ADVERTISEMENT

Bilas Says Trae Young(s) Not Good For Bball

If Trae played for UVA, they might have a top 5 KenPom team of all time with Trae running PnR, Guy splashing 3s, and Bennetts elite D.

If he bought in to our system and philosophy, then I full agree with you. I guess I just don't know if he would be a good fit that way.

Young is tremendous for Oklahoma. I honestly cant even believe what I read at times.

A team that went 11-20 last year and had the 118th ranked offense got an elite talent in their laps that transformed them into a top 25 team and likely 3-5 seed in the ncaa tournament all while single handedly taking them from 118 to top 20 in offense is considered bad for Oklahoma? Lol wat?
Oh good. You are back to look stupid again?

Young is tremendous for Oklahoma. I honestly cant even believe what I read at times.

A team that went 11-20 last year and had the 118th ranked offense got an elite talent in their laps that transformed them into a top 25 team and likely 3-5 seed in the ncaa tournament all while single handedly taking them from 118 to top 20 in offense is considered bad for Oklahoma? Lol wat?
Completely agreed, its like people around here hate high volume players even if they're really efficient.

Trae Young is making college basketball great again. He's must see television.

Oh good. You are back to look stupid again?

tenor.gif

Reactions: jhmossy and bignish
Should have picked Kansas just like Ayton. He's a one man show at OU and everyone knows it now. Teams are only guarding him and daring the rest of OU to try and do something. Unfortunately for them, Young is still trying to play hero ball and do it all by himself. OU is going to continue to nose dive if Young doesn't take a step back and stop chucking up wild shots like he's LaMelo Ball. It hurts your teams far more than it helps.

He has tremendously improved his NBA stock since going to OU and Ayton is mocked as the top pick in the draft

So no.....looks like they made pretty good decisions actually.

He has tremendously improved his NBA stock since going to OU and Ayton is mocked as the top pick in the draft

So no.....looks like they made pretty good decisions actually.
So you're saying that none of that could have happened if they went to KU? They'd also be winning a lot more.

Completely agreed, its like people around here hate high volume players even if they're really efficient.

This is going to be a really entertaining thread when Trae Young dumptrucks Kansas tomorrow. Get some popcorn ready and be sure and stay tuned.

Reactions: KisteK
So you're saying that none of that could have happened if they went to KU? They'd also be winning a lot more.

Young for sure...no he wouldn't have come on the stage as he has.

Ayton....well he's the top pick in a lot of mocks so......how did he make a mistake? All comes down to the tourney....Kansas and Zona will both be there.

I’ve seen you use the 11-20 last year argument over and over. They were a young team learning to play with the graduation of held, cousins, Spangler, etc.

Takes time for those younglings to improve. Oklahoma had talent last year and they have talent this year.

Young simply needs to pass more, and I’m not talking about simply trying to get an assist. Maybe move the ball side to side and look for an easy entry. He has so many turnovers because he is trying to do it all on his own. His turnover rate has grown to over 8/game in conference play. The schtick is up, pass the ball

I’ve seen you use the 11-20 last year argument over and over. They were a young team learning to play with the graduation of held, cousins, Spangler, etc.

Takes time for those younglings to improve. Oklahoma had talent last year and they have talent this year.

Young simply needs to pass more, and I’m not talking about simply trying to get an assist. Maybe move the ball side to side and look for an easy entry. He has so many turnovers because he is trying to do it all on his own. His turnover rate has grown to over 8/game in conference play. The schtick is up, pass the ball

Just so Im understanding you right, you think the guy averaging 9 assists per game in conference play doesnt pass enough? Lol wat?

If he bought in to our system and philosophy, then I full agree with you. I guess I just don't know if he would be a good fit that way.
He wouldn't.
Just so Im understanding you right, you think the guy averaging 9 assists per game in conference play doesnt pass enough? Lol wat?
Why don't you ever mention his turnovers?

He wouldn't.

Why don't you ever mention his turnovers?

His turnovers have nothing to do with passing the ball. He quite obviously passes the ball a ton considering he averages 10 assists per game on a team that struggled mightily to score last season.

Steph Curry averaged less than 4 assists per game for his career at Davidson.

KU is 16-3 without them. Put them on KU and they're easily undefeated right now. KU will also finish with a much better record. Stop being an annoying troll.

I was simply responding to the premise that they somehow made a bad decision yet both have improved their NBA draft stock.

I know it burns you guys when players don't select Duke, UK, or Kansas.

I could make an argument OU would be better with Devonte Graham. You might lose 10 ppg on the player swap but the other players would average a combined 17-20 ppg more.

@Jayhox

Here is the head to head stats tonight

Trae Young 7/9 26 points 9 assists

Devonte Graham. 4/19 11 points 9 assists

Graham is too selfish. You just cant win games when a guard is as selfish as him jacking up 19 shots and only hitting 4. He needs to be more a facilitator like Young, who leads the nation in assists. I wonder if his teammates are going to pull him aside tonight and tell him its not AAU anymore.

Trae Young 7/9 78%
9 assists 5 turnovers

Everyone else on Oklahoma. 21/46
5 assists 11 turnovers

Trae elevated a really poor supporting xast to a win over a loaded Kansas team. Kansas was better at 4 positions out of 5, but Oklahoma had Trae Young and Kansas had Devonte Graham. That, essentially, was the difference in the game.

Last edited:
@Jayhox

Here is the head to head stats tonight

Trae Young 7/9 26 points 9 assists

Devonte Graham. 4/19 11 points 9 assists

Graham is too selfish. You just cant win games when a guard is as selfish as him jacking up 19 shots and only hitting 4. He needs to be more a facilitator like Young, who leads the nation in assists. I wonder if his teammates are going to pull him aside tonight and tell him its not AAU anymore.

Trae Young 7/9 78%
9 assists 5 turnovers

Everyone else on Oklahoma. 21/46
5 assists 11 turnovers

Trae elevated a really poor supporting xast to a win over a loaded Kansas team. Kansas was better at 4 positions out of 5, but Oklahoma had Trae Young and Kansas had Devonte Graham. That, essentially, was the difference in the game.
I was wondering if you two would pick this back up at a later date. Glad I kept tabs on it!

Agreed on all points except calling KU "loaded". They're an above average team imo that relies on jump shooting who a truly "loaded" team like Purdue, Duke or Nova would handle quite easily.

Trae Young just sealed his NPOY bid last night. Poor Bagley :(

We enjoy team basketball. We don’t hate the guy. I dont enjoy watching one guy go at It alone. All game. The way Young played against Kansas was beautiful. He made everyone around him better. He was over the top efficient and guess what? His team won. He instilled his will scoring wise when his team needed it or if it was available. I didn’t see one forced shot that I can recall. He plays like he did against KU, his team will set those screens better, rebound harder, get after it on defense more, .....winning stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT