.

I hope Kentucky can hold on.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Damn. Was excited about watching basketball tonight. Wife has the flu and I have been trying to get my daughter to go to bed. Missed the whole first half. But I am here for the second half!

@JimboBBN when is your boy due?

Reactions: JimboBBN
For some reason Self has instructed KU to double the post and help hard on drives which has left KU defense will out of position for rotation and rebounding. Very confusing game strategy from Self that half.
Congrats to you for being in the thread. Where are your comrades?

Damn. Was excited about watching basketball tonight. Wife has the flu and I have been trying to get my daughter to go to bed. Missed the whole first half. But I am here for the second half!

@JimboBBN when is your boy due?
Due date is March 12. Right before the tournament starts lol

He got his first taste of UK basketball last Monday. Me and the lady went to Rupp for the home opener.

Kentucky is just faster and better with the basketball than Kansas is (so far). This Kentucky team with all their dudes back has the potential to be nasty...so nice to see this new offense.

I hope Kentucky can hold on.
I have a bad feeling about the second half. But that could be the Taco Bell

Reactions: Jdhays21
I like what I see, but don’t believe for a second KU might not come back and win this. UK has not been a second half team for quite a while, and I’m just afraid Cal is going to have them tighten up. One of those situations where I’d be shocked that we won but thrilled, yet not surprised if we don’t pull this out. I’ve seen it too many times before to feel confident.

Reactions: cdbearde
Edwards needs to wake up. Great half with a pathetic finish. 2 turnovers in the last minute. Dilly needs to be on the court a ton in the 2nd half. He really stresses the defense. Kansas is going to try and slow it down and force feed Dickenson every play.

Edwards needs to wake up. Great half with a pathetic finish. 2 turnovers in the last minute. Dilly needs to be on the court a ton in the 2nd half. He really stresses the defense. Kansas is going to try and slow it down and force feed Dickenson every play.
Wagner and Edwards both played like ass and somehow they're up 7.

Wagner and Edwards both played like ass and somehow they're up 7.
It’s not somehow. They hit 9 threes. I’m in love with this team and incredibly happy with that first half. Just really want the win now. Have to keep the tempo up.

It’s not somehow. They hit 9 threes. I’m in love with this team and incredibly happy with that first half. Just really want the win now. Have to keep the tempo up.
They shot 23. 39% is great but they weren't exactly on fire other than Dilly and Sheppard.

ADVERTISEMENT