ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari to Arkansas?

I hope the class does follow him, there aren't any stars in this class and unless Cal has a generational talent + a transcendent talent + an NBA lockout that causes multiple NBA bound players to return, Cal ain’t winning shit.
Give me a team built out of portal guys and a coach that cares about winning games in college and I'm good.

Go get Drew. He can bring you guys Edgecombe and he’s done a good job in the portal at Baylor.

Nate Oats should be the one getting a blank check from UK though.

Reactions: KisteK
Go get Drew. He can bring you guys Edgecombe and he’s done a good job in the portal at Baylor.

If we're being honest hiring a guy that already won a title is a concerning thing. I think Oats is the best hire, but with the buyout and his reputation around the Brandon Miller stuff combined with Barnhart holier than thou attitude I can't see it.

Meh, I'm not as high on Drew. If you look at what he did outside of 20 and 21, it's not very good. If I had my way, the coach would be Few, Hurley, Oats, or Wright. I get those aren't reality hires, but that's my list.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Chris Beard to UK! They both love choking in recent years.

Girl Smile GIF

Now the UK fans can go back to hating Cal much like they did when he was at Memphis
Nope, we're all very happy for him now. We will just point and laugh when Arkansas fans complain about Cal not playing his best players, losing to butthole state, then telling everyone to be happy that all these players are getting drafted.
He pissed Memphis fans off as he left, he pissed UK fans off for the last 4 years and now he's about to piss Arkansas fans off, they just don’t know it yet. they're going to wonder why their AD paid this joker 15 million a year.

Meh, I'm not as high on Drew. If you look at what he did outside of 20 and 21, it's not very good. If I had my way, the coach would be Few, Hurley, Oats, or Wright. I get those aren't reality hires, but that's my list.

Take away Oats' top two seasons and tell me how great his career is. When's the last time Kentucky hired somebody who had already won a national title? And at a school with no basketball history, which was in shambles when he arrived.

Sure, you make calls to those other guys but I think it's very unlikely that any of them take it.

Last edited:
All of these dominos started falling in place because SMU fired Rob Lanier... just as I suspected.

So, is Kentucky willing to pay some 18 mil for the buyout of Nate Oats?

Glad for UK and Calipari. Wish Coach Cal nothing but the best, honestly. Appreciated his work ethic and example he sat as the leader of UK. Just time to move in before it gets worse.

Hurley is #1, best coach in cbb right now. Give him $7-8 million
Oats is #2
Wright is #3

No on Donovan, been out of the college game way too long. Recruiting and now NIL, too much of a learning curve. He had his chance to come to UK and passed on his chance.

Reactions: cdbearde
All of these dominos started falling in place because SMU fired Rob Lanier... just as I suspected.

So, is Kentucky willing to pay some 18 mil for the buyout of Nate Oats?
Drew is apparently $4.5 million or some ridiculously low number like that. Unless Oats really excites the big donors in a way that Drew doesn’t, I’m guessing he’d get the nod if it were between those two.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Drew is apparently $4.5 million or some ridiculously low number like that. Unless Oats really excites the big donors in a way that Drew doesn’t, I’m guessing he’d get the nod if it were between those two.
We were on the verge of paying Cal 33 million to GTFO. 18 million wouldn’t be a problem

We were on the verge of paying Cal 33 million to GTFO. 18 million wouldn’t be a problem
The fans were willing to, but was the school? I’m not sure.

Either way I think they’d be willing to pony up the buyout for Oats if he was absolutely their guy. But if it’s a toss up between the two I wonder if that comes into play.

The fans were willing to, but was the school? I’m not sure.

Either way I think they’d be willing to pony up the buyout for Oats if he was absolutely their guy. But if it’s a toss up between the two I wonder if that comes into play.

Thought I had read the boosters were ready to put up like 25m to get rid of him. Don't remember where I read it though. Don't think the 18m is a real obstacle. Would guess other things are with. Barnhart had to be talked into hiring Cal, I doubt he goes with another brash guy.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
ADVERTISEMENT