ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari to Arkansas?

It is way more fun to beat World Beater Cats than Mopey Cats, so I'm glad it's happening.

While shocked the way it went down, super excited for a fresh start. Cal and UK both needed it. The relationship with the fanbase had become way too toxic, and the situation as a whole was untenable.

Not sure who I want UK to pursue, but calls to Hurley, Wright, and Billy D have to be made. Pretty sure none of them will come, but the calls need to be made regardless.

Nate Oats just signed a new contract and the buyout is either 11 or 12 mil. Kentucky might just be crazy enough to pay that

Anyone notice how all of the Arkansas fans are on here discussing

That’s why it’s good for both UK and Cal.

Reactions: UNC71-00
LOL. Take away Oats' top two seasons and tell me how great his career is. When's the last time Kentucky hired somebody who had already won a national title? And at a school with no basketball history, which was in shambles when he arrived.

Sure, you make calls to those other guys but I think it's very unlikely that any of them take it.
Oats hasn’t been at it as long as Scott and Oats appears to be getting better each year. He’s a guy that does everything possible to win games. I want a guy that does that.

Last edited:
Reactions: KisteK
All of these dominos started falling in place because SMU fired Rob Lanier... just as I suspected.

So, is Kentucky willing to pay some 18 mil for the buyout of Nate Oats?
It’s 10 million from what I understand.

I would vote for Golden at UF.
I got a text from 'someone we both know' telling me that was your choice.
He’s definitely on my extended list, I'm just not sure he’s seasoned enough to handle the weight yet, but I certainly wouldn't complain if Mitch hired him. He is a very good young coach.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Nate Oats doesn't want anything to do with the KY deranged fanbase.
Hey now, that Alabama fanbase is even worse. There was a large portion of Alabama fans that went after Saban for not beating teams badly enough just 2 years ago. How many titles has Saban won for Bama?

If Cal even had one more title, the BBN would have been MUCH more supportive. Saban won a thousand titles for Alabama, but the second he just barely qualified for the playoff, the fanbase was upset.

I got a text from 'someone we both know' telling me that was your choice.
He’s definitely on my extended list, I'm just not sure he’s seasoned enough to handle the weight yet, but I certainly wouldn't complain if Mitch hired him. He is a very good young coach.
That chain of posts she started is now quite extensive!

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
You KY bitches better listen to this!

Oh trust me, we know what we had, which was a guy that lost all of his support, a guy that cared way too much about the NBA draft, a guy that kept losing to bad teams, a guy that talked down to the fans while.losing at historic levels, a guy that made promises to HS kids, a guy that won 1 NCAAT game in 4 years, a guy that won 1 SECT game in 3 years, a guy that orchestrated the worst season in UK history and a guy that is washed up.

He’s also a guy that turned UK into an NBA farm system. If you do that, you better win and he wasn't doing that.

• Love
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Nate Oats doesn't want anything to do with the KY deranged fanbase.

Honestly, Alabama seems like a really good fit for Oats. Bama is willing to commit the resources in securing top-level talent - and he doesn't have to deal with a fanbase that has crazy-high expectations almost every season.

Hey now, that Alabama fanbase is even worse. There was a large portion of Alabama fans that went after Saban for not beating teams badly enough just 2 years ago. How many titles has Saban won for Bama?

If Cal even had one more title, the BBN would have been MUCH more supportive. Saban won a thousand titles for Alabama, but the second he just barely qualified for the playoff, the fanbase was upset.
I think Saban would tell you he loved the fanbase, and more importantly Nate Oats just raved about the fanbase since he has been at Bama. Just wishful thinking on your part.
BTW, why do you think Calilari left home skillet?

I think Saban would tell you he loved the fanbase, and more importantly Nate Oats just raved about the fanbase since he has been at Bama. Just wishful thinking on your part.
BTW, why do you think Calilari left home skillet?
He left because he said he wasn't getting the support he wanted, well, he’s a narcissist and he ran them all off. His assistants ran off, NIL people stopped donating and when you lose like he has been and you refuse to prioritize UK, you're going to make enemies.
Again, Alabama fans were pissed at Saban and he was all about Alabama… home skillet. Could you imagine how bad it would have been if Saban lost 4 games a year because he only cared about the NFL draft?
I'll say it again, Alabama fans were mad at Saban, during a historical winning run… gor not winning enough and you're here talking shit about UK fans?
UK fans still supported Cal, UK fans still packed every arena UK played in and here's one for you, Calipari even talked about the support the BBN gave him even after the Oakland.loss, so learn what coach speak is… home skillet.

I think UK should start with Jay Wright. Offer him 10 mil a year. Give him something that's hard to turn down.
Same with Billy Donovan. Besides Donovan's contract is up this year, where he's been makin 6 mil a year.

I like Oates, but the fanbase would chew him up with his lack of defense. i.e. Cal this year. Oates has an 18 mil buyout, but UK just saved 33 mil.

Hurley stated he would listen to UK's offer. I think Hurley listens very closely if they lose tonight.

Barnhart likes Drew, but that's not the answer UK needs.

I just hope Barnhart moves away from his list at least until after Wright, Donovan, Hurley and Oates say no.

I think UK should start with Jay Wright. Offer him 10 mil a year. Give him something that's hard to turn down.
Same with Billy Donovan. Besides Donovan's contract is up this year, where he's been makin 6 mil a year.

I like Oates, but the fanbase would chew him up with his lack of defense. i.e. Cal this year. Oates has an 18 mil buyout, but UK just saved 33 mil.

Hurley stated he would listen to UK's offer. I think Hurley listens very closely if they lose tonight.

Barnhart likes Drew, but that's not the answer UK needs.

I just hope Barnhart moves away from his list at least until after Wright, Donovan, Hurley and Oates say no.
Best coach in the country right now, is Dan Hurley, if you're UK, Hurley is your first call and you offer him a great deal, while still protecting UK.
DH has to be your first call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT