ADVERTISEMENT

Are UK fans the Best at Being Unapologetic?

FF's are accomplishments and are worthy of a banner. IMO fans of teams that rail against them are the ones that don't have them. 64 teams start out with the hopes of making it to the final weekend and to downplay it is silly. No other sport with a single elimination format can compare but I do know every blueblood fan on here views it as a major deal with the a title as the ultimate prize.
Teams aren't doing anything. It is really more about fans that don't believe in participation awards that think they are a stupid brag and especially if the brag is about something that happened decades ago.

Teams aren't doing anything. It is really more about fans that don't believe in participation awards that think they are a stupid brag and especially if the brag is about something that happened decades ago.

All the blue bloods have been to a FF in the past 10 years. The participation angle is how that particular school views FF's and If Tennessee make it to one I bet they will hang a banner acknowledging it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
All the blue bloods have been to a FF in the past 10 years. The participation angle is how that particular school views FF's and If Tennessee make it to one I bet they will hang a banner acknowledging it.
A banner isn't bragging. Do you lose Blue blood status if you haven't had a FF or better in 10 years? Asking cause some some are getting close. 😆

I'm the consistent one and you are not. So, it is you that moves the goal post. Thank you for being the first Cat to show some fight. However, since Barnes it is the Vols that usually kick ass and he has a fine team now.

Btw, did you know that Tennessee has beaten Kentucky more than anyone else? The gap is narrowing under Barnes. 🙂

You are consistently silly, I will give you that. Your FF philosophy is absurd, but as a UT basketball fan your complete lack of understanding is hardly surprising. How could you know, you all have never been there. Not in over one hundred years (pitiful).

Kentucky has beaten Tennessee 157 (!) times.

What you call a "gap" is more like the Grand Canyon. There is so much distance between Kentucky (champions) and Tennessee (losers) that even if Kentucky simply stopped playing basketball for the next century you still wouldn't catch up.

We know this to be a fact, because Tennessee actually did hang a banner for making the Final Four....of the NIT.

lol

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
You are consistently silly, I will give you that. Your FF philosophy is absurd, but as a UT basketball fan your complete lack of understanding is hardly surprising. How could you know, you all have never been there. Not in over one hundred years (pitiful).

Kentucky has beaten Tennessee 157 (!) times.

What you call a "gap" is more like the Grand Canyon. There is so much distance between Kentucky (champions) and Tennessee (losers) that even if Kentucky simply stopped playing basketball for the next century you still wouldn't catch up.
Ah Shucks, I think you're silly too. 🙂

The point is the gap doesn't matter. What matters is this CBB year. UT has wider gaps against UK percentage wise against UK in other major sports. That doesn't matter either. Is your need to feel superior so strong that you just want to ignore today? Do you just want to sweep under the rug Barnes mastery of UK? Since I never deny UK's rich past you choosing to change the argument to ancient past is you moving the goalposts.

You realize what bragging is don't you? It is verbally boasting. A FF is nothing but a position in a tournament. It should not be a goal any more than saying a team is a runner up candidate.

"This team is a runner up type team". See how stupid that sounds? Brag about winning the Championship, but it is petty and stupid to brag about being a FF. Should UT fans brag about making the 32 to UK fans cause they got peacocked in the 64? Of course not, it would be stupid and petty. No one should brag about losing.

If it's dumb to brag about final fours, then isn't it dumber to brag about beating a team that hasn't even been that far in nearly a decade? :cool:

Of course no fan of a decent team should brag about reaching the 2nd round. All it takes is one victory over a weak team. To win a region, you have to actually beat real teams along the way and do it several times in a row.

If winning a regional final is nothing to write home about, why has Tennessee never done it? You think they're a good program, right?

Final Four is A goal. Not THE goal. The goals are: win your league, win the conference tourney, earn a high seed, reach the final four, win it all. Winning it all is the only higher goal. Trust me, if conference titles or big regular season wins were more important, I'd be the first to say it, because KU has a shitload of both. No program is better in those areas.

Della,

Is Barnes the guy to finally get UT to the Final Four after going 0-120?
Barnes is the guy to whoop UK's ass. Who knows what he will do in the tourney. I'd trade sweeping y'all this year over getting our ass beat in the FF vs E8 or 32. Why? Because unless you win a national title you lost.

If it's dumb to brag about final fours, then isn't it dumber to brag about beating a team that hasn't even been that far in nearly a decade? :cool:
Do you understand rivalries? Do y'all have a rivalry with the FF? 🤣

Barnes is the guy to whoop UK's ass. Who knows what he will do in the tourney. I'd trade sweeping y'all this year over getting our ass beat in the FF vs E8 or 32. Why? Because unless you win a national title you lost.

OK, you could have just said no.

We already understand Kentucky is your super bowl and the standard by which you measure yourselves - no sense to keep repeating that part.

Doesn't mean they equate it to a tourney title. Which they obviously don't.

Why don't you clowns ever mention that UNC does too? Are you just that singularly obsessed with KU?🤣
good-boy-dog.gif

Why would you jump on their side? Glad to see you getting your reward.😆

Someone needs to do a legit sit-down one on one with Kansas for hanging that Helms Title bullshyt. It's shameful.

Hell if Kentucky counted Helms Titles as championships we'd be ahead of freaking UCLA.

Why don't you clowns ever mention that UNC does too? Are you just that singularly obsessed with KU?🤣

Btw, even in the scenario that you were claiming Helms as nat'l titles, you can't claim multiple titles for the same year, goof.

OK, you could have just said no.

We already understand Kentucky is your super bowl and the standard by which you measure yourselves - no sense to keep repeating that part.
UK is a super bowl that we win with regularity. 😁

Bert's a clown and he has me on ignore. KU fans are just like UNC fans because some think they have to check with them to decorate your house. UNC honors that 1924 Helms team, nothing more nothing less.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Bert's a clown and he has me on ignore. KU fans are just like UNC fans because some think they have to check with them to decorate your house. UNC honors that 1924 Helms team, nothing more nothing less.
Bert likes to dish it out, but has a glass jaw.

• Haha
Reactions: AWilli6995

Yeah…some struggle with this concept. They think KU is trying to equate it to a tourney title. LOL.

I probably wouldn’t hang them, but why’s it such a huge deal? It’s definitely less embarrassing than a lot of banners that are hung.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Yeah…some struggle with this concept. They think KU is trying to equate it to a tourney title. LOL.

I probably wouldn’t hang them, but why’s it such a huge deal? It’s definitely less embarrassing than a lot of banners that are hung.

UNC hangs that Helms banner because that team went undefeated, that's it.

Last edited:
Do you understand rivalries? Do y'all have a rivalry with the FF? 🤣

If you brag to your rival about beating them in a year in which they finished 9-16, then it would also make sense to brag about much bigger accomplishments, like advancing further in the tourney.

You can spin it all you want, but at the end of the day, you know I'm right. 🤣

good-boy-dog.gif

Why would you jump on their side? Glad to see you getting your reward.😆

I didn't take their side. I didn't even know the context of the argument. I just think it's silly to pretend like final four appearances aren't a measure of success in CBB. We all know differently.

Except Kevin apparently. He probably just took that position because you have knockers. 🤣

• Haha
If you brag to your rival about beating them in a year in which they finished 9-16, then it would also make sense to brag about much bigger accomplishments, like advancing further in the tourney.

You can spin it all you want, but at the end of the day, you know I'm right. 🤣
I just spin the truth and it is a web that catches you. I actually felt sorry for UK in their 9-16 year. UK fans are zero fun when they vanish. I pulled for them against UM, cause I felt a loss there would cripple their spirit.

Well, that kinda sums you up.

Well, that and this:

3387621408f61d83307c2c28a442af6d.gif

The context of your pissing match is irrelevant to my argument. If your stance on the matter changes depending on the argument, it's just further proof that you're being disingenuous. 😁

I just spin the truth and it is a web that catches you. I actually felt sorry for UK in their 9-16 year. UK fans are zero fun when they vanish. I pulled for them against UM, cause I felt a loss there would cripple their spirit.
That's a pretty weak rivalry if you feel sorry for them when they're faced with a little adversity.

Missouri could go winless for the next 50 years and I'd laugh my ass off after every loss.

Well, that and this:

3387621408f61d83307c2c28a442af6d.gif

The context of your pissing match is irrelevant to my argument. If your stance on the matter changes depending on the argument, it's just further proof that you're being disingenuous. 😁
My pissing match has precedence as it is the subject of the thread and therefore your position is 100% irrelevant 😎

That's a pretty weak rivalry if you feel sorry for them when they're faced with a little adversity.

Missouri could go winless for the next 50 years and I'd laugh my ass off after every loss.
It is what it is. I try to be mean, but I have too big of a heart. It is my only weakness, but I’m working on it.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Won't lie, when MD made their first final four in 2001, I was soo incredibly pumped!!

Just my opinion, final fours deserve to be celebrated because of how tough it is to make them..
How about tourney runner up? Isn’t that Better than a FF? Should that be celebrated?

Where is the line between celebrating getting your ass kicked and mourning a loss?

Reactions: Noahtogo24
How about tourney runner up? Isn’t that Better than a FF? Should that be celebrated?

Where is the line between celebrating getting your ass kicked and mourning a loss?
All depends on that team's expectations entering that season.

My corny thinking, it's all about the journey- so seeing Gary Williams come back to MD and lead us to our first final four ever, was incredibly thrilling. Do we have the history like Kentucky- heck no!! However, nobody is stopping me from celebrating any final fours MD makes in the future :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT