ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking: NCAA Investigations could begin soon

None of this should surprise you after the last few years regarding UNC and how hypocritical you guys have been. You guys were all guilty although proven innocent even after being educated. Now everyone wants to change their tune.
You guys? Everyone? Their?

You need to be more specific.

This place is essentially an online locker room for all of us. We’re gonna talk shit and laugh at anything that’s perceived negative for our opponents while we defend our own schools for anything bad that happens towards them. Many people who do the teasing really don't even care about the facts, it's just an opportunity to pile on. I feel like some posters here seem to forget that.

Breaking News
Brad Calipari was forced to redshirt just days before this huge ESPN story came out. People close to the situation said Brad received benefits including a car, gas card, clothes and...... . Brownies
Stay tuned as this story continues to develop

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
This place is essentially an online locker room for all of us. We’re gonna talk shit and laugh at anything that’s perceived negative for our opponents while we defend our own schools for anything bad that happens towards them. Many people who do the teasing really don't even care about the facts, it's just an opportunity to pile on. I feel like some posters here seem to forget that.

Cheers schooner. You’re one of many ku posters on this board I enjoy. I wish @npreston posted more often. I

If you could toss @MrBaracus in the trash for the rest of this board I think we’d all benefit.

Without a doubt. I just find it entertaining that people won't admit it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

True no doubt, but with something as WIDESPREAD as this, it would be smart to keep quiet until ALL of the skeletons have fallen from the closet.

I’m just pointing out the hypocrisy of a few from certain fanbases. EVERYONE should just chill and not be shocked to hear something about “your” player.
There’s only about 8 teams in the same shoes as you. Same schools consistently mentioned.

So no, not EVERYONE.

What school do you claim, Sloppy?
Indiana. I’m sure you’ll bring up Romeo, but there hasn’t been a single thing about him like what has been mentioned above with specific $ involved.

If IU got caught cheating, I’d own it. And not attempt to tell EVERYONE that they should chill as they’re involved too.

It’s definitely centered on a few schools, and EVERYONE knows who they are. And knew before this came out as well.

I actually think he is at Duke playing for free. I also think Ku was going to pay his family a big amount of money up until the fbi info came out. Once that broke I believe his family walked from everything.

If it’s proven otherwise I’ll eat crow. Until then innocent until proven guilty is the law of this country.

So you're burying your head like Kentucky fans. That's fine. Even if this theory proved true, it doesn't change the fact that Duke has had players that accepted money (and probably multiple on the current roster).

Guys that were barely on anyone's radar have been proven to have been paid, but Barrett and company aren't?Laughing

What I expected, honestly. Good retort.
I mean, you're on here essentially calling out programs for allegedly cheating while you have a player whose dad got paid a very generous amount of money to coach an AAU team in exchange for his son's commitment. Also, Archie Miller, brother of Sean Miller. If I were you, I'd bite my tongue.

Reactions: Quavarius
Cheers schooner. You’re one of many ku posters on this board I enjoy. I wish @npreston posted more often.

If you could toss @MrBaracus in the trash for the rest of this board I think we’d all benefit.

Don't cry little guy. It'll be ok. Your program will maintain its deniability while you throw stones at everyone else. All is good!

Don't cry little guy. It'll be ok. Your program will maintain its deniability while you throw stones at everyone else. All is good!

Last I checked the only school around here suspending multiple players for taking payments and receiving impermisssble benefits was ku.

Please please feel free to correct me with FACTUAL evidence of it happening at Duke and U.K.

And before you come back with some stupid ass retort from the 90s I’m referring to the one and done era since that’s what the fbi scope is encompassing.

Here’s a hint little fella, you won’t find anything :)

So please continue trying to lump your scandal filled payment receiving illegal benefit players with other schools tif it makes you feel better, little fella.

I mean, you're on here essentially calling out programs for allegedly cheating while you have a player whose dad got paid a very generous amount of money to coach an AAU team in exchange for his son's commitment. Also, Archie Miller, brother of Sean Miller. If I were you, I'd bite my tongue.
*biting*

I know you understand my point. No use arguing.

Last I checked the only school around here suspending multiple players for taking payments and receiving impermisssble benefits was ku.

Please please feel free to correct me with FACTUAL evidence of it happening at Duke and U.K.

And before you come back with some stupid ass retort from the 90s I’m referring to the one and done era since that’s what the fbi scope is encompassing.

Here’s a hint little fella, you won’t find anything :)

So please continue trying to lump your scandal filled payment receiving illegal benefit players with other schools tif it makes you feel better, little fella.

I do agree with your sentiment here, and Baracus seems to just say whatever comes into his mind. BUT, there is a lot more that will be uncovered in the upcoming NCAA investigation, as well as the 2 other FBI investigations early next year.

I think it's a bit naive to think any perennial Top 5/10 school isn't in cahoots with these shoe companies. They all do it. I think we have found and will find more that some schools are worse than others.

I don't wish bad on programs as it seems other fans do of ours...having KU/UK/Duke/UNC good is better for the game in my opinion.

Reactions: toonces11
That’s what @Global Havok suggested K do with Zion. Just giving it back to him, lol
Total failure.

For one, I never said Zion was guilty of anything, in fact I said I doubted he took money.

Second, once there is an agent saying on record that Hagans requested cash and a place to live then we will be comparing apples to apples.

The only possible "gotcha" you could have had would have been if I denied UK had been mentioned. Only problem there is, I said over a month ago that UK had been mentioned in the FBI report.

And for the record, if there is a chance Hagans took money, he SHOULD be sat until the situation resolves itself.

Hopefully we vacate the Duke loss.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
It doesn't say Vanderbilt or Hagans took a dime.

It's not really worrying anyways. It's not like he had a mysterious $100,000 jewelry debt while in college or was proven to take money in high school from Myron Piggie or anything.

And JV's not in school now. Unless there is evidence that UK knew about any payments (assuming they even happened, of which there is no evidence yet), then according to the precedent set in the Duke/Maggette case (yes, Q, it also included the Rush brothers and their respective schools) UK cannot face any punishment. The punishment is limited to suspending the player, and he's already gone. Right, @Quavarius?

Surely the NCAA would not change their precedent when a blueblood (and other schools) are facing potential liability. Surely the NCAA would never do that (except for when they totally did).

And JV's not in school now. Unless there is evidence that UK knew about any payments (assuming they even happened, of which there is no evidence yet), then according to the precedent set in the Duke/Maggette case (yes, Q, it also included the Rush brothers and their respective schools) UK cannot face any punishment. The punishment is limited to suspending the player, and he's already gone. Right, @Quavarius?

Surely the NCAA would not change their precedent when a blueblood (and other schools) are facing potential liability. Surely the NCAA would never do that (except for when they totally did).

Wait, so now you want to take advantage of the Duke/UCLA/Missouri Rule when it applies to your school, but thought Duke should have been punished? Pick a side

Total failure.

For one, I never said Zion was guilty of anything, in fact I said I doubted he took money.

Second, once there is an agent saying on record that Hagans requested cash and a place to live then we will be comparing apples to apples.

The only possible "gotcha" you could have had would have been if I denied UK had been mentioned. Only problem there is, I said over a month ago that UK had been mentioned in the FBI report.

And for the record, if there is a chance Hagans took money, he SHOULD be sat until the situation resolves itself.

Hopefully we vacate the Duke loss.

But but, Duke was named indirectly because Zion plays for Duke. Well, guess who was ACTUALLY named here? Directly....

Reactions: HRTheCard
Wait, so now you want to take advantage of the Duke/UCLA/Missouri Rule when it applies to your school, but thought Duke should have been punished? Pick a side

You can't be this dumb, can you? I want the NCAA not to change their rules in the middle of an investigation, which was my side all along. I explicitly stated that the new rule (no vacating games where there is no evidence that the school knew the player was ineligible), the one that was changed during the NCAA's investigation of Myron Piggie and several players that he paid, was better; I just questioned the implementation and how that implementation appeared. I've been 100% consistent, and I've been abundantly clear on that.

You can't be this dumb, can you? I want the NCAA not to change their rules in the middle of an investigation, which was my side all along. I explicitly stated that the new rule (no vacating games where there is no evidence that the school knew the player was ineligible), the one that was changed during the NCAA's investigation of Myron Piggie and several players that he paid, was better; I just questioned the implementation and how that implementation appeared. I've been 100% consistent, and I've been abundantly clear on that.

Up until I educated you on the fact that Duke wasn’t the only school that had a Piggie player, you thought the NCAA changed their rule to only benefit Duke. But great, you want your school to take advantage of something you thought was wrong. How consistent of you!

Reactions: UL_1986
But but, Duke was named indirectly because Zion plays for Duke. Well, guess who was ACTUALLY named here? Directly....
That's a cute story. So which UK staff member has someone under oath stating they were asking for money? I'll hang up and listen.

At this point, Hagans and Zion have both been mentioned, and no one from either staff has been.

PS this is Global, in the process of switching accounts.

ADVERTISEMENT