ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor this season...

Is:
1. Shooting 44% from 3 (1st in country)
2. Forcing turnovers on 26% of opp possessions (3rd)
3. Grabbing 38% of their misses (4th)

I mean...are you serious?!

They have the 2nd highest Kenpom rating so far in it’s history behind only 2015 UK. Just above 2008 KU. Damn impressive team. What they lost from last year they replaced with 2-3 contributors.

Is:
1. Shooting 44% from 3 (1st in country)
2. Forcing turnovers on 26% of opp possessions (3rd)
3. Grabbing 38% of their misses (4th)

I mean...are you serious?!

Filthy good. They look slightly better than Gonzaga, IMO. Would be really, really impressive if they could run the table. They're definitely capable of doing that. That backcourt is outrageous. Butler is a lock for 1st Team All-American. But, Davion Mitchell has a legitimate argument for being a 1st Team All-American, too. Just hard to find weaknesses in this team.

Reactions: GE Nole
I really skilled big man could attack this team. Baylor switches on screens because the “center” Vital can guard all 5 positions. Defending the perimeter is the strength, but they haven’t come across a really good inside presence to this point. Oklahoma state (without Cunningham) beat them up on the boards and made it a game before a huge second half run.

The big guy from Illinois got in foul trouble and his backup gave problems inside.

Reactions: duckboy33
I really skilled big man could attack this team. Baylor switches on screens because the “center” Vital can guard all 5 positions. Defending the perimeter is the strength, but they haven’t come across a really good inside presence to this point. Oklahoma state (without Cunningham) beat them up on the boards and made it a game before a huge second half run.

The big guy from Illinois got in foul trouble and his backup gave problems inside.

Well that’s sort of reassuring for us but I’d rather not meet up

Baylor completely neutralized every other player on our team because they could switch everything. Think Kofi would definitely keep it closer a second time around, but their defense shuts down our guards. We're a much different team second half of the season though - as per usual with Underwood teams.

Baylor's next scheduled game is February 20th. Their lack of playing quality bigs is an interesting storyline to follow. Kofi and McCormack both played less than 20 minutes. They did face Greg Brown and Kai Jones, however. Not exactly back to basket bigs, though. And the two games against West Virginia have been postponed, so no showdown against Derek Culver.

It makes you wonder how they might fare against Drew Timme, or another quality big. Gonzaga runs a lot of pick-and-roll action. Nembhard/Suggs to Timme is very effective. I'd be running ball-screens all day long if I were Few.

I’m biased as an Illini fan (for two reasons here!), but is this the most clear-cut #1 and #2 for a season since Illinois and UNC in 2005? Pretty much everyone predicted/wanted them in the NC game in ‘05, and it feels similar this year so far.

Reactions: GE Nole
I think if Baylor doesn't reschedule all or most of these games, they should have to forfeit the Big 12 title. There needs to be a consequence for opting out of game after game.

Reactions: Natienate
I think if Baylor doesn't reschedule all or most of these games, they should have to forfeit the Big 12 title. There needs to be a consequence for opting out of game after game.
To this point they are just "postponed" right? Of course there's no way they are going to make up 7 games at the end of the regular season though.

To this point they are just "postponed" right? Of course there's no way they are going to make up 7 games at the end of the regular season though.

Yeah...exactly.

I heard from someone who talked to Jalen Wilson that KU follows a ridiculous protocol. Masks, gloves, goggles on every plane or bus ride, no food while traveling, no get-togethers outside of team activities, etc.

Baylor apparently isn't willing to do the same. They don't deserve to be rewarded. You can't skip half your league games, including many of the toughest, and expect to be handed the trophy based on percentage.

I wonder how many they'd be postponing if they were forced to forfeit every game that wasn't made up.

They pounded Auburn and Auburn was back, so there is that.

This is why I don’t understand the folks who claim this year won’t have some kind of asterisk. Like, you missed 5 games, and we are just going to pretend everything else is normal?

Baylor may be the best team in a normal year but they are catching some breaks, no doubt.

You covered a zillion point spread. Auburn's back, baby!
LOL at this douche still allowing auburn to stay rent free in his head. I literally own you dude. Within 5 minutes of posting on the basketball board it’s a guarantee I will hook you into a post. Keep sucking my dick bro...

LOL at this douche still allowing auburn to stay rent free in his head. I literally own you dude. Within 5 minutes of posting on the basketball board it’s a guarantee I will hook you into a post. Keep sucking my dick bro...

Don't swing that way, bro. But we know that you could suck a golf ball through a garden hose.

You'd think you'd at least have better taste than a flabby coach who has brought you one good season in 7 years. Then again, I realize this is Auburn and you've reached the tourney like 5 times since the 80s.

Don't swing that way, bro. But we know that you could suck a golf ball through a garden hose.

You'd think you'd at least have better taste than a flabby coach who has brought you one good season in 7 years. Then again, I realize this is Auburn and you've reached the tourney like 5 times since the 80s.
Yep. I still completely own you. You will proved this again the next time I post on this board.

Y'all got beat by double digits. What was the spread? Also, who is your second best player?
Powell is by far. We haven’t gotten a game this season with him and Cooper in lineup at same time. The spread was 15. Are you getting prepared for your annual loss to auburn in basketball coming up?

Powell is by far. We haven’t gotten a game this season with him and Cooper in lineup at same time. The spread was 15. Are you getting prepared for your annual loss to auburn in basketball coming up?
I was just wonder about the spread UT/UGA which is 12.5 UT. Considering UGA beat y'all at home recently by 5, I was wondering why the spread is so high.

Regarding UT/Auburn, I only wish we got to kick y'all's ass twice instead of once in the SEC regular season.

I was just wonder about the spread UT/UGA which is 12.5 UT. Considering UGA beat y'all at home recently by 5, I was wondering why the spread is so high.

Regarding UT/Auburn, I only wish we got to kick y'all's ass twice instead of once in the SEC regular season.

5 straight dude. Even in Tennessee’s best year in 2018-2019 Auburn beat you twice and cost you sec regular season and sec tourney title. Meanwhile Auburn went to the final 4.

5 straight dude. Even in Tennessee’s best year in 2018-2019 Auburn beat you twice and cost you sec regular season and sec tourney title. Meanwhile Auburn went to the final 4.
Smart move is smart. Avoid what I said if you feel it damning and maybe it will just go away. 😉

Smart move is smart. Avoid what I said if you feel it damning and maybe it will just go away. 😉
What’s there To ignore? Auburn owns Tennessee in basketball. I expect it to continue this season as well. Pearl beating Barnes is just normal at this point

What’s there To ignore? Auburn owns Tennessee in basketball. I expect it to continue this season as well. Pearl beating Barnes is just normal at this point
What's to ignore, you say? How about the fact that Auburn is only a hair above .500 and is getting drilled on the the regular. Y'all's delusions of grandeur are strong, but your results are small.

How do you expect Auburn to do in the NCAAT? I doubt the fact that y'all won't be going hasn't set in yet. 😁

What's to ignore, you say? How about the fact that Auburn is only a hair above .500 and is getting drilled on the the regular. Y'all's delusions of grandeur are strong, but your results are small.

How do you expect Auburn to do in the NCAAT? I doubt the fact that y'all won't be going hasn't set in yet. 😁
We aren’t talking about auburns record or the fact we aren’t going to the tourney. We are talking about the fact that Auburn completely owns Tennessee in basketball.

It's all good. They're going to be preseason #1 next season, I've heard. They have the best PG in the country and he's coming back. Next season they'll have 5 first round picks. Just you wait and see.

Reactions: della
ADVERTISEMENT