ADVERTISEMENT

Bigger Monday: Duke @ Miami

Would be cool if I could watch a Duke game without drinking 6 beers each half but a win is a win... Especially on the road. Zone seems to work better now that they're actually executing it fairly well.

Miami is an impressively stupid team. Shooting nothing but deep jumpers lol.

Called this pretty well. Stupid team and selfish to boot. Duke turned it on late but that meltdown was atrocious.

Thanks Wendell Carter. Great defense tonight and top notch O as well. Always glad to leave the ACC road with a W. Grayson needs to show up.

Reactions: tw3301
3-Point Shooting in Conference Play

Duval: 8-20
Allen: 8-41

Yikes.
I don't know what's going on with Allen. I will say, though, his shots are going in the cylinder and rolling out mostly. It's only a matter of time before they start falling again. I cringe a little less now when Duvall shoots. I still cringe, just not as much.

Duke is shooting .379% from three. With your interior, that's nothing to worry about. 58% inside the arc. They're 2nd in the nation at 92.7 PPG only behind Oklahoma.

Turns out, Duke doesn't need the 3 to put up points in a ridiculous manner.

I don't know what's going on with Allen. I will say, though, his shots are going in the cylinder and rolling out mostly. It's only a matter of time before they start falling again. I cringe a little less now when Duvall shoots. I still cringe, just not as much.
I think it is as simple as his shot isn’t falling. He is getting good looks and like you said, he isn’t that far off. I think he will be okay. Shooters go through slumps. Gary Trent went though a good one earlier and now if the ball goes through the hoop and doesn’t hit nothing but net, it’s an upset.

Duval has to take a few of the open looks he is getting. His game is getting in to the lane and he can get there easier if he can get the defense to be honest. I don’t like when he shoots either but it’s a necessary evil imo.

Reactions: tw3301
Duval stole Allen's shooting abilities and assumed a new identity by changing the pronunciation of his first and last name.

The couple of games before this, whatshisname, former player turned announcer, was saying it that way, and I was getting a bit confused.

Reactions: pisgah101
ADVERTISEMENT