ADVERTISEMENT

++ Big XII 2019 ++

The difference seems to be the fact that they are making perimeter shots. When I’ve watched them this year they get good looks but don’t knock them down aside from Vick. Today has been different

Yeah, they won’t shoot like this often. But I do think the offense is much better with Garrett on the bench. The defense doesn’t have to respect him at all and he never makes them pay for it.

Where has this Kansas team been?

I'm not sure where this KU team has been but I guess it's better late than never. On the other hand, today was a damn good win but they have to continue to play with that intensity the rest of the way.

Iowa State is one of 7 teams have in the country with a Kenpom top 20 offense and defense. Big game tomorrow at OU. If we want any chance of winning the conference outright, these are the game you have to win. OU is gonna be pretty desperate for a win as well.

Foul fest in Lubbock. I think wvu has four offensive. 14 between the two teams 8 minutes in. Gross

Foul fest in Lubbock. I think wvu has four offensive. 14 between the two teams 8 minutes in. Gross

They called a lot even late when it was over.

Not a fan of the guy who tripped our player. Dumb and unnecessary.

They called a lot even late when it was over.

Not a fan of the guy who tripped our player. Dumb and unnecessary.

I quit watching after the 1st half. Figured WVU was going for 30 turnovers and it looked like a foul fest. They ended with 26 per the box score lol. TTU is certainly pesky on defense.

Disappointing game last night for anyone (me, for one) that thought Iowa State would be a fun team to de-throne KU. Went through the motions on D for chunks of the game and got absolutely destroyed on the boards. Baylor had 18 offensive rebounds and Iowa State had 20 defensive. That is embarrassing. Hats off to Baylor as well. Worked their tails off and beat a much more talented team on the road.

A couple of massive games coming up with KU visiting Texas Tech and then hosting K-State.

Reactions: KisteK
Disappointing game last night for anyone (me, for one) that thought Iowa State would be a fun team to de-throne KU. Went through the motions on D for chunks of the game and got absolutely destroyed on the boards. Baylor had 18 offensive rebounds and Iowa State had 20 defensive. That is embarrassing. Hats off to Baylor as well. Worked their tails off and beat a much more talented team on the road.

A couple of massive games coming up with KU visiting Texas Tech and then hosting K-State.
As I’ve said before, ISU’s D is very overrated. Maybe they aren’t as bad as some of Hoiberg’s defenses, but they aren’t good. They played a soft noncon and the Big XII is a bad offensive conference this year.

They are good on offense though...but rely too much on the jumpers, and that is an inconsistent approach that can lead to losing games you shouldn’t....though it also has helped them in big wins, like at KSU.

For that matter, I think the league as a whole is greatly overrated this year. Yes there is parity, but the league is weak at the top. The best team very well may be KU(regardless of who wins it) and we’re down 3 starters. We’re borderline top 15ish imo. KSU and ISU are also borderline top 15-20ish teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: KisteK
As I’ve said before, ISU’s D is very overrated. Maybe they aren’t as bad as some of Hoiberg’s defenses, but they aren’t good. They played a soft noncon and the Big XII is a bad offensive conference this year.

They are good on offense though...but rely too much on the jumpers, and that is an inconsistent approach that can lead to losing games you shouldn’t....though it also has helped them in big wins, like at KSU.

For that matter, I think the league as a whole is greatly overrated this year. Yes there is parity, but the league is weak at the top. The best team very well may be KU(regardless of who wins it) and we’re down 3 starters. We’re borderline top 15ish imo. KSU and ISU are also borderline top 15-20ish teams.

Would've agreed a few weeks back, but KU's chemistry and ball movement have improved a lot. I think borderline top 15 is selling them short, especially in a relatively weak field.

Aside from all the careless turnovers in Manhattan, they've looked good for several games now. There isn't a team besides Duke that I don't think they can compete with when they shoot reasonably well.

Would've agreed a few weeks back, but KU's chemistry and ball movement have improved a lot. I think borderline top 15 is selling them short, especially in a relatively weak field.

Aside from all the careless turnovers in Manhattan, they've looked good for several games now. There isn't a team besides Duke that I don't think they can compete with when they shoot reasonably well.
Oh we’re improving, thanks in large part to the emergence of Dotson. That’s why I said we may be the best team in the league even if we don’t win it...cause we weren’t good, and now we’re playing well(not sure if we can come overcome early struggles).

I still think we are only borderline top 15, but maybe look better cause the league is so down. If we had this team last year, we’d have gone 10-8 or 11-7 in the league. We still struggle with depth big-time(see the TCU game). And have no scoring presence down low outside of Lawson, so we’re vulnerable when he’s out or in foul trouble. And we’re still inconsistent shooting the ball.

Now..if Grimes has his ahah moment like Dotson, then maybe I’ll agree this team is legit top 10.

Huge weekend in the big 12 coming up. How do you guys see it finishing now? Lots of big wins happening.

Alright, I'll play. I'll say Texas Tech beats KU at home and then KU beats KSU at home. Leading up to March 9th, Texas Tech sweeps their next 3 after the KU game, KSU slips up and loses at TCU, KU also slips up and loses at OU, Iowa State loses at Texas but wins their other games. That leaves us with the following standings on March 8th:

Kansas State 12-5
Texas Tech 12-5
Kansas 11-6
Iowa State 11-6

On March 9th, Kansas beats Baylor and Iowa State beats Texas Tech in the early games, meaning that if Kansas State beats Oklahoma at home they win outright. KSU is down 12 at halftime, and everyone starts going nuts talking about the possibility of a 4-way tie for the league. KSU defends their asses off in the second half and Brown hits a pull-up 17 footer at the buzzer to win by 1 and end the KU streak.

Iowa St really shit the bed vs Baylor the other night. They're just way too inconsistent from game to game. Maybe a case of too many cooks in the kitchen as there sure are a lot of guys on that team who want the ball?

ADVERTISEMENT