ADVERTISEMENT

As rosters stand now, how are we feeling, gents?

Sounds like both are pretty likely to commit this week. Not sure how I feel about Wheeler. As long as he doesn't shoot and stops turning it over 34 times a game I guess he'll be ok.
You know he did turn it over a bit, but still led the SEC in turnover ratio. He is an assist machine. I think he fits in well with our bigs and wings. He will keep feeding them.

Tennessee picked up some nice pieces and should be solid. The degree of good will depend on chemistry.

Reactions: KisteK
Duke fans, what are these rumblings out of Durham?

UVA roster will be interesting especially if Murphy stays in draft. Looks like he’ll go between 25-40 so I’m sure he will. We’ll probably find a way to finish top 4 in ACC with whoever we have though.

Sounds like both are pretty likely to commit this week. Not sure how I feel about Wheeler. As long as he doesn't shoot and stops turning it over 34 times a game I guess he'll be ok.

I think Cal has done everything right this offseason, but signing a short guard that turns the ball over at a rate Hagans would blush at while being a worse shooter is...

I think Cal has done everything right this offseason, but signing a short guard that turns the ball over at a rate Hagans would blush at while being a worse shooter is...
I think Cal can settle him down in that area. Regardless he did lead the SEC in assists to turnover ratio. He dished out double digit assists in some games. Cal wants him because the kid can penetrate and pass. I think he would be a good addition that compliments Ty Washington. Ty is a lot like Brandon Knight.

I hate articles like these despite the team. Every fanbase has idiots. Even ones that root for a smart school.

And Barnes not effing it up. He sucks. Been proven over and over and over.
13978740.jpg

Show us on this Doll where Barnes hurt you.

• Haha
Reactions: KisteK and cdbearde
13978740.jpg

Show us on this Doll where Barnes hurt you.

Barnes has been a chronic underachiever in March for 20 years. I'm not that guy but UT has had multiple really good teams fall flat when it matters. That 2019 team was really good, blowing it against Purdue in the S16 was bad.

Barnes has been a chronic underachiever in March for 20 years. I'm not that guy but UT has had multiple really good teams fall flat when it matters. That 2019 team was really good, blowing it against Purdue in the S16 was bad.
Tennessee was down 15 for a lot of that game. They lost to a better team

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
That is ridiculous. Barnes overachieved from the start at Tennessee. He initially took 2 & 3 stars and turned them into valuable players that were able to compete at a high level. Fouling a three point shot to allow someone to get it into OT was a bad play, but it wasn't on Barnes.

That is ridiculous. Barnes overachieved from the start at Tennessee. He initially took 2 & 3 stars and turned them into valuable players that were able to compete at a high level. Fouling a three point shot to allow someone to get it into OT was a bad play, but it wasn't on Barnes.
It's hard not to overachieve at UT.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
It's hard to underachieve at UK, but somehow y'all manage to do it, so hats off to y'all.
I know right. It's super hard to. That's what makes it so rare.

Also the fact that our standards and everyone else's standards are Championship or bust. It's hard, but comes with being UK.

I know right. It's super hard to. That's what makes it so rare.

Also the fact that our standards and everyone else's standards are Championship or bust. It's hard, but comes with being UK.
I don't count myself alone in still wanting to know the score in y'all's Transylvania game. That could be another feather in your cap.

• Haha
I feel more optimistic going into this season than I did going into last season. Said it plenty on the homebound past year when everyone was drinking the kool-aid we were gonna have problems. I sure as hell didn't expect the worst season in school history, but fans were proclaiming they were a Final Four team and even Ronnie Milsap could see that wasnt true.

Adding TyTy, presumably Wheeler, we'll be fine this year. Still feels like a Sweet 16 or Elite 8 type roster at best, but honestly I don't think any of us really know because we have so many new transfer pieces, not just the usual inexperienced freshmen. Coaching staff shakeup. Supposedly a new look offense. So I really have no clue what to expect. It sure as hell seems like Coach Cal has found a new fire and is out there getting after it. So, I'm cautiously optimistic. Our roster still isn't even finalized.

I feel more optimistic going into this season than I did going into last season. Said it plenty on the homebound past year when everyone was drinking the kool-aid we were gonna have problems. I sure as hell didn't expect the worst season in school history, but fans were proclaiming they were a Final Four team and even Ronnie Milsap could see that wasnt true.

Adding TyTy, presumably Wheeler, we'll be fine this year. Still feels like a Sweet 16 or Elite 8 type roster at best, but honestly I don't think any of us really know because we have so many new transfer pieces, not just the usual inexperienced freshmen. Coaching staff shakeup. Supposedly a new look offense. So I really have no clue what to expect. It sure as hell seems like Coach Cal has found a new fire and is out there getting after it. So, I'm cautiously optimistic. Our roster still isn't even finalized.
I give Calipari credit. The fans wanted heads to roll and he gave it to them. Also the fact that *no jinx*, we might actually be a shooting team. That's also credit.

Shoot, we might actually have multiple Kentucky players with some PT as well. It should be fun. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: cdbearde and CB3UK
I think we need Keion back...feels like JR yr KB will blow up. You never know how these teams will come together, we all know the locker room problems we had this year. My gut just says as negative ad this past season was, it's gonna do a total 180 and just be a fun fun season for us. Reminiscent of the 2011 Brandon Knight team. May be a few losses but overall tough hard nosed and fun. Definitely don't feel like this is some 32-4 team. But could very well be a 8-9 loss team and a tourney terror. How well the guard play comes together is going to be the tale. Same question mark entering last year.

Never understood how that was a good idea. "You're going to play with the same 4 guys all year because it'll make you better".
It wasn't exactly like that, they did mix it up a little. But most teams aren't playing 10 deep either, with 8 of them averaging over 20 mpg. I think it does make sense, for the most part, to have the same guys playing together at the same time because they learn each other's tendencies and the more you play together the more comfortable and better you get. Cal did say he'll never do it again, but it's hard to argue the results.

It wasn't exactly like that, they did mix it up a little. But most teams aren't playing 10 deep either, with 8 of them averaging over 20 mpg. I think it does make sense, for the most part, to have the same guys playing together at the same time because they learn each other's tendencies and the more you play together the more comfortable and better you get. Cal did say he'll never do it again, but it's hard to argue the results.
2 wins away from everyone doing platoons.

I don't count myself alone in still wanting to know the score in y'all's Transylvania game. That could be another feather in your cap.
The fact that Rick Barnes is 123-74 at Tennessee and you are ecstatic with it speaks volumes. RollLaugh

Reactions: JimboBBN

The fact that Rick Barnes is 123-74 at Tennessee and you are ecstatic with it speaks volumes. RollLaugh
The fact y'all are coming off the worst season in your history and giving me shit about it speaks more.

• Haha
Reactions: KisteK and cdbearde
The fact y'all are coming off the worst season in your history and giving me shit about it speaks more.
It really does. Being the all time best has it perks of not tucking tail and running when times are tough. I noticed some UT fans did that from the football board.

No one can accuse us of being bandwagon.

It really does. Being the all time best has it perks of not tucking tail and running when times are tough. I noticed some UT fans did that from the football board.

No one can accuse us of being bandwagon.
Of course they can. You guys think there is only one college sport played. You live on the cbb board 365/yr.
The only reason for that is y’all only follow the only team y’all have that is ever worth a crap.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I like Barnes. He is a good coach and a good fit at UT. His underachieving in the tourney knock is legit and well earned though. He kind of sucks in the dance.

Reactions: JimboBBN
ADVERTISEMENT