ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone here used to collect sport cards.

It's easy to find the lists, he average ~30. however, I realize nostalgia is probably playing a part in my opinion. Maybe you're right. However, he's still going to be record holder, in multiple categories, for the rest of our lives. I understand ppl doing great in lesser years.

Fun conversation btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: schoonerwest
It's easy to find the lists, he average ~30. however, I realize nostalgia is probably playing a part in my opinion. Maybe you're right. However, he's still going to be record holder, in multiple categories, for the rest of our lives. I understand ppl doing great in lesser years.

Fun conversation btw.
I love all time baseball talk as much as I love all time CBB talk. Like I said earlier I don’t really care either way about the Rose argument. I just think that he’s trending down all time lists so that’s the position I took.

He’s really trending downward with the younger crowd. They have completely different takes on the game than people like our parents had growing up (and really even than guys like you and me probably had). My dad will think HR, RBI and BA are the only stats that matter and he will never change his mind. I still look at them first but I’ve come around to realize that they don’t mean nearly as much as they used to. Old habits are hard to break though I guess. Atleast I don’t look at a pitchers W/L and judge him on that.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Your list is flawed, in my opinion. Rose is by far at least 10-15 better than some on your list...

ADVERTISEMENT