ADVERTISEMENT

Aside from Auburn the SEC is an embarrassment

You do remember how Auburn embarrassed the SEC in the NCAA tourney last year.
I thought that was Kentucky losing to a 9 seed. Or UT losing to an 11. Nevertheless, the SEC could have done a lot better. ‘Tis a new season though. At least we weren’t UVA lol.

UK does not make the SEC schedule.Laughing Before you make an ass of yourself get familiar with the sport.
lP028eQ.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: UL_1986
its early but it’s ugly. According to the NET rankings only other team that would even make the tourney is Tennessee. Maybe Kentucky will get it together but not counting on it. Looking like a 4 or 5 bid league at best.
Aside from you everyone else on this board looks like a genius.

Reactions: rdgtr
Aside from you everyone else on this board looks like a genius.
Oh my what a jab. I’m sure you snortled quietly to yourself as you hit reply.

In any event gang the NET rankings are out there for all to see. Feel free to educate yourselves. Beware SEC brethren it ain’t pretty.

Reactions: Boytano
Oh my what a jab. I’m sure you snortled quietly to yourself as you hit reply.

In any event gang the NET rankings are out there for all to see. Feel free to educate yourselves. Beware SEC brethren it ain’t pretty.
It isn't pretty and it isn't accurate. My comment wasn't about the rankings as much as it was your idiotic thread title.

Vanderbilt was on the way to what many think would have been a pretty good season until two minutes into the Kent state game Saturday. One of Kent’s players was beaten for a layup by VU’s top player, freshman Darius Garland, so he gave Garland a little shove while he was in the air on the play -- end result was a meniscus injury, season apparently over.

The sneaky, left handed quick shove didn’t get a foul called either, as with the sort of luck VU usually gets with SEC refs. Kent’s players trash talked all night up and down the floor and celebrated like it was the first time they had won a game — bush league.

VU fans don’t seem to think VU is deep enough to go far without Garland and they are heartbroken.

I guess we will see, but VU is not rated high now in the NET.

Last edited:
Reactions: Denim Vest
Vanderbilt was on the way to what many think would have been a pretty good season until two minutes into the Kent state game Saturday. One of Kent’s players was beaten for a layup by VU’s top player, freshman Darius Garland, so he gave Garland a little shove while he was in the air on the play -- end result was a meniscus injury, season apparently over.

The sneaky, left handed quick shove didn’t get a foul called either, as with the sort of luck VU usually gets with SEC refs. Kent’s players trash talked all night up and down the floor and celebrated like it was the first time they had won a game — bush league.

VU fans don’t seem to think VU is deep enough to go far without Garland and they are heartbroken.

I guess we will see, but VU is not rated high now in the NET.
Yeah that does suck. Vandy probably a tourney team with him. Mizzou too before Porter got hurt.

The last time Auburn won in Lexington was January 1988. This is the first year in forever that Auburn has played Kentucky in basketball home and away. Usually Auburn sucks so much they only play once. UK is forced to play all the good SEC teams twice by the SEC office. Finally, Auburn is perceived to be good! It happens ever few decades.RollLaugh

After Pearl gets them on probation things will get back to normal.
I’ve seen you say before that the SEC forces Kentucky to play the good teams. I know the article is fairly recent so I don’t know what happened before then but it says that the conference schedule is based on a rotation of teams. Playing Auburn twice this year with them being a top 10 team is just coincidental.

http://www.secsports.com/article/12970797/sec-men-basketball-schedule-format-announced

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
its early but it’s ugly. According to the NET rankings only other team that would even make the tourney is Tennessee. Maybe Kentucky will get it together but not counting on it. Looking like a 4 or 5 bid league at best.

Kentucky is getting it together. Defense looked good last night for the first time this year. Its a huge focus in practice. Also Cal is using more of a rotation now and limiting minutes to those that aren't producing energy on defense in practice. No need to worry about the Cats, they're going to be right at the top of the SEC as usual....

So. What does that have to do with me idiot.
Huh? You said UVA made it past the first rd when they didn’t.

And I hate to be a stickler but I’ve reported you to the message board authorities for a personal attack. Hopefully you can learn from this.

Best,
Denim

Huh? You said UVA made it past the first rd when they didn’t.

And I hate to be a stickler but I’ve reported you to the message board authorities for a personal attack. Hopefully you can learn from this.

Best,
Denim
You must be confused. I never said UVA made it out of the first round. You said Kentucky lost to a 9 seed. I was saying Kentucky made it past the first round. Where did I mention UVA?

Last edited:
Ever since denim vest upgraded to an iPhone 7 he believes auburn is the only team keeping the sec alive. Tennessee isn’t too bad either. I can’t wait to play auburn and I’m really looking forward to the game thread on here.

Ever since denim vest upgraded to an iPhone 7 he believes auburn is the only team keeping the sec alive. Tennessee isn’t too bad either. I can’t wait to play auburn and I’m really looking forward to the game thread on here.
I thought it was an Iphone 5.

You must be confused. I never said UVA made it out of the first round. You said Kentucky lost to a 9 seed. I was saying Kentucky made it past the first round. Where did I mention UVA?
Cool so did everyone else except UVA. So I don’t know what the hell you were referring to then.

It’s true when you have an iPhone 7 there’s a feeling of superiority but I’ve tried my best here. Y’all just enjoy the show when Auburn is on the court.

I mean yeah UT is ok. Certainly a tournament team. Maybe even a decent seed. They just aren’t on Auburn’s level though.

I thought it was an Iphone 5.
No he had an iPhone 6s he upgraded he said. I love auburn fans you’re all great. I love the comments and the sense of entitlement and belonging in the same discussion as the blue bloods. Truth is pearl is a good coach as long as he doesn’t throw any barbecues or mingle with coeds. Some up fans want him as our coach, I’m not one of them. He’s a very good coach though

Reactions: kl40504
I’ve seen you say before that the SEC forces Kentucky to play the good teams. I know the article is fairly recent so I don’t know what happened before then but it says that the conference schedule is based on a rotation of teams. Playing Auburn twice this year with them being a top 10 team is just coincidental.

http://www.secsports.com/article/12970797/sec-men-basketball-schedule-format-announced
You can believe that all you want. Two years ago UT was not supposed to be good so UK only played them at Knoxville. Missouri was not supposed to be good so UK played them only once. Last year UT and Mizz were slated to be good and UK played them twice.

Last year Auburn was not perceived to be good so UK only played them once at Auburn. This year it is twice.

So again you can believe all you choose to believe that the schedule is random, but it is not. The TV ratings are driven by showing the better teams against each other. UK is always good and the SEC makes money by pairing them against the better SEC teams.

You can believe that all you want. Two years ago UT was not supposed to be good so UK only played them at Knoxville. Missouri was not supposed to be good so UK played them only once. Last year UT and Mizz were slated to be good and UK played them twice.

Last year Auburn was not perceived to be good so UK only played them once at Auburn. This year it is twice.

So again you can believe all you choose to believe that the schedule is random, but it is not. The TV ratings are driven by showing the better teams against each other. UK is always good and the SEC makes money by pairing them against the better SEC teams.
You play Tennessee twice every season. That’s part of the new deal with the SEC scheduling. You will play Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Florida twice every season.

You play Tennessee twice every season. That’s part of the new deal with the SEC scheduling. You will play Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Florida twice every season.
UK did not play Tennessee twice in the 2016-17, only in Knoxville.

Until the 14 team deal UK always played the "east" teams twice. That ended and they have been playing games with the schedules since. Until this year UK never played Auburn twice.

UK did not play Tennessee twice in the 2016-17, only in Knoxville.

Until the 14 team deal UK always played the "east" teams twice. That ended and they have been playing games with the schedules since. Until this year UK never played Auburn twice.
Kentucky played Tennessee on January 24, 2017 and February 14, 2017.

They split the season series that year 1-1.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

The new SEC schedule began with the 2015-2016 season. Kentucky will play Florida, Tennessee and Vanderbilt twice every year afterwards. Then they'll play 2 teams twice and the rest just once. The teams rotating in to play Kentucky twice are listed below.

2016 - LSU and Alabama
2017 - Texas A&M and Georgia
2018 - Missouri and Texas A&M
2019 - Auburn and Mississippi State

ADVERTISEMENT