ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking, Iowa dismisses play by play announcer

Suspended indefinitely but yeah I don’t see him returning after what’s happened. Bad word choice? Sure. Man I hate Gary Barta so much. And after what he went through losing the university hundreds of millions of dollars in lawsuits, he kept his job but Dolph calls a guy King Kong and might be fired

Reactions: kl40504
1UFq3gT.gif

Suspended indefinitely but yeah I don’t see him returning after what’s happened. Bad word choice? Sure. Man I hate Gary Barta so much. And after what he went through losing the university hundreds of millions of dollars in lawsuits, he kept his job but Dolph calls a guy King Kong and might be fired
He was actually trying to give the player a compliment.

Maybe someone should’ve asked Bruno Fernando about this and gotten his reaction. I bet he wouldn’t have cared. If someone said I was going all King Kong in the paint, I would’ve been like “thanks I appreciate that” not “that racist son of a bitch”. But honestly I’m not even surprised at the crap Barta pulls anymore

Maybe someone should’ve asked Bruno Fernando about this and gotten his reaction. I bet he wouldn’t have cared. If someone said I was going all King Kong in the paint, I would’ve been like “thanks I appreciate that” not “that racist son of a bitch”. But honestly I’m not even surprised at the crap Barta pulls anymore

Local reporter did reach out to Maryland and they said they'd have no comment on it from players or athletic department.

Nobody cares, it didn’t seem to be malicious and he was clearly complimenting him. With that being said you don’t throw a rival a life jacket when they are drowning. Wouldn’t mind this to distract Iowa so we can get some separation in the standings, just in case we drop a game we shouldn’t.

Reactions: iowahawkeyes69
Nobody cares, it didn’t seem to be malicious and he was clearly complimenting him. With that being said you don’t throw a rival a life jacket when they are drowning. Wouldn’t mind this to distract Iowa so we can get some separation in the standings, just in case we drop a game we shouldn’t.

You took care of business. Now promptly lose the rest.

RE dolph, people just need to be outraged these days. Pretty pathetic.

I completely understand why they didn’t respond. It’s smart

from what's been posted on HR Dolphin was just suspended for the rest of the BB season.

somebody with nothing better to do called is saying he was offended by that racial comment.

comparing a tall BB player to King Kong is a compliment, but for someone to call it racist is just looking to stir up trouble.

I have heard other being compared to King Kong because of their height. don't know how many of you that will remember Andre The Giant, in fact he played a big foot in a Million Dollar Man episode.

from what's been posted on HR Dolphin was just suspended for the rest of the BB season.

somebody with nothing better to do called is saying he was offended by that racial comment.

comparing a tall BB player to King Kong is a compliment, but for someone to call it racist is just looking to stir up trouble.

I have heard other being compared to King Kong because of their height. don't know how many of you that will remember Andre The Giant, in fact he played a big foot in a Million Dollar Man episode.

You should sit this one out. You don’t have a great track record.

Pretty stupid. Why can't white guys continue innocently making comparisons between various primates and people of a race that has been stereotyped as primates for all of American history?

Reactions: RUTravesty
Pretty stupid. Why can't white guys continue innocently making comparisons between various primates and people of a race that has been stereotyped as primates for all of American history?
all men supposedly came from the apes. now all of a sudden it is classified as racist/offensive.

don't thesr people have anything other to due,

I’m white and if someone called me a polar bear I’d be pretty happy with that. I realize just saying this makes me look racist. Polar bears are cool though. Better an oversized gorilla than like a lemur or some shit.

So dumb. Given the context it wasn’t disparaging at all.

People are too sensitive
As mentioned before, nobody associated with Maryland even knew of this before it was announced on Friday.....

This was literally someone either jumping the gun out of fear, or someone with ties to the University who was looking for an excuse to get Gary Dolphin out.

As mentioned before, nobody associated with Maryland even knew of this before it was announced on Friday.....

This was literally someone either jumping the gun out of fear, or someone with ties to the University who was looking for an excuse to get Gary Dolphin out.

Our home board mod thinks it was Fran because of Gary’s comment earlier in the year. Fran has an axe to grind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT