ADVERTISEMENT

As rosters stand now, how are we feeling, gents?

DO you all get rings and popcorn boxes like Indiana for beating UK?
Gas to Lexington $40
Ticket to the game $60
Silencing Rupp and seeing y'all's dejected faces as you exit the court Priceless 😁

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Gas to Lexington $40
Ticket to the game $60
Silencing Rupp and seeing y'all's dejected faces as you exit the court Priceless 😁
Hell Evansville beat us too. Even they didn't act like UT fans after beating us. But congrats on some regular season wins.

Reactions: crazyqx83
Unfortunately. But, fortunately, they added TyTy too... who also had a KU offer. :cool: Maybe you guys can get Kentucky's sloppy seconds (Hickman) if Gonzaga doesn't poach him first.
They can have Hickman. I'd have taken TyTy, but I'd rather have an experienced transfer. Hopefully they're going hard after Martin. I know KU was near the top of his list coming out of HS.

Hell Evansville beat us too. Even they didn't act like UT fans after beating us. But congrats on some regular season wins.
Don't speak that so loudly. The rest of your fanbase might get the disturbing idea that y'all are the greatest anymore.

Don't speak that so loudly. The rest of your fanbase might get the disturbing idea that y'all are the greatest anymore.
Did UNC add some stats we don't know about? They've reached "arguably the greatest" range.

Well it looks like Hickman is going to Gonzaga. Great addition as a backup point guard. I think that pretty much wraps up what their team will be next year. These should be the 9 players expected to get the most minutes next year.

Point Guard: Andrew Nembhard, Nolan Hickman
SG: Rasir Bolton (Iowa state transfer), Hunter Sallis, Dom Harris
SF: Julian Strawther
PF: Chet Holmgren, Aaron Watson
C: Drew Timme

Reactions: KisteK
Wilson back would be nice.
Martin would fill a need.

Curious about our bigs (nonDave)
Not used to not trusting our point guards

My expectation are pretty low coming off 9-16. I’m not thrilled with the point guard situation as it is. I’ll be happy to make the tournament and start a positive trajectory of steady improvement back towards being a top 3 program again.

Now that our coach is pretty good and apparently not overrated (as he just got in the HOF) I think they will do OK ..

PG: Washington, Wheeler
SG: Allen, Grady, Frederick
SF: Toppin, Hopkins
PF: Brooks, Collins
C: Tshiebwe, Ware

Meh. Sweet Sixteen roster, maybe Elite Eight. I doubt any further than that.
Maybe we can build off it and make some noise next year.

Being positive is good, but I feel like at Kentucky, making some noise shouldn't be a three year process.
I get you, but we're basically starting over (again), so hopefully this can be a "quick fix" per se, and the downtown won't be too bad.

Reactions: JimboBBN
PG: Washington, Wheeler
SG: Allen, Grady, Frederick
SF: Toppin, Hopkins
PF: Brooks, Collins
C: Tshiebwe, Ware

Meh. Sweet Sixteen roster, maybe Elite Eight. I doubt any further than that.
I’m guessing Frederick starts and there’s two of Allen/Grady/Frederick starting and playing a lot of minutes

I’m guessing Frederick starts and there’s two of Allen/Grady/Frederick starting and playing a lot of minutes
I tend to agree. I think Grady is first off the bench with Allen starting at the three. Could be a really good shooting team, maybe Cals best. But our athleticism and defense will be taking quite the hit compared to normal years.

Wanna bet?
Bet? Bet about something that has already happened? That is a silly thing to suggest. Why don't you say, "last year was an oddity and UK will have a better season and sweep UT next year".? I'll come back and say UT will be strong next year and will have a better record and kick UK's ass as usual.

Bet? Bet about something that has already happened? That is a silly thing to suggest. Why don't you say, "last year was an oddity and UK will have a better season and sweep UT next year".? I'll come back and say UT will be strong next year and will have a better record and kick UK's ass as usual.
How bout this? I bet we make a Final 4 before Tennessee does.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
It's hard to measure different types of success.

Unless there's a higher standard bar for success that both agree on.

Ideally UK can win both, but UT fans know only one is an option. They win or lose on message boards.

You a grave digger Rip? Unless you exhume some graves that probably won't be happening. 😁

Wait, you respond about the future/predictive posts, and then turned it to past...and then....nvm.

Too good.
No, I responded to your statement regarding the past. Yawn, be better...

No, I responded to your statement regarding the past. Yawn, be better...
You a grave digger Rip? Unless you exhume some graves that probably won't be happening. 😁
We're all right here. Rip said, I bet we make a FF before UT.

*Ilike your angle of bringing up the past first, then when someone responds, shift the blame. Solid tactic for selling UT? Even though you never brought up Rip's question or bet.

Who makes the FF first? History shows...

Last edited:
Reactions: RipThru
Good news. UT will one day make a FF and shift conversation to Title game.

Bad news. They could win the title and get swept by UK and considerate a losing season.

ADVERTISEMENT