ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari to Arkansas?

When did he say that?
Code word for “leverage over current employer for extension.”

I think Kentucky circles are reporting that sources are saying he’d listen. It may be that he will listen or it could be his agent saying it. Who knows? I doubt he has said anything publicly.

Reactions: ExitFlagger

ca39c55224b274a010fd2508f48e512d.gif

welp, perhaps he will take the entire recruiting class and all current best players at UK with him to Arkansas, much what like Riley did to OU football when he left Norman for USC.

Arkansas can go to F4 next season with that.

welp, perhaps he will take the entire recruiting class and all current best players at UK with him to Arkansas, much what like Riley did to OU football when he left Norman for USC.

Arkansas can go to F4 next season with that.
When you look at the 6 recruits Cal signed, 2 of which won't be following him (Travis Perry and Quaintance), none of them are even close to the guys Cal had this year and he had a massive push from UK fans that traveled around to every venue to support the program. Cal lost 10 games and got ousted by Oakland with 2 lottery picks and at least 4 other guys that will play in the NBA, he’s not winning shit at Arkansas with a bunch of lower shelf high school kids. College basketball is too old and physical.

Last edited:
When you look at the 6 recruits Cal signed, 2 of which won't be following him (Travis Oerry and Quaintance), none of them are even close to the guys Cal had this year and he had a massive push from UK fans that traveled around to every venue to support the program. Cal lost 10 games and got ousted by Oakland with 2 lottery picks and at least 4 other guys that will play in the NBA, he’s not winning shit at Arkansas with a bunch of lower shelf high school kids. College basketball is to old and physical.
Perhaps this is what Call needs to rejuvenate his career.

Cal is still a really good coach, but he stopped coaching at UK lately and relying on talent to win. All he needs is one good player to built a good team around him. I've seen him went to the F4 at Umass with Marcus Camby and Memphis with Derrick Rose.

I think UK should start with Jay Wright. Offer him 10 mil a year. Give him something that's hard to turn down.
Same with Billy Donovan. Besides Donovan's contract is up this year, where he's been makin 6 mil a year.

I like Oates, but the fanbase would chew him up with his lack of defense. i.e. Cal this year. Oates has an 18 mil buyout, but UK just saved 33 mil.

Hurley stated he would listen to UK's offer. I think Hurley listens very closely if they lose tonight.

Barnhart likes Drew, but that's not the answer UK needs.

I just hope Barnhart moves away from his list at least until after Wright, Donovan, Hurley and Oates say no.
Don't worry, Barnhart will screw it up. He is terrible.

He left because he said he wasn't getting the support he wanted, well, he’s a narcissist and he ran them all off. His assistants ran off, NIL people stopped donating and when you lose like he has been and you refuse to prioritize UK, you're going to make enemies.
Again, Alabama fans were pissed at Saban and he was all about Alabama… home skillet. Could you imagine how bad it would have been if Saban lost 4 games a year because he only cared about the NFL draft?
I'll say it again, Alabama fans were mad at Saban, during a historical winning run… gor not winning enough and you're here talking shit about UK fans?
UK fans still supported Cal, UK fans still packed every arena UK played in and here's one for you, Calipari even talked about the support the BBN gave him even after the Oakland.loss, so learn what coach speak is… home skillet.
your delusional Francis

Perhaps this is what Call needs to rejuvenate his career.

Cal is still a really good coach, but he stopped coaching at UK lately and relying on talent to win. All he needs is one good player to built a good team around him. I've seen him went to the F4 at Umass with Marcus Camby and Memphis with Derrick Rose.
His on court tactics and methods have been the same stem to stern, it's the quality of players, the promises made, the player favoritism, lack of adaptation to the way basketball is played, his narcissistic tendencies and his priorities that did him in.
From 2009-2020, the immense talent hid his flaws, but even with that, the game is more analytical and more physical. Cal got extremely lazy to the point where he stopped watching film and preparing for opponents, you can get away with that in league play when you see these teams over several months, but looking at the upsets the last 4 years proves that laziness no longer works. You can't just roll the balls out and tell your guys to just play hard.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Before last March, the average person barely knew Dan Hurley's name. A year later, the entire country wants to give him a blank check. Kind of funny when you think about it.

His on court tactics and methods have been the same stem to stern, it's the quality of players, the promises made, the player favoritism, lack of adaptation to the way basketball is played, his narcissistic tendencies and his priorities that did him in.
From 2009-2020, the immense talent hid his flaws, but even with that, the game is more analytical and more physical. Cal got extremely lazy to the point where he stopped watching film and preparing for opponents, you can get away with that in league play when you see these teams over several months, but looking at the upsets the last 4 years proves that laziness no longer works. You can't just roll the balls out and tell your guys to just play hard.
That's exactly what I meant about "this is what Cal needs to rejuvenate his career".

he's been at UK for too long with lots of talent, so perhaps he settled in his comfort zone and not doing/coaching as hard as he once was that got him there and success in the first place.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Sooooo, Kentucky fans say that they have the all time greatest program, Calipari is the 2nd winningest coach in their history. So I guess the new coach will bump Calipari to third?

Before last March, the average person barely knew Dan Hurley's name. A year later, the entire country wants to give him a blank check. Kind of funny when you think about it.
Yeah, but you have to admit, what he has done the last 2 years, is pretty impressive and it looks like he has a system that can work with a wide variety of players.

That's exactly what I meant about "this is what Cal needs to rejuvenate his career".

he's been at UK for too long with lots of talent, so perhaps he settled in his comfort zone and not doing/coaching as hard as he once was that got him there and success in the first place.
It will he really interesting to see if, at Arkansas, he makes the changes he refused to make at UK and if he isn’t as lazy.
Alsi, I want to see if he continues to prioritize the NBA draft. That’s the biggest thing to me.

Reactions: LeroyOU12
Sooooo, Kentucky fans say that they have the all time greatest program, Calipari is the 2nd winningest coach in their history. So I guess the new coach will bump Calipari to third?
I wish the Cal we had from 09-2017 was the same Cal we had the last few years, but the two aren't even close to the same.

Heck, everyone knows that four final 4's in 5 years is not sustainable and it was a hell of a run, but what we have seen since the 2017 unc loss, is a stubborn old man that just wanted nothing more than to prove everyone wrong by doing old man things and why not, he had UK by the balls.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I wish the Cal we had from 09-2017 was the same Cal we had the last few years, but the two aren't even close to the same.

Heck, everyone knows that four final 4's in 5 years is not sustainable and it was a hell of a run, but what we have seen since the 2017 unc loss, is a stubborn old man that just wanted nothing more than to prove everyone wrong by doing old man things and why not, he had UK by the balls.
3 SEC schools have made final four trips since KY’s last visit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT