ADVERTISEMENT

Braggin' Rights

Jaycg15

Jul 17, 2008
Team
Illinois
Where are all the Mizzou fans at?

Thinking this will be a close game despite what Mizzou fans are saying on their board. Illinois has played everyone tough. It will be time to see if Illinois can finally close a game. They could easily have 0 or 1 losses, but have thrown all of their losses away late.

Illinois has been very strong on the boards (outrebounded the best rebounding team in the country) and at forcing turnovers (something Mizzou is very apt to do). We'll need to do those two things to have a chance.

Mizzou has been shooting the ball above what I consider to be their mean. Will this be the game where they return to earth?

I'll give the keys for an Illinois win. I'd like a Mizzou fan to do the same for their team.

Keys for Illinois:

Win the TO battle.
Put Tilmon in foul trouble
Make 35%+ from 3.
Limit Mizzou to <20 fts

Reactions: Silent Banjo
Guy on the SEC network last night during the Florida game was saying that Mizzou is a better team without Porter. Had to be trolling.

Guy on the SEC network last night during the Florida game was saying that Mizzou is a better team without Porter. Had to be trolling.
Did you see those two minutes with him on the court though? Pathetic.

I feel for Mizzou fans.

Can confirm, losing a potential #1 draft pick and then losing to bad teams does, in fact, suck.

That game should be close. Rivalry game at somewhat of a neutral site. I’d bet Mizzou wins though.

I feel for Mizzou fans.

Can confirm, losing a potential #1 draft pick and then losing to bad teams does, in fact, suck.

That game should be close. Rivalry game at somewhat of a neutral site. I’d bet Mizzou wins though.
We’ve only lost to Utah and West Virginia.

I feel for Mizzou fans.

We’ve only lost to Utah and West Virginia.
Both of which force turnovers at rates similar to Illinois.

Which is why my head is telling me to prep for a loss but my heart is still cutting down nets and bouncing all over the place.

To be fair though that could just be the meth.

I predict it to be close, and Illinois will turn the ball over 5x in the last 1:50 and lose by 4.

The SFA game was a good primer for Mizzou. They don't run the same stuff anymore, but the defensive intensity is what you'll get from Illinois. The offense was a motion offense, but it wasn't the same as what Illinois runs.

Interesting number.

Per KenPom Missouri's Adjusted Tempo is ranked 301st while Illinois is ranked 35th. We're going to get to see two different styles.

Illinois just got their first win over Mizzou this weekend.

I feel for Mizzou fans.

Have you ever been or watched?! It's as neutral site as it gets, dude:

23_spor_UI_MO_BKC_dh1_1.JPG

At least you guys got it within six. Made it look close.
Underwood will do the classy thing and stay out of your locker room. He never does that type of thing.

So glad Illini won. At the beginning of the year, cocky Mizzou fans were practically forming a conga line to celebrate an NCAA title Tilmon proved to be a big time recruit, winning a game for Illinois. Thank God he decommitted!!!

So glad Illini won. At the beginning of the year, cocky Mizzou fans were practically forming a conga line to celebrate an NCAA title Tilmon proved to be a big time recruit, winning a game for Illinois. Thank God he decommitted!!!
If we had Tilmon on this years team we would have 0-1 loss. We have a huge hole in our team and he would fill it nicely. He has performed better than I thought he would so far. Feels good to beat mizzou...again.

If we had Tilmon on this years team we would have 0-1 loss. We have a huge hole in our team and he would fill it nicely. He has performed better than I thought he would so far. Feels good to beat mizzou...again.
Feels... familiar.

Look forward to EJ Liddell. He is going to do well with a real coach and in Orange and Blue.

No, Tilmon would not have staved off Wake Forest and UNLV, the other losses could/should have been avoided.

Tough game for us. Our worst basketball of the year in the first half. But it’s okay, they’ll learn, young group. Blake Haris had a nice game which is good to see from a pg. Idk why you guys are calling him crazy, but I digress. Good game.

Reactions: KisteK
No, Tilmon would not have staved off Wake Forest and UNLV, the other losses could/should have been avoided.
Obviously, no one knows for sure, but he's exactly what we needed against UNLV and WF. Their bigs killed us and the games were closer than the final score indicates due to late game fouling.

Reactions: cmore79
Obviously, no one knows for sure, but he's exactly what we needed against UNLV and WF. Their bigs killed us and the games were closer than the final score indicates due to late game fouling.
Let's just say that you're more enamored with Tilmon than I am, and leave it at that.

Let's just say that you're more enamored with Tilmon than I am, and leave it at that.
You're biased. That statement shows. The guy is a future pro.

You're telling me you wouldn't take a 7ft center that averages 10 points and 5 rebounds per game? Ok.

Reactions: cmore79
What he do?
Hits a lay-up and then immediately starts whoofing at at Illinois kid. I mean gets up on him very agreesively. And right in from of Valentine. Immediate tech. Then throws his arms up as if, "Huh. What. WHo me". THEN, on the next possession gets called for a foul, and again goes into some theatrics. Laughing, throwing his hands up. Valentine gets at him again. He was like this most of the night. Just something you would have to see, really Mile. Explaining it does no justice.

ADVERTISEMENT