ADVERTISEMENT

Are you scared to get beat up?

I usually beat up at least 2 people a week just to make sure I still got it.

.....Nah, ive literally been in one fight in my entire life and it's because I was sloppy drunk. He had about 5 inches and 50 lbs on me. I hit him as hard as I could and he didn't budge. I realized then that I should probably never fight again.
Yeah, next time someone says, "Go Big Orange" it is probably best that you just let it go.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
@IUfanBorden
I thought I posted this last night, but I wanted to say it was nice talking to you.
Take it easy sir and heal up, your health is your life. 😉
You too, man....My wife was like---"Baby, were you on the phone at 3 this morning.....?---Naaah, sweety, you were dreaming again.. 🤣 .

MRI for the shoulder in the morning.

Call anytime,brother...Enjoyed the chat.

BTW---Random said---"BRING.IT.ON"😁

You too, man....My wife was like---"Baby, were you on the phone at 3 this morning.....?---Naaah, sweety, you were dreaming again.. 🤣 .

MRI for the shoulder in the morning.

Call anytime,brother...Enjoyed the chat.

BTW---Random said---"BRING.IT.ON"😁
That's what I am talking about, I don't want an average size guy to see if I still have it, I want a big young man, bigger than me. An old man told me when I was twenty that there is two people you don't want mess with. One that is scared of you because he will do anything, or an old man because he has lived his life and doesn't have much to lose. I fit one of them.
I guess I am just a random guy. 🤣 🤣 🤣

That's what I am talking about, I don't want an average size guy to see if I still have it, I want a big young man, bigger than me. An old man told me when I was twenty that there is two people you don't want mess with. One that is scared of you because he will do anything, or an old man because he has lived his life and doesn't have much to lose. I fit one of them.
I guess I am just a random guy. 🤣 🤣 🤣
I saw a news story (or something 🤔) where this younger man was about to get into an altercation with this much older man, and the OM said “you’re either going to beat up an old man, or you’re going to get your ass kicked by one. Neither outcome makes you look good.”

It was awesome.

Lol I know you want to hear that I got my ass beat but surprisingly I didn't even get hit. I went to throw another punch and his buddy tackled me into a bush. Me and that guy rolled around trying to win the wrestling match and my buddies jumped in to fight the other guys. Then it got broken up by security at the hotel.

It was Cat on Cat crime. We were all UK fans in Nashville for the SECT.
Were you guys fighting over who got to bang your cousin first?

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
If you have an even semi-decent job, there is almost never a good excuse to get into a fight now a days. This isn’t the ‘80s, where people got in fights more because it was simply less serious of a legal situation … I’ve seen one too many guys get in a fight for a “good” reason (punk at a bar literally throwing shit at girls we were with) only to get fired from a great job, lose a ton of money and not really have any of the girls be happy or thankful the way things turned out.

If you have an even semi-decent job, there is almost never a good excuse to get into a fight now a days. This isn’t the ‘80s, where people got in fights more because it was simply less serious of a legal situation … I’ve seen one too many guys get in a fight for a “good” reason (punk at a bar literally throwing shit at girls we were with) only to get fired from a great job, lose a ton of money and not really have any of the girls be happy or thankful the way things turned out.
Screen name does NOT check out.

I’m 39 so still young enough to think I can inflict damage but old enough to know there’s always a bigger dog.

I have not been in a fight since the 7th grade. When I graduated high school I was the 5'11" 140 pounder. No one wanted to fight me, because if they did it would not count. "Oh yes, boy you whipped a wimp". "So what".

I learned there were always ways to getting around a fight. My dad was a little fellow also and he always told me that if you get in a fight don't fight fair. There are baseball bats, pistols, sticks and dirt. DON'T FIGHT FAIR!

I have not been in a fight since the 7th grade. When I graduated high school I was the 5'11" 140 pounder. No one wanted to fight me, because if they did it would not count. "Oh yes, boy you whipped a wimp". "So what".

I learned there were always ways to getting around a fight. My dad was a little fellow also and he always told me that if you get in a fight don't fight fair. There are baseball bats, pistols, sticks and dirt. DON'T FIGHT FAIR!

I had a physics teacher who said the same thing. If something is worth fighting over, it’s worth fighting dirty over.

Yeah, says the dude who would address me as sir with his head down if he ever met me.
Aren’t you a teacher? I truly love the lengths some of you go to on this board to feel better about yourselves.

I don't know what that means, but it sort of feels like you are taking this all a little too seriously. I wasn't trying to insult you, man. Just screwing around.

Last edited:
I don't know what that means, but it sort of feels like you are taking this all a little too seriously. I wasn't trying to insult you, man. Just screwing around.
I will call you "Sir" Coryfly. I will actually mean it.

We would end up talking for hours and mostly agree on things.

Same way with Borden and Hawkit. We see the same things and only root for different teams. Of course Borden is dumb about Indiana and Hawkit is dumb about Iowa. I am brilliant on Kentucky! :)

The only thing I fear is not being able to protect my wife. I don’t particularly care for taking shit from a-holes, so as I age, I fear that some jerkwad will direct shit towards my wife and I won’t be able to properly shield her from such negative attention. That’s why I no longer will take the wife with me to away ball games. I’ve seen far too many rival fans target their anger towards visiting female fans who were doing nothing more than cheering for their team.

I will call you "Sir" Coryfly. I will actually mean it.

We would end up talking for hours and mostly agree on things.

Same way with Borden and Hawkit. We see the same things and only root for different teams. Of course Borden is dumb about Indiana and Hawkit is dumb about Iowa. I am brilliant on Kentucky! :)

Yeah, that's the thing. I would call everyone here sir and not think twice. That is just how I was raised. I agree. I was just giving it back to the guy a little. We would probably get along great in real life.

• Love
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
The only thing I fear is not being able to protect my wife. I don’t particularly care for taking shit from a-holes, so as I age, I fear that some jerkwad will direct shit towards my wife and I won’t be able to properly shield her from such negative attention. That’s why I no longer will take the wife with me to away ball games. I’ve seen far too many rival fans target their anger towards visiting female fans who were doing nothing more than cheering for their team.
I have been called a bunch of bad names at away games but never roughed up. Of course that was when I was able to walk up 100 steps to my seat. Now they would simply roll me down those 100 steps! 😂

Not protecting my wife would hurt the ego. We men can't really handle that. Of course that is why God invented pistols.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I have been called a bunch of bad names at away games but never roughed up. Of course that was when I was able to walk up 100 steps to my seat. Now they would simply roll me down those 100 steps! 😂

Not protecting my wife would hurt the ego. We men can't really handle that. Of course that is why God invented pistols.
I’m not even close to being a bad ass, but I AM highly protective of my wife. So, someone disrespecting her could very well lead to a physical altercation.

No one likes it, but it's better than being a coward.
No, but I avoid situations now where I could get in fights. Use to be that a fist fight was just a fist fight and would stay that way. Nowadays, I don't trust that.

Just turned 47, for the record...since I see everyone is listing their ages.

I’ve had lots of dust ups on the ice just playing mens league hockey, but I think only one in the last 15 years where both people dropped the gloves and squared up. Weight was a bout the same but I had a reach advantage. Dropped the kid with one punch, a clean over hand right. Went in for the kill and he reached up and eye gouged me. We became buddies after that which is pretty much how all hockey fights go.

Edit: for got to mention it was a couple weeks before my wedding and I ended up with a shiner from the eye gouge. Wife was not happy, but also turned on cause she likes bad boys :)

39, and I haven’t been in an actual fight since I was 19 or 20. I don’t shy away from confrontation, but I think most people don’t actually want to throw down when you reach a certain age. Most of us have too much to lose (career, etc) unless it’s pure self defense. It’s just not worth it.
Just not worth a potential assault charge as an adult imo

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
ADVERTISEMENT