ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari to Arkansas?

will-ferrell-ricky-bobby.gif

I don't even know that there is a perfect coach to hire right now, but it's time.

Holy shit the ramifications. Saw this rumor a few hours ago and thought it was just a parody post on Twitter. Does UK’s entire class follow him to Arkansas?

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Probably would be best for all parties. But damn it would be bittersweet to see him at Rupp with a different team.

The last few years have definitely been toxic, and next year wouldn't get any better.

Holy shit the ramifications. Saw this rumor a few hours ago and thought it was just a parody post on Twitter. Does UK’s entire class follow him to Arkansas?
This "rumor" is gaining feet. Just saw where UK has been informed of the talks....

Hmmm.....

Could be Memphis like----He leaves and his recruits go with him.

Reactions: cdbearde
Probably would be best for all parties. But damn it would be bittersweet to see him at Rupp with a different team.

The last few years have definitely been toxic, and next year wouldn't get any better.
Would be worse than the last three years. No doubt about it.

I've been on the fire Cal train for ages but I'm still not sure how it will feel with him gone. I'll be 30 in a month so he's been the UK coach my entire adult life. And next year will be ugly most likely. But give Hurley and Nate Oats and Donovan and whoever else a blank check

I mean it’s to the point of needing a split. Missed a tournament, 2 first round exits, and a 2nd round exit is well below UK standards especially with the talent he brings in.

I've been on the fire Cal train for ages but I'm still not sure how it will feel with him gone. I'll be 30 in a month so he's been the UK coach my entire adult life. And next year will be ugly most likely. But give Hurley and Nate Oats and Donovan and whoever else a blank check
I turn 32 this year so I’m in the same boat. It’s time though.

I've been around since Rupp days. Kentucky will be fine. Hard to get worse. Arkansas can have our sloppy seconds. Even another drunk sounds better.

I turn 32 this year so I’m in the same boat. It’s time though.

Oh I agree. Just gonna be weird not seeing (or hearing) him on the sideline.

I've been around since Rupp days. Kentucky will be fine. Hard to get worse. Arkansas can have our sloppy seconds. Even another drunk sounds better.

I agree they'll be fine. And it can always get worse. Ask Indiana or Louisville.

Does Cal get booed when he returns to Rupp with the Razorbacks?

I hope the class does follow him, there aren't any stars in this class and unless Cal has a generational talent + a transcendent talent + an NBA lockout that causes multiple NBA bound players to return, Cal ain’t winning shit.
Give me a team built out of portal guys and a coach that cares about winning games in college and I'm good.

ADVERTISEMENT