ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Davis to the Lakers!

Lakers realistically have 3 options at guard to sign in Free Agency.

Kemba Walker, Jimmy Butler, and DLo

I doubt it’s the 3rd.

Nothing is a guarantee. Especially when you are relying on Lebron in his descending years and one KD injury to AD away from selling your immediate future away for nothing. Then throw in Lebron's bitchy attitude and cancer to chemistry, dumb.
Yeah, EIGHT straight NBA finals with attitude/chemistry shortcomings. Must be a bitch having L.James on your team.

Very true. BUT....he doesn't play like a 28 year-old either. And he won't. He's also coming off an injury that cost him,what---20 somethng games? Who knows how he recovers from that? But my point is, he's 35......Davis is what, 25/26? Even if Davis were to sign a long term deal, he won't be playing with a LBJ in his prime. By the time Davis is going into his 4th year, James will be pushing 40. No matter how well you take of your body, father time is eventually going to restrict your abilities.
The Lakers are probably not counting on LBJ for more than 3 top yrs., up front. He had a groin pull last X-mas, not a ruptured achilles or other long-term issue. Given that the guy uses a hyperbaric chamber along with other cutting edge methods of staying in shape, he's probably ahead of the aging curve for elite athletes. Don' bet against the Lakers, just yet.

My WIFE occasionally has a "bitchy attitude" . Who cares if a superstar isn't up for the sweetheart award every year ? Did LBJ get D. Wade & C. Bosh somewhere ? How 'bout Kyrie & K. Love ?? The NBA ain't golf.
Lebron loves him some...Lebron.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
My WIFE occasionally has a "bitchy attitude" . Who cares if a superstar isn't up for the sweetheart award every year ? Did LBJ get D. Wade & C. Bosh somewhere ? How 'bout Kyrie & K. Love ?? The NBA ain't golf.
I think you found an argument that doesn't exist. Take a breather. You Lebitch fluffers get so bent out of shape over anything critical said about him even when you can't dispute what was said.

I think you found an argument that doesn't exist. Take a breather. You Lebitch fluffers get so bent out of shape over anything critical said about him even when you can't dispute what was said.
Gee, Dukie, just what argument would that be ?? Lebitch fluffers ?? " Bent out of shape " ?? As soon as someone with at least a microscopic piece of credibility lends us something more worthy of debate than "bitchy attitude"...…….we can resume the conversation.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Nothing is a guarantee. Especially when you are relying on Lebron in his descending years and one KD injury to AD away from selling your immediate future away for nothing. Then throw in Lebron's bitchy attitude and cancer to chemistry, dumb.
something to be said for this, but to give up a top 5 MVP caliber player and not get arguably LA's best player back in return not named Lebron?

Gee, Dukie, just what argument would that be ?? Lebitch fluffers ?? " Bent out of shape " ?? As soon as someone with at least a microscopic piece of credibility lends us something more worthy of debate than "bitchy attitude"...…….we can resume the conversation.
I didn't start this debate. I made a comment about Lebron being a cancer to chemistry and having a bitchy attitude. I never criticized his talent. You got all butthurt and defensive responding with some nonsense about his multiple title appearances and how somehow it was him that took Bosh, Wade, Irving and Love somewhere and not that they helped take him somewhere. If you want to have that debate, take it somewhere else, I don't give a shit. My comments involved Lebron, they weren't the focal point of the argument. You just saw something critical about him and got emotional.

something to be said for this, but to give up a top 5 MVP caliber player and not get arguably LA's best player back in return not named Lebron?
Sure. But let's say this doesn't work for the Lakers and they suck. They are potentially giving up 3 lottery picks. It may be a short term success though, like the Marlins in baseball a few years back. But if it doesn't work, they will have a lot of egg on their faces.

Reactions: dtgold88
I didn't start this debate. I made a comment about Lebron being a cancer to chemistry and having a bitchy attitude. I never criticized his talent. You got all butthurt and defensive responding with some nonsense about his multiple title appearances and how somehow it was him that took Bosh, Wade, Irving and Love somewhere and not that they helped take him somewhere. If you want to have that debate, take it somewhere else, I don't give a shit. My comments involved Lebron, they weren't the focal point of the argument. You just saw something critical about him and got emotional.
Emotional ? Yeah, I'm just having a complete breakdown over here. Heartrate way up. Skaking like a leaf. Jesus.
Just remembered , by the way, how Scottie Pippin and Dennis Rodman " took Michael Jordan somewhere, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.
I guess Anthony Davis will just have to hope that Lebron's " chemistry cancer " is in remission and all that "bitchiness" doesn't get in the way of the team's success, huh ?

Emotional ? Yeah, I'm just having a complete breakdown over here. Heartrate way up. Skaking like a leaf. Jesus.
Just remembered , by the way, how Scottie Pippin and Dennis Rodman " took Michael Jordan somewhere, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.
I guess Anthony Davis will just have to hope that Lebron's " chemistry cancer " is in remission and all that "bitchiness" doesn't get in the way of the team's success, huh ?
So emotional.

Sure. But let's say this doesn't work for the Lakers and they suck. They are potentially giving up 3 lottery picks. It may be a short term success though, like the Marlins in baseball a few years back. But if it doesn't work, they will have a lot of egg on their faces.
Agreed.....and it wont work because it did for Toronto, but I'd bet they are glad they took an even bigger risk. Bigger, because I doubt anyone thought Kawhi would stay while AD has said he will stay (I know...he can change his mind).

Never understood why so many think everything must be 100% one way or the other.

How about this.....Lebron's a great player, in conversation for GOAT AND he can have a bitchy attitude who causes chemistry issues.
Yeah, there'll always be the 100%-ers. The point here, though, was more about what importance does /has attitude & personal relationships played in the career of (arguably) the 2nd best player of all-time.

I think they need a formidable point guard like Kemba or Westbrook.
Holiday is a good player but he’s not the answer with his inflated contract. Zion is going to have to carry the load along with who they pick 4th. Zion is a highlight reel and exciting player, but the nba is much different. He won’t get the calls he got in college, and he will have to play within himself and not try to do it all. He desperately needs to work on ft shooting and his job shot, because he won’t be able to bulldoze people over in the league. They are just as fast and strong.

As for the lakers, rondo is serviceable for now, maybe they draft a pg or find one in free agency but they need someone that lebron will let operate. He needs to be able to trust the guy running the show like he does with rondo. They need another max guy and a highly paid proven pg. glad they got rid of ball he was useless. I’m sure they regret not taking Fox who is 4 times the player ball is .

All y'all saying NO made out with this trade are smoking something.

The Pels are now the 2018-19 lakers... Except trade LeBron for Zion, Rondo for holiday, Kuzma for randle and add the worst #4 pick of the last 15 years. And they get 2 more first rounders from the lakers that will be 25 or later.

Lakers dropped a headcase with a bigger headcase father, an underachiever and a role player and got AD. Lakers steal.

The Lakers are probably not counting on LBJ for more than 3 top yrs., up front. He had a groin pull last X-mas, not a ruptured achilles or other long-term issue. Given that the guy uses a hyperbaric chamber along with other cutting edge methods of staying in shape, he's probably ahead of the aging curve for elite athletes. Don' bet against the Lakers, just yet.
Oh I am not discounting LBJ, or the :Lakers. Nor am I trying to blow up his injury for more than it was...BUT...it did keep him out for some time. And look, no matter how well you care for your body, treatment thats available, etc, etc....Father time catches up. That nagging , simple groin pull at 35, doesn't heal like it did at 25,.....or 28.....or even 30. Not to mention the health issues of AD. As of now, and how the roster stands, I'm not ready to make them favorites. Not until the draft, signings, etc, etc...is over. Lets see where rosters sit, first. But...AD and LBJ is as good as it gets.

Reactions: dtgold88
How does one become a lonzo fan? Honest question.

I've mentioned on here before that I took a break from watching basketball for about 10-15 years after I was told I could never play basketball anymore after back surgery #3. Got back into basketball a few years ago and started following college again. The next year I saw Lonzo play early in his freshman year and it was instant basketball love at first sight. Loved the way he played. Became a diehard fan. Followed him to the NBA and started following the NBA again, got the NBA package so I could watch his games.

The next year the same thing happened to me with Trae Young only to an even bigger degree. Followed him to the NBA and became a huge Atlanta Hawks fan overnight. Watched every game they played this year.

So now I get to be a Pelicans diehard fan which I'm very much looking forward to. Going from having to cheer for Dbag Lebron to now getting to do that for Zion, I couldn't ask for anything better than that.

All y'all saying NO made out with this trade are smoking something.

The Pels are now the 2018-19 lakers... Except trade LeBron for Zion, Rondo for holiday, Kuzma for randle and add the worst #4 pick of the last 15 years. And they get 2 more first rounders from the lakers that will be 25 or later.

Lakers dropped a headcase with a bigger headcase father, an underachiever and a role player and got AD. Lakers steal.

You're missing all the future pick stuff, like swap rights, reverse protected first rounders, etc... This is the best haul for a superstar in a long, long time. Pels have one of the best long term foundations in the league.

Also Ball and Ingram are not valueless as you imply, and the #4 pick is generating a ton of interest (mostly for Garland).

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Damn you. Posting it anyways because I am sure half the board has you on ignore. Hate for them to miss it.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

ADVERTISEMENT