ADVERTISEMENT

Braggin' Rights

You're biased. That statement shows. The guy is a future pro.

You're telling me you wouldn't take a 7ft center that averages 10 points and 5 rebounds per game? Ok.
What? I'm biased because I'm not salivating over him like you are? Pretty absurd to project future pro status for him at this juncture. Clifford Alexander was more talented than Tilmon and how did his pro career pan out?

What? I'm biased because I'm not salivating over him like you are? Pretty absurd to project future pro status for him at this juncture. Clifford Alexander was more talented than Tilmon and how did his pro career pan out?

I'm being a realist. I'm not the one projecting him as a pro, scouts are. You're salty because he didn't pick us.

Cliff Alexander was more talented? When?

Reactions: Jaycg15
I'm being a realist. I'm not the one projecting him as a pro, scouts are. You're salty because he didn't pick us.
You said "He's a future pro." You didn't attribute that to scouts. If you want to think I'm salty, that's your prerogative. I like Illinois, but they're not my team, so my take on him as lumbering and unreliable isn't because he spurned Illinois.

Cliff Alexander was more talented? When?
In 2014, Cliff Alexander was ranked by Rivals as a 5 star and the No. 4 ranked player in the country. He had some games in Chicago where he outplayed Okafor, the No. 1 ranked star. Last year Tilmon was ranked No. 45 and he had a game where he was demolished by sophomore E.J. Liddell. That Jaycg15 actually liked your ignorant post tells me as much about him as it does about you.

Reactions: KisteK
Hits a lay-up and then immediately starts whoofing at at Illinois kid. I mean gets up on him very agreesively. And right in from of Valentine. Immediate tech. Then throws his arms up as if, "Huh. What. WHo me". THEN, on the next possession gets called for a foul, and again goes into some theatrics. Laughing, throwing his hands up. Valentine gets at him again. He was like this most of the night. Just something you would have to see, really Mile. Explaining it does no justice.

Glad he didn't choose MSU then.

You said "He's a future pro." You didn't attribute that to scouts. If you want to think I'm salty, that's your prerogative. I like Illinois, but they're not my team, so my take on him as lumbering and unreliable isn't because he spurned Illinois.

Well in that case, you're right. We just see things differently. Not sure lumbering is a good description. Unreliable maybe, but that's list freshman bigs.

Well in that case, you're right. We just see things differently. Not sure lumbering is a good description. Unreliable maybe, but that's list freshman bigs.
Will you at least admit that you were wrong in supporting the idea that Tilmon was considered more talented than Alexander? As the rankings indicated, there was a chasm between the two in Alexander's favor.

BTW, "lumbering" was actually an adjective describing Tilmon in a scouting report. The article discussed the idea that Underwood's offense called for a more mobile center who could run the courts relentlessly.

Glad he didn't choose MSU then.
Yeah. High energy kid. Plays hard. But just to emotional. Lets the game get to him to much. I mean he just got a "T".Then goes down the floor, and acts a fool again. SHowing up officials is a no-no. ANd he not only did it once, but twice. A lesser experienced crew may have gotten for #2, and now he's gone.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
Yeah. High energy kid. Plays hard. But just to emotional. Lets the game get to him to much. I mean he just got a "T".Then goes down the floor, and acts a fool again. SHowing up officials is a no-no. ANd he not only did it once, but twice. A lesser experienced crew may have gotten for #2, and now he's gone.
To be fair, that second call he got on attempting to draw a charge could have gone either way.

Will you at least admit that you were wrong in supporting the idea that Tilmon was considered more talented than Alexander? As the rankings indicated, there was a chasm between the two in Alexander's favor.

BTW, "lumbering" was actually an adjective describing Tilmon in a scouting report. The article discussed the idea that Underwood's offense called for a more mobile center who could run the courts relentlessly.
Why would I admit I'm wrong to a claim I never made? Although, I think it's fairly evident that Tilmon is more talented than Alexander based on the eye test alone, but it looks like stats are backing that up as well.

Tilmon was always described as a big with good mobility and footwork. But he's always been raw. @Eric Bossi said he had 5star talent, but his motor dropped him. I'm sure he'd agree that he's outplayed his final ranking.

Alexander ended up being an undersized 5 that wasn't able to overpower and abuse people with his athleticism in college. Their ranking easily could be flipped in retrospect.

I'll bet now that Tilmon is drafted higher.

Why would I admit I'm wrong to a claim I never made? Although, I think it's fairly evident that Tilmon is more talented than Alexander based on the eye test alone, but it looks like stats are backing that up as well.

Tilmon was always described as a big with good mobility and footwork. But he's always been raw. @Eric Bossi said he had 5star talent, but his motor dropped him. I'm sure he'd agree that he's outplayed his final ranking.

Alexander ended up being an undersized 5 that wasn't able to overpower and abuse people with his athleticism in college. Their ranking easily could be flipped in retrospect.

I'll bet now that Tilmon is drafted higher.
You supported a post challenging the idea that Alexander was once considered more talented. The gulf in their rankings clearly indicates that such challenge was ridiculous. It makes no difference what subsequently may be derived from Alexander's production, as the issues pertaining to his disappointing performance are a matter of conjecture. No big deal. If you want to think that a No. 45 ranked player was considered more talented than a No. 4 ranked player that's your prerogative.

You supported a post challenging the idea that Alexander was once considered more talented. The gulf in their rankings clearly indicates that such challenge was ridiculous. It makes no difference what subsequently may be derived from Alexander's production, as the issues pertaining to his disappointing performance are a matter of conjecture. No big deal. If you want to think that a No. 45 ranked player was considered more talented than a No. 4 ranked player that's your prerogative.
Yeah, you're adding all sorts of details that didn't exist with the post I liked. Keep creating your own narrative if you like.

You brought rankings up after that post.

Tilmon has been better in college than Alexander was. Tilmon has better pro potential than Alexander. If you cant see that, you are blind, biased, or bad at evaluating.

Yeah, you're adding all sorts of details that didn't exist with the post I liked. Keep creating your own narrative if you like.

You brought rankings up after that post.

Tilmon has been better in college than Alexander was. Tilmon has better pro potential than Alexander. If you cant see that, you are blind, biased, or bad at evaluating.
I stand by my first sentence that you just quoted relative to the post you gave a like to. What can I say, I'm having a post exchange with the Orange & Blue head of the Jeremiah Tilmon Anti-Defamation Society.

Cliff may be 6’8 and he didn’t have elite athleticism to overcome his height. Tilmon is a good 2-4” taller than him, and he has a better low post game

Cliff may be 6’8 and he didn’t have elite athleticism to overcome his height. Tilmon is a good 2-4” taller than him, and he has a better low post game
Cliff was incredibly strong and was able to post well enough to best Jahlil Okafor on several occasions. His problems stemmed from immaturity and a multitude of the issues that so often plague athletes growing up in shaky urban environment. Chicago has had many sad tales about unfulfilled potential....he is one of them. Leon Smith would be a shining example.

I stand by my first sentence that you just quoted relative to the post you gave a like to. What can I say, I'm having a post exchange with the Orange & Blue head of the Jeremiah Tilmon Anti-Defamation Society.
So, to clarify on that garbled mess of a sentence you just wrote, you stand by your strawman. Got it.

Well, it's hard to argue my side when I don't get to dictate what I'm arguing.

Either way, Tilmon is the better college player and a better professional prospect. If you want to discuss how they played in high school, for some odd reason, that's your prerogative.

Clever insult, nearly.

Cliff was incredibly strong and was able to post well enough to best Jahlil Okafor on several occasions. His problems stemmed from immaturity and a multitude of the issues that so often plague athletes growing up in shaky urban environment. Chicago has had many sad tales about unfulfilled potential....he is one of them. Leon Smith would be a shining example.
And yet he wasn’t tall or athletic enough. He had the length, but he was really raw. Tilmon would be just as raw if he didn’t spend a year at LaLu.

And yet he wasn’t tall or athletic enough. He had the length, but he was really raw. Tilmon would be just as raw if he didn’t spend a year at LaLu.
He must have fooled a lot of scouts to be ranked No. 4 in the country.

So, to clarify on that garbled mess of a sentence you just wrote, you stand by your strawman. Got it.

Well, it's hard to argue my side when I don't get to dictate what I'm arguing.

Either way, Tilmon is the better college player and a better professional prospect. If you want to discuss how they played in high school, for some odd reason, that's your prerogative.

Clever insult, nearly.
Whatever you think is garbled stems from your labored reading comprehension. It's hilarious that you think Tilmon is just what Illinois was missing. If that were true he would have had a field day last night. He didn't.

Whatever you think is garbled stems from your labored reading comprehension. It's hilarious that you think Tilmon is just what Illinois was missing. If that were true he would have had a field day last night. He didn't.

If you had any basketball knowledge, you would've noticed that Illinois' game plan was to deny Missouri the ability to make a post entry. It worked to a tee. When the entry pass made it in, Illinois double teamed him.

Keep insulting. It only shows how little you have to contribute to your side of the "argument". If anything this one-sided, can be actually called that.

Last edited:
He must have fooled a lot of scouts to be ranked No. 4 in the country.
Appeal to authority. They obviously were wrong.

I guess Darko Miličić is actually really really good too. Scouts projected him to be awesome.

Appeal to authority. They obviously were wrong.

I guess Darko Miličić is actually really really good too. Scouts projected him to be awesome.
Two posts in 4 minutes, you must be very frazzled. Did Darko ever school Lebron the way Cliff schooled Okafor? That would be a basis for comparison. Amusing how you go to extremes to rationalize Tilmon's crappy performance.

Mizzou is 4-14 vs. us since 2000. Thanks for the yearly exposure in your state and an early Christmas gift, Miznoz!!

Two posts in 4 minutes, you must be very frazzled. Did Darko ever school Lebron the way Cliff schooled Okafor? That would be a basis for comparison. Amusing how you go to extremes to rationalize Tilmon's crappy performance.
You posted back-to-back, and then criticize me for the same thing? Logic is not your forté.

Straw man. Again.

Extremes? We're discussing the article that made mention of it on our board.

Let's hear your next insult since I know you don't have the basketball acumen to make a point beyond a high school head-to-head matchup. We have an abundance of statistics beyond that to draw from that nullify your take.

You posted back-to-back, and then criticize me for the same thing? Logic is not your forté.

Straw man. Again.

Extremes? We're discussing the article that made mention of it on our board.

Let's hear your next insult since I know you don't have the basketball acumen to make a point beyond a high school head-to-head matchup. We have an abundance of statistics beyond that to draw from that nullify your take.
Your posts get longer and more nonsensical the angrier you get. You cited Bossi and rejected Rivals, and you talk about logic. According to you, being highly ranked is evidence that a prospect likely sucks. You can't make this up.

Your posts get longer and more nonsensical the angrier you get. You cited Bossi and rejected Rivals, and you talk about logic. According to you, being highly ranked is evidence that a prospect likely sucks. You can't make this up.
You're a top notch goal post mover.

Just responding on point to what you posted.
That'd be a first if it were true. It's been nice learning about what I actually meant in my posts.

You know what they say about arguing with a fool. I think I'd rather remain distinguishable from you, so I'm putting you on ignore. Enjoy the left side of the bell curve.

That'd be a first if it were true. It's been nice learning about what I actually meant in my posts.

You know what they say about arguing with a fool. I think I'd rather remain distinguishable from you, so I'm putting you on ignore. Enjoy the left side of the bell curve.
Retreat by the Tilmon groupie. I think the Bossi/Rivals comment stung him. LOL.

Retreat by the Tilmon groupie. I think the Bossi/Rivals comment stung him. LOL.
LOL, just read this exchange between you and Jaycg. Congratulations on really working that clown. Alexander actually put up decent stats for Kansas in his one year there (7.1 ppg and 5.3 rpg), similar to Tilmon's, only Alexander did it for 28 games with a much better team. Alexander actually had the best player efficiency rating of any Kansas big man that year.

Reactions: Silent Banjo
LOL, just read this exchange between you and Jaycg. Congratulations on really working that clown. Alexander actually put up decent stats for Kansas in his one year there (7.1 ppg and 5.3 rpg), similar to Tilmon's, only Alexander did it for 28 games with a much better team. Alexander actually had the best player efficiency rating of any Kansas big man that year.
CA struggled most of the year at KU. He was lost on offense for most part and got called for a ton of fouls on D. He was coming on strong toward the end of the season then got booted off team.

Maybe you will have the balls to take my bet. Banjo didn't. It seems like you're on par with his mental faculties, so this should be easy.

I bet that Tilmon is drafted higher than Alexander was. You name the stakes.

Also, the Kansas big men that year were the worst they'd been in awhile.

Thanks man, although I can't take much pride in it given that he was both a whimpering coward retreating from contending that Alexander never was considered more talented than Tilmon, and a clueless doofus contradicting himself about how Alexander was regarded. When he dissed Rivals yet cited Bossi as a source of expertise, I knew he had lost it. Then bringing up Darko Milicic was the icing on the cake.

He somehow thinks Alexander's foolish and misguided decision to enter the draft as a freshman with a troubled resume should be the litmus test on assessing his ability. :rolleyes: Very likely Tilmon wouldn't be drafted this year either, even if there's no controversy to his season. Of course, with the emphasis on the D-League he just might. Bottom line, Jaycg is probably a Missouri plant (that can be taken both ways) to make Illini fans look dumb.

Reactions: Islero
Maybe you will have the balls to take my bet. Banjo didn't. It seems like you're on par with his mental faculties, so this should be easy.

Hate to break the news to you, but Silent Banjo just cleaned your clock once again. Too bad you have him on ignore and can't read his recent post. BTW, you earlier accused him of being salty because of Tilmon decommitting from Illinois. Perhaps it's the decision Alexander made to shun Illinois for Kansas that made you salty about him. I'm sure you've seen the video of Illini Nation in the collective fetal position over that announcement. While it was cruel that he faked going for the Illinois cap, there was a degree of humor to it, especially given the fan reaction.
morton-salt-girl.jpg

Oh, Merry Christmas.

Hate to break the news to you, but Silent Banjo just cleaned your clock once again. Too bad you have him on ignore and can't read his recent post. BTW, you earlier accused him of being salty because of Tilmon decommitting from Illinois. Perhaps it's the decision Alexander made to shun Illinois for Kansas that made you salty about him. I'm sure you've seen the video of Illini Nation in the collective fetal position over that announcement. While it was cruel that he faked going for the Illinois cap, there was a degree of humor to it, especially given the fan reaction.
morton-salt-girl.jpg

Oh, Merry Christmas.

You realize Tilmon decommitted from illini and went to our rival? How does that fit into your narrative?

I don't concern myself with opinions of guys like the two of you.

I'm not stupid enough to think that a 6' 11" center with more potential and skill is a worse player than a 6' 7" center. You're both at least smart enough to not take my bet apparently. That's surprising.

morton-salt-girl.jpg

Oh, Merry Christmas.
Funny stuff. The numbnutz still thinks his asinine bet proposal has a bearing on how Alexander was once regarded. He was probably one of those guys crying in that video showing Illini fans reaction to Alexander's college pick.

Reactions: Islero
Funny stuff. The numbnutz still thinks his asinine bet proposal has a bearing on how Alexander was once regarded. He was probably one of those guys crying in that video showing Illini fans reaction to Alexander's college pick.

I think Jaycg is the guy sitting on the right (beside the blond chick) wearing those dorky looking sweats

ADVERTISEMENT