ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking, Iowa dismisses play by play announcer

Our home board mod thinks it was Fran because of Gary’s comment earlier in the year. Fran has an axe to grind.
on the other hawkeye sites there is a growing backlash over this, but nobody has said anything like that as Fran didn't find/didn't know of that comment and was in the locker room celebrating the win.

Dolph was suspended by Learfield who Dolph is employed by. the key word here is SUSPENDED for the rest of the BB season.

this is pure garbage at its best and totally MORONIC at its worst, MD is staying silent on this.

at the spring scrimage Iowa fans will find out if Dolph will do the play by play, Dolph and KF are good friends not to sure if they will buck KF on this if KF says he stays.

all men supposedly came from the apes. now all of a sudden it is classified as racist/offensive.

don't thesr people have anything other to due,
Oh, is this a discussion of evolution? Because if that's all white supremacists have been doing when they've called only black people monkeys and apes for centuries, I guess it's just a science lesson.

I’m white and if someone called me a polar bear I’d be pretty happy with that. I realize just saying this makes me look racist. Polar bears are cool though. Better an oversized gorilla than like a lemur or some shit.
inorite? As a white guy who has never been compared to an animal in order to demean my humanity and oppress me, I have no trauma associated with this kind of thing, either! This reminds me of those stupid, whiny diabetics always saying they want insulin, because I don't need insulin.

inorite? As a white guy who has never been compared to an animal in order to demean my humanity and oppress me, I have no trauma associated with this kind of thing, either! This reminds me of those stupid, whiny diabetics always saying they want insulin, because I don't need insulin.
now that is insulting my mother died because of her being a diabetic that also caused her to go blind. she also got her dailey shot of insulin,

its time for you to STFU. to bad the mod won't ban you for your comment. I to am diabetic as was my grandfather.

Oh, is this a discussion of evolution? Because if that's all white supremacists have been doing when they've called only black people monkeys and apes for centuries, I guess it's just a science lesson.
what planet do you live on? every museum that I went to shows the evolution of primates to humans never saw the word 'black' used in their display.

get out of here with your made up BS.

Iowa had a white player that people called the White Gorilla, there have been white players called knuckle dragegr's because of the length of their arms

even DE Gohlston was described by his HS coach [who is black] as a knuckle dragger. this is a direct referense to gorilla's arms.

this PC shit is going over the line.

This whole thing boils down to is that our coach hates Gary Dolphin. Dolphin made a comment that you have to be stretching it to the utmost degree to find it offensive. But McCaffrey and Barta saw their shot. To top this off this was not even talked about till just before our blackout game on Friday
The game in question was Tuesday. To make things even better our piece of s*** AD would not even talk about this and still has not talked about this.

Yea, but it’s all kind of bullshit though. You’re generalizing black people right now. You’re putting them in a box. And like you shouldn’t stereotype black people and stuff.

I’d talk about how the black people I know don’t give two ****s about an announcer in Iowa but then I’d be doing it too.

Also, the announcer might suck. I have no clue.

Last edited:
now that is insulting my mother died because of her being a diabetic that also caused her to go blind. she also got her dailey shot of insulin,

its time for you to STFU. to bad the mod won't ban you for your comment. I to am diabetic as was my grandfather.
And what I said about insulin is just as ridiculous as claiming that something you've never found insulting is therefore not insulting to anyone else.

P.S.- Sorry about your mum.

As mentioned before, nobody associated with Maryland even knew of this before it was announced on Friday.....

This was literally someone either jumping the gun out of fear, or someone with ties to the University who was looking for an excuse to get Gary Dolphin out.

Literally?

what planet do you live on? every museum that I went to shows the evolution of primates to humans never saw the word 'black' used in their display.

get out of here with your made up BS.

Iowa had a white player that people called the White Gorilla, there have been white players called knuckle dragegr's because of the length of their arms

even DE Gohlston was described by his HS coach [who is black] as a knuckle dragger. this is a direct referense to gorilla's arms.

this PC shit is going over the line.
Made up?
*Ahem*
*Cough*
*Sneeze*
*Fart*
*Shart*
*Skeet-skeet*

You're yet another clueless person blaming so-called political correctness for your own lack of personal responsibility when it comes to exercising appropriate decorum out of human decency.

Yea, but it’s all kind of bullshit though. You’re generalizing black people right now. You’re putting them in a box. And like you shouldn’t stereotype black people and stuff.

I’d talk about how the black people I know don’t give two ****s about an announcer in Iowa but then I’d be doing it too.
Actually, no, you'd be offering completely anecdotal stories and pretending they are equal to mountains of documented history of exactly what I said.

The ignorant extremes some of y'all will go to deny any recognition of racism since the '60s or any specific detail about racism before then is pretty reprehensible.

Actually, no, you'd be offering completely anecdotal stories and pretending they are equal to mountains of documented history of exactly what I said.

The ignorant extremes some of y'all will go to deny any recognition of racism since the '60s or any specific detail about racism before then is pretty reprehensible.

Some announcer in Iowa making a comment that a 7 foot black athlete is playing like a mega-beast is not racism. And it has nothing to do with the 60’s or society or even Donald Trump.

Reactions: sgrooms
Made up?
*Ahem*
*Cough*
*Sneeze*
*Fart*
*Shart*
*Skeet-skeet*

You're yet another clueless person blaming so-called political correctness for your own lack of personal responsibility when it comes to exercising appropriate decorum out of human decency.
no clue do you have [in my best Yoda immitation] I grew up in the 50's-60's in a neighborhood where there were only 4 white families in a 12 block radius of black families, my grand daughter is engaged to a black individual and she is due to have their kid around labor day.

you don't know shit, one thing that I posted about his nickname was Vanilla Gorilla. Todays world is nothing like MLK wanted nor envisioned. today peoplr are trying to make money off the deceased and nothing else.
things have changed from what it was like 50-60 year ago, just like had changed from what it was like before the civil war.

actually the division is getting worse than what it was like 50-60 years ago.

today they have destroyed what MLK was trying to do. I would watch and listen to him every time he gave a speech and/or appeared on TV.

the only person that I had more respect for than MLK was John F Kennedy. I was them on TV when they were both assasinated. two of the more tragic moments in US History.

JFC, this thread

source.gif

Made up?
*Ahem*
*Cough*
*Sneeze*
*Fart*
*Shart*
*Skeet-skeet*

you are the one that is going to the extreme to find something racist/offensive about anything printed or said. you are the perfect example of a PC individual.

no clue do you have [in my best Yoda immitation] I grew up in the 50's-60's in a neighborhood where there were only 4 white families in a 12 block radius of black families, my grand daughter is engaged to a black individual and she is due to have their kid around labor day.

you don't know shit, one thing that I posted about his nickname was Vanilla Gorilla. Todays world is nothing like MLK wanted nor envisioned. today peoplr are trying to make money off the deceased and nothing else.
things have changed from what it was like 50-60 year ago, just like had changed from what it was like before the civil war.

actually the division is getting worse than what it was like 50-60 years ago.

today they have destroyed what MLK was trying to do. I would watch and listen to him every time he gave a speech and/or appeared on TV.

the only person that I had more respect for than MLK was John F Kennedy. I was them on TV when they were both assasinated. two of the more tragic moments in US History.
lol
Even your resume for wokeness is a bunch of anecdotal whining.

You're arguing against the existence of the stereotype comparing black people to primates. Not "evolved from." As in closer to primates than humans. Every one of those links I gave that you didn't look at demonstrate it. Your claim that I have no clue is some of the most pathetic projection I've seen in some time.

Some announcer in Iowa making a comment that a 7 foot black athlete is playing like a mega-beast is not racism. And it has nothing to do with the 60’s or society or even Donald Trump.
I never accused the announcer of being a racist. I haven't said the first thing about his intent. There is 100% validation that what he said aligns with the age-old racist slur of comparing black people to monkeys.

lol
Even your resume for wokeness is a bunch of anecdotal whining.

You're arguing against the existence of the stereotype comparing black people to primates. Not "evolved from." As in closer to primates than humans. Every one of those links I gave that you didn't look at demonstrate it. Your claim that I have no clue is some of the most pathetic projection I've seen in some time.
all people evolved from Primates. [gorilla's] not just the black people. I have no F'N clue as to what type of science class or history class you took,

probably studied how to make something out of nothing, but at least we now know who reported Dolph. with your made up attacks.

you are the one that is going to the extreme to find something racist/offensive about anything printed or said. you are the perfect example of a PC individual.
Uh, I don't even have to use my pivot foot or my full wingspan to reach legitimate examples of the racist use of the exact stereotype the Iowa announcer used. And unlike the guy who whined about an analogy to diabetes, I've stuck to exactly one thing.

So you're full of it w/ the claim I did anything "extreme" and the claim it is over "anything." And citing real history isn't so-called "PC." It's cold, hard truths well known by every decent human out there.

I never accused the announcer of being a racist. I haven't said the first thing about his intent. There is 100% validation that what he said aligns with the age-old racist slur of comparing black people to monkeys.
age old slur my ass. its in your world only. I am in my 60's grew up in a mostly all black community, went to the military and not once did I ever hear ANYBODY refer the black people referred to as monkey's/gorilla's.

all people evolved from Primates. [gorilla's] not just the black people. I have no F'N clue as to what type of science class or history class you took,

probably studied how to make something out of nothing, but at least we now know who reported Dolph. with your made up attacks.
Again, we're not talking about an evolutionary conversation. Calling black people monkeys, et al, is not part of an evolutionary discussion. It's part of a very prevalent, long-standing racist tradition. I provided links. You're absolutely wrong on this.

age old slur my ass. its in your world only. I am in my 60's grew up in a mostly all black community, went to the military and not once did I ever hear ANYBODY refer the black people referred to as monkey's/gorilla's.
Anecdotal at best, but my suspicion is that you're consciously lying. I've provided numerous links showing you you're ignorantly, shamefully wrong.

Right, and based on that I’d assume you support 100% this guy being suspended despite by all indications he had totally positive intentions.

But my point is, he really shouldn’t be based solely on this and people shouldn’t be offended. And yes I’m a white guy. I’ll give you I can’t understand what it’s like to be black (although aren’t you also white in which case you don’t know either?). But then if that’s the case then the offended person can’t understand what it’s like to be an innocent white guy like me who thinks they need causes that actually go beyond feelings and sensitivities ...

Right, and based on that I’d assume you support 100% this guy being suspended despite by all indications he had totally positive intentions.

But my point is, he really shouldn’t be based solely on this and people shouldn’t be offended. And yes I’m a white guy. I’ll give you I can’t understand what it’s like to be black (although aren’t you also white in which case you don’t know either?). But then if that’s the case then the offended person can’t understand what it’s like to be an innocent white guy like me who thinks they need causes that actually go beyond feelings and sensitivities ...
I have no opinion on his suspension. I totally get it. If he put forth a well-done apology and avoided suspension completely, I'd be fine with that, too.

Intentions only go so far. Whether they tip the scale or not is a case-by-case determination.

White people are in so much more need of understanding, said no reasonable person ever.

I have no opinion on his suspension. I totally get it. If he put forth a well-done apology and avoided suspension completely, I'd be fine with that, too.

Intentions only go so far. Whether they tip the scale or not is a case-by-case determination.

White people are in so much more need of understanding, said no reasonable person ever.

I mean the last line is a meme, but again, getting real... that’s been said by many people since humanity started. Understanding is kind of the goal of education and stuff and humans are pretty good at it, I’d say.

Ralph Northam wore blackface and still has a job.

Megyn Kelly said she didn't think blackface was racist and lost her job.

One job is far more important than the other.

i don't think Northam should lose his job or Kelly

Ralph Northam wore blackface and still has a job.

Megyn Kelly said she didn't think blackface was racist and lost her job.

One job is far more important than the other.

i don't think Northam should lose his job or Kelly
Context matters.

It does. In that context one was way worse than the other.
One is an elected official; one isn't. There's an inherently different context right there.
FTR, I think Gov Northam should resign. That is not to say I feel that way in every circumstance where an elected official may have worn blackface.

One is an elected official; one isn't. There's an inherently different context right there.
FTR, I think Gov Northam should resign. That is not to say I feel that way in every circumstance where an elected official may have worn blackface.
My point exactly. It is far easier for a left leaning entertainment industry to make an example out of a tv personality than it is for the left to make an example out of someone who did something far worse because it might mean he will be replaced by a Republican.

My point exactly. It is far easier for a left leaning entertainment industry to make an example out of a tv personality than it is for the left to make an example out of someone who did something far worse because it might mean he will be replaced by a Republican.
My point is that it's a weak comparison between two incomparable fields.

My point is that it's a weak comparison between two incomparable fields.
My point is that one plays zero role in politics making it easier to throw her to the wolves. The other is a governor of a State that typically votes Democrat. And if they try to make an example out of him, he would be replaced by a Republican because the other Democrat is a rapist. So as opposed to having a Republican as the governor, the blackface is forgive. And it's not just the blackface, but the kkk image to go with it.

Reactions: sgrooms
My point is that one plays zero role in politics making it easier to throw her to the wolves. The other is a governor of a State that typically votes Democrat. And if they try to make an example out of him, he would be replaced by a Republican because the other Democrat is a rapist. So as opposed to having a Republican as the governor, the blackface is forgive. And it's not just the blackface, but the kkk image to go with it.
And your point is bunk. It's almost always easier to get rid of someone in the private sector.

It's not "throwing her to the wolves" just because you think she should have gotten away with the remark. It was a business decision. W/e.

Unless they're going to have a recall election or move to impeach, there's little Virginia can do to remove the governor until the next election.

And when you've been pretty consistent in excusing similar objectionable behavior from the GOP, your critique of Dems doesn't hold much sway w/ me.

And your point is bunk. It's almost always easier to get rid of someone in the private sector.

It's not "throwing her to the wolves" just because you think she should have gotten away with the remark. It was a business decision. W/e.

Unless they're going to have a recall election or move to impeach, there's little Virginia can do to remove the governor until the next election.

And when you've been pretty consistent in excusing similar objectionable behavior from the GOP, your critique of Dems doesn't hold much sway w/ me.
Okay

ADVERTISEMENT